MS Eurodam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Away February 22, 2015

aliaschief

Nice day for a sail away, all you lucky ducks! It's a beautiful day down here in South Florida and warming up nicely.

Couple of more weeks and dh & I will be the lucky ducks sailing on the Caribbean Princess! I think the sail away is one of the best parts of a cruise.

Is it your birthday? Did you win the lotto? Or do you have a new computer and picture and sound working?

Enjoy your big day!:)

It's a momentous day! And I wanted to be with my sailaway friends for it. I should get to 5,000 posts today!:D

It's a momentous day! And I wanted to be with my sailaway friends for it. I should get to 5,000 posts today!:D

Congratulations. I hope you realize there are no prizes or reward points for how many CC post one has.:) I have enjoyed your postings and looking forward to many more.

Just back to 25th to 1st Feb in Nw AMSTERDAM and B2B followed by EURODAM 1st Feb to 8th.

I wanted to see these both ships close up to see which is which. Well, of course Nw A is a bit bright in some areas and EURODAM is a but quiet and more usual HAL décor.

What can I say? Only think is they are BOTH very fine ships. And for interiors... BOTH excellent. Food? BOTH excellent. Service, bars, etc ALL BOTH EXCELLENT! I would not say one or the other is better or less. BOTH EXCELLENT!

For my own preference.... décor is a bit more traditional HAL. But.... believe me.... Nw AMSTERDAM is a great ship. Just one area.... Pinnacle restaurant and Pinnacle Bar..... food were perfect. Service... perfect also. Just a difference... the large open space in Nw A is might a bet better.... whereas EURODAM is more like NOORDAM. For the Pinnacle Bars... both excellent but the EURODAM bar was a touch more cosy. Nice.

A year I hated the changes for Canaletto. The 'small plate' thing... I hated. I am please to say they the system has been improved. You don't have to share if you don't to wish... and you can have three or four to make your own 'small plate'. And the chefs are happy to work with you to make suggestions and will make anything they can do for you... within reason of course. Example.... the gnocchi and rib beef tips. Very good rib beefs but gnocchi is not my favourite so..... I asked to switch the rib beef with some pasta.... with best.... crunchy veggies and well..... PERFECTO! I found Canaletto.... a great place to dine.... mixed with Pinnacle and Tamarind. I dined ONE evening in MDRon Nw A and one Mariner luncheon in Nw A and one Mariner luncheon in EURODAM. Nah..... I was happy in the small restaurants.

So.... to the 4,000 passengers sailing this afternoon on... at least we know they will have a great cruise.

Stephen

PS: Dive In..... found it was a bit 'lacking'. Burgers were good... but the trimmings were .... boring. Hate small metal plate.... the hotdogs.... terrible. I prefer the old Poolside burgers were just fine.... with the extra trimmings for tacos etc. Dive In.... a step downwards.