"My Princess" access

caribill

Looks like the web site has been revised.

You can no longer go to the drop-down list labled "Booked Guests" and find a link to "My Princess" and then sign in.

To get to "My Princess" I had to sign in first. Once doing that, a "My Princess" link appears at the top of the page on the right.

Also, the "Learn About Cruising" drop down menu no longer has a link to shore excursions. It is now under the "Ships & Experience" drop-down menu.

Edited by caribill

You can no longer go to the drop-down list labled "Booked Guests" and find a link to "My Princess".

To get to "My Princess" I had to sign in first. Once doing that, a "My Princess" link appears at the top of the page on the right.

Also, the "Learn About Cruising" drop down menu no longer has a link to shore excursions. It is now under the "Ships & Experience" drop-down menu.

Not an improvement. :(

I think a lot of IT people exist to confound us. My experience with them goes from 1964 to the present. I think they just might live in a parallel universe.

Any IT people reading this, I'm not talking about you.

To be fair, in web design, you'd be surprised how many changes like this Princess change, are only enacted via the IT department, but developed via marketing or some times an outside marketing agency who "thinks" they have a surefire method of user experience improvement... little do they know..

Edited by tbonecopper

I think a lot of IT people exist to confound us. My experience with them goes from 1964 to the present. I think they just might live in a parallel universe.

Any IT people reading this, I'm not talking about you.

I work in IT and am constantly amazed at the idiotic things I see. Too often there is "change for the sake of change" and things are implemented without proper testing.

I receive emails from the "Princess Community" fairly often asking me to take a survey. Often they ask you to tell them where you think you would go on the Princess website to find various bits of information. They emphasize that there is no right or wrong answer.

I'm not saying this type of survey was part of the decision making process to makes these specific changes but it's possible.

Every time they try to do it better, it gets worse.

"Improved to death" is my favorite phrase...usually caused when 2 or 3 Vice-Presidents do not have anything to do that week, so they have these little projects.

You can no longer go to the drop-down list labled "Booked Guests" and find a link to "My Princess" and then sign in.

When I hover over "Booked Guests" on the home page there is a link called "Cruise Personalizer Login". When I click on that it takes me to a log in page. Once I fill that out, it takes me directly to my booking. Just did it. Is that what you're talking about?

As for the other, excursions would more rightly be under "experiences" than "learn about cruising" IMO.

Edited by Shmoo here

When I hover over "Booked Guests" on the home page there is a link called "Cruise Personalizer Login". When I click on that it takes me to a log in page. Once I fill that out, it takes me directly to my booking. Just did it. Is that what you're talking about?

As for the other, excursions would more rightly be under "experiences" than "learn about cruising" IMO.

It's the "fill that out" part that's the problem.

I work in IT and am constantly amazed at the idiotic things I see. Too often there is "change for the sake of change" and things are implemented without proper testing.

So true with many things. I remember Microsoft made a change from one version of Word to another. One of the old features went away, but unfortunately it was something I used at work all the time.

And those brilliant:rolleyes: minds at Facebook keep making changes that many of the users hate. Many of those times, one's defaults that have been set up by the user go away and have to be done all over again.

At my daughter's school, one beloved teacher for a major program was replaced at another teacher, who was determined to do things so differently than the others. But many of these changes weren't workable and/or hated by the students (and many parents too). And even a few times that the teacher should have asked help from the older teacher (who may have helped just to make sure things don't screwed up for some events), he obstinately didn't. Fortunately for my daughter, right away she dropped this class, saying it would be a "train wreck."

It's the "fill that out" part that's the problem.

What fill out part?? I always use the login function. Click it, click my email address which is already filled in, Chrome then puts in my password and I click Log In. Easy-peasy...

What fill out part?? I always use the login function. Click it, click my email address which is already filled in, Chrome then puts in my password and I click Log In. Easy-peasy...

Thank you. Except for not having Chrome fill in of my password, that's my exact M.O., too. I don't understand what byzantine paths the other posters were using to get to their data, but it sounds like they were already doing it the harder way.

Works the same for me with Internet Explorer, too. I've set my Favorites to automatically bring me to the home page, and then I log in. No problem.

It seems that every new IT manager or consultant where I worked for years wanted to change things even if they didn't need fixing. The usual excuse was that it was a benefit to an "upstream" or "downstream" user. The funny thing is they told the same thing to every department ;).

"My Princess" is not the same as "Cruise Personalizer."

And that brings you directly to "My Princess" where you can immediately see your cruise history summary and a path your Circle Savings Account?