Luggage tags--best way to put them on bags?

bluegirlum

How am I supposed to get the luggage tags to stay on my bags? I don't have time to order the fancy holders from Amazon. Do I bring a stapler with me? Tape? I can't remember what I did last time.

What I do is get some clear packing tape and tape the whole tag, making it almost plastic like.

The when you are leaving the house or hotel, get some masking tape and tape around the tag so they stay on the suitcase handles. Those suckers won't fall off then...trust me.

I took the luggage tag graphic and copied it into a photoshop document, then set it up so that there are 5 tags on one sheet, added my name and then printed it on Photoprint paper. No "lamination" needed, just staple it around a handle.

But being anal, with a forgetful tendancy...I put them on everything that goes on the ship:D I figure if I leave my tote bag behind in the WJ it has a better chance of making it back to me if it has a tag on it...

Me too, only I trim off the part below the "staple here" line, and above the "guest name" line -- that is about the size of a business card, and will fit into any number of luggage tags.

If we are driving to the port, we staple the tags on before leaving the house. Once the paper is folded, it is more durable than you think. Put a couple of staples in it and it will be just fine. No need to laminate in packing tape.

When we fly, I just ask for tags from the porter. No big deal, takes a few seconds to do. It is part of the porters' job to provide tags, and no extra tip is necessary above what you would normally give. :)

I used to print then laminate and staple but I bought these the other day from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M5MDAS0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The luggage tags sold on Amazon are greatness. Used them on our last cruise. Very durable & so much better than the paper labels.

Edited by julesbeara

Another vote for the clear luggage tag holders you can purchase through Cruise Critic. I used to do all the print, laminate. punch hole , etc......but it is so easy to slip the tag into the clear holder and put it on your luggage. Wise investment if you are a frequent cruiser. I also attach one to every piece of luggage and carry-on .

I went cheap and printed on heavy paper then folded making it 6x as thick then did 2 layers of glass/packing tape over the entire piece. Then used another piece of tape to attach the ends together. This was done prior to going to the airport and they didn't budge or even get wrinkled at all. It was actually difficult for me to remove them once I got home.

I took the luggage tag graphic and copied it into a photoshop document, then set it up so that there are 5 tags on one sheet, added my name and then printed it on Photoprint paper. No "lamination" needed, just staple it around a handle.

Me too, only I trim off the part below the "staple here" line, and above the "guest name" line -- that is about the size of a business card, and will fit into any number of luggage tags.

Free tool to make 4 at a time and even add your name. http://www3.zansstuff.com/luggage-tags

I had bought the ones from Amazon and somehow it got caught and ripped off. I waited till 10pm one night for my luggage. So, I'm back to just using packing tape on each side and across when I put it on the bag.

I also now put a luggage tag on each handle. I figure that increases my chances of at least one of them staying on!

This is the reason I love this board. I am used to DCL's airport-style tags that they send you.

How long before your cruise are the RCCL ones available to print? And do they have to be in color? If it's before school lets out for the summer (end of June, just over a month before the cruise) I can print in color. Otherwise it would be B&W using the library printer.

This is the reason I love this board. I am used to DCL's airport-style tags that they send you.

How long before your cruise are the RCCL ones available to print? And do they have to be in color? If it's before school lets out for the summer (end of June, just over a month before the cruise) I can print in color. Otherwise it would be B&W using the library printer.

I'd like to quote this - do we need to use a color printer?

not sure if your interested and they were here in two days and really a great quality. bought them from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424974445&sr=8-1&keywords=luggage+tags+for+cruise+ships

Edited by saleaaway

OP here. Since I am flying in the morning of the cruise, I decided to "laminate" them with packing tape. I've cut holes in them and am going to attach them with zip ties. We'll see how it goes. Will probably get the ones from Amazon for the next trip.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Now if I can just finish packing!!:eek: