Favorite excursion in St. Martin and St. Kitts

smjlt

Maho beach St. Marteen

Bernard's Tour in St. Martin. He is awesome!!

Maho beach will continue to be my favorite being a avaition geek who was too 4F to fly for a living. Bernards was great in 2011, though I don't like some of the changes to the public tour (less time at Orient beach and more time at manufactured tourist spots.) But in 2013 people from our group got enough people to get a private tour catered to their wishes at a reasonable price.

Now back to reading about St Kitts ideas. Our first time there we took the volcano tour through the ship which was ok, but I'd look for something else next time.

Edited by BillOh
typo

We have been out on Random Wind twice in St. Martin and loved both trips. It is one of our favorites of all the exercusions we have done any where. We went right by Maho beach and saw a large jet land and take off. The food is delicious and the entire trip is beautiful and fun.

Maho beach will continue to be my favorite being a avaition geek who was too 4F to fly for a living. Bernards was great in 2011, though I don't like some of the changes to the public tour (less time at Orient beach and more time at manufactured tourist spots.) But in 2013 people from our group got enough people to get a private tour catered to their wishes at a reasonable price.

Now back to reading about St Kitts ideas. Our first time there we took the volcano tour through the ship which was ok, but I'd look for something else next time.

Totally agree. If someone is interested in spending any significant time at Orient Beach I would recommend just taking a taxi directly there. The tourists stops are just money makers for the tour operators.

Edited by Jimmers

St. Kitts Catamaran sail & Nevis beach getaway: $99.75 per and lasted 4.5 hours. If you like sailing this is a fantastic tour. Takes 1.5 hrs each way to Nevis. It includes a barbecue of chicken & hot dogs. Free flowing Carib beer and rum punches on both the catamaran and the barbecue. You get to swim for about 45 minutes.

I did my 2014 Jewel cruise a few months after back surgery. In the recent past I've been down on official Royal exucrsions, but on this cruise I couldn't plan any excursions until almost the time of sail so I was stuck with Royal. I took this exact excursion and enjoyed this one very much.

Please, tell me about your favorite things you have done when you got off the ship in St Martin and St Kitts.

Favorite thing in St Maarten is about 100 yards from the ship just behind the tourist information counter. There is a small shop that sells 3 Kg wheels of Holland Gouda cheese for $35 which works out to be a bit over $5/pound. The current price in the US is more than $16/pound.

Since it is sealed in wax, there is no issue with US Customs or TSA. At least Holland America Line will keep it in cold storage until the night before disembarkation. There is no issue if it is not refrigerated for 24 hours on the way back home. A large piece of authentic Dutch Gouda cheese always appealed to my co-workers and brought comments that I should not have spent so much on them.:)

FWIW it makes fantastic Mac & cheese.

• 5 months later...