Is it weird.....

summer slope

dixiefinn I don't find it weird at all. When I unpack from a cruise I separate "stuff" into 2 groups. Those thing I have to use here at home and those things that will get packed for the next cruise! :o That way I've started packing a year in advance.

Stay warm, I bet our 19 :eek: here at the beach this AM probably sounds toasty warm to you.

I began shopping this weekend for my 89 day January 2016 cruise. It occurred to me that next November, when It should be time to get serious about organizing for three climate zones, it might be difficult to find short sleeve tee shirts or linen pants.

When I unpack from a cruise I separate "stuff" into 2 groups. Those thing I have to use here at home and those things that will get packed for the next cruise! :o That way I've started packing a year in advance.

My wife does this! At first I would tease her about it, but now I see it makes sense.

Just this morning we were talking about the cruise we want to take next summer but haven't booked yet because we are still waiting for the cruises to be announced. She looked at me with a big grin and said she is almost ready to go since she has most of her "cruise" stuff already organized! :D

Edited by JimAOk1945

that....with over a year before our next cruise I want to begin packing today. I am so sick of the sub zero weather here in the North I want to begin packing!! Warm thoughts.

It is weird....

I thought you were referring to my passport photo. ( it is kind of):eek::eek::)

Have a great weekend.

Don

Edited by Folk Singer

Absolutely not! I have the luxury of living in Florida and I swear I am always packing a suitcase.

Suggestion: Print out the deck plans in color and make a cover page. Then you can flip through the pages when you are dreaming about being onboard the ship. Plus, it helps you get familiar with the ships layout.

Put some things aside. I always have some clothes I wear when cruising. Just think of all the months you have to find bargains at the store for new stuff!

Have lots of fun in anticipation before your cruise. I have 37 more days until my next one. Very excited. My very first 10-day voyage.

Suggestion: Print out the deck plans in color and make a cover page. Then you can flip through the pages when you are dreaming about being onboard the ship. Plus, it helps you get familiar with the ships layout.

Great idea! I think I'll do this. Have fun on your next cruise!

I began shopping this weekend for my 89 day January 2016 cruise. It occurred to me that next November, when It should be time to get serious about organizing for three climate zones, it might be difficult to find short sleeve tee shirts or linen pants.

An 89 day cruise? Wow! I can only dream. Where would an 89 day cruse take a

person?

Doesn't everyone make a binder for each cruise? Three on my desk now.

And yes, I was trying on some cruise clothes yesterday (but we sail in six weeks - yay!)

of course. I have 4 made: one for the booked oct maasdam 50 day cruise; two for want to be cruises; and one if I win the lottery! So if I'm weird also it looks like I am in good company! Happy cruising and dreaming!

I have binders for each trip....then I add a top page for things I might have wanted to do differently if we make a return trip....it has helped our friends several times in planning their cruises......

Hadn't thought of doing one for future trips tho....good idea....!!

My wife started a "future cruise" folder for a cruise we plan to take next Summer. She made printouts of the shore excursions we plan to take, as well as the deck plans and other information about the ship.

We haven't booked it yet since we are still waiting for the Summer itineraries to be announced. When it opens, we are ready!