Reflection may be late leaving today

smitty99n

Seasoned cruisers know enough to arrive the night before just to prevent weather from interrupting cruise departures.

Celebrity should pretend that they too know that flying from a snow zone creates problems.

We have been told that our stop in San Juan has been cancelled...

What a surprise ;)

The last of the Celebrity charters is in. It came in at 341. Now they have to clear customs and transfer to the ship. You should be out of port by 540. One would wonder why Celebrity is on such a tight schedule that they could not make up that time.

We are well seasoned cruisers and always go out two days pre cruise. But after doing this package last year with no problems decided to do it again. This time were not so lucky. I put it the same comment on our evaluation or comment sheet last year but I think that the logistics would be such that Celebrity would not find it profitable to do so. You are looking at 500 passengers to accommodate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned cruisers know enough to arrive the night before just to prevent weather from interrupting cruise departures.

Celebrity should pretend that they too know that flying from a snow zone creates problems.

We have been told that our stop in San Juan has been cancelled...

What a surprise ;)

We travel during school vacations. Flights are booked either way for days. If there are flight cancellations, there is no way to get out for days. We take the insurance and pray.

They will probably run short of food on the cruise as many people go out for dinner in San Juan. Bring on the doggie bags from the Oceanview and Opus.

The $10 was probably just a refund of port fees. We've always received a credit for them when our ship did not make a port.

I came to this board today to see why the Silhouette was leaving late today (Sunday, 6:20 p.m. EST). The Allure of the Seas came back to port for a medical emergency, so that may have been the reason.

I agree that it's always best to fly down the day before a cruise. But new cruisers probably don't know that and are relying on Celebrity to get them there on time if they purchased their airfare through the cruise line.

Edited by geoherb

Are these Canadian Charters going to be continued through the March sailings?

Yes they will till mid April. I think the last Caribbean sailing before the TA. Or at least that was what they did last year and I think they are doing the same thus year.

We are sailing next week. Celebrity charter from Canada. Does It really matter that ship leaves late?

Depends on who you are asking. If sailing late makes the ship miss a port?

For those people who want to go to that port then yes, it matters.

For people who don't care about the ports and are just sailing for

R&R, then it probably doesn't matter.

I don't think 2 or 3 hours really makes a difference! Ship can make up the time before the first port. Ship would be waiting for 150 people.

Depends on how late the ship leaves.....you asked if it mattered.

I answered your question.

They continue until mid-April. I'm on the Silhouette next week.

Hopefully, there will not be any bad weather for the Canadians leaving for the March 28th sailing. ;)

We are sailing next week. Celebrity charter from Canada. Does It really matter that ship leaves late?

Our Equinox sailing was late leaving Ft. Lauderdale on the 2/2 sailing. We think it was because of the chartered flights, and perhaps others that were caught in the Northeast snow storms. Although the ship left about 2 hours late, we didn't have any trouble making that time up. ;)

When we were on the Silhouette on Feb 8th I thanked the captain for holding the ship of our late arrival from Hamilton Ont. He said that he would have held it long if he had to. He went on to say that he would have just made up the time at sea. When you have 500 passengers coming in from the great white north that's the chance you take.

Hopefully, there will not be any bad weather for the Canadians leaving for the March 28th sailing. ;)

Our Equinox sailing was late leaving Ft. Lauderdale on the 2/2 sailing. We think it was because of the chartered flights, and perhaps others that were caught in the Northeast snow storms. Although the ship left about 2 hours late, we didn't have any trouble making that time up. ;)

The Celebrity charter flights from Canada do not go on the Equinox. The only two ships the use are the Reflection and the Silhouette. The flights for the Reflection go out on Saturday and the flight for the Silhouette goes out on a Sunday.

They offer the packages from Feb 8 till mid April.

When one thinks about it they would have the same weather related problems if they offered the packages from northern American cities.

I do not know if Celebrity will offer this package again here in Canada next year but in my way of thinking they have introduced thousands of new cruisers to the beautiful Celebrity ships. That is great marketing on Celebrity's part. We have sailed with other cruise lines but once we discovered Celebrity we never went back. After being on 6 of their ships we like the product. When we go it's like going home and meeting up with an old friend. Late arrivals or not Celebrity did it right.

We left at 10 pm on one cruise due to weather and did not miss a port. If enough people are missing cruise ships will wait whether or not it is a charter. We fly the day before to be on the ship. Once on we are we are good. The charter is a good marketing tool. They could look at flying people in the day before and combined hotel stay but this also has its planning issues. Since the plane is thru choice air if the people miss the boat celebrity has to get them to the next port of call. I don't think they have had to do it yet.

I can't see that is was weather that made the charter from Halifax this past saturday late leaving because it was beautiful here. I am thinking it had to be something else. Hopefully someone on that flight can shed light on why it was so late leaving.

Someone onboard Reflection heard that all the flights had a computer glitch involving flight plans at HQ in Calgary. Whether this is true for all these charter flights or not it seems more plausible than weather.

Someone onboard Reflection heard that all the flights had a computer glitch involving flight plans at HQ in Calgary. Whether this is true for all these charter flights or not it seems more plausible than weather.

Having worked for an airline I can defiantly see that happening and causing a huge delay....