Michael's Club is now suite only. Is there a replacement?

elizabet

Hello,

We did a 11 night cruise Eastern Med. last year on the Reflection and Michael's Club was one of the ship highlights for us. I've just booked a 2016 cruise on the Millennium (16 days Bering Sea crossing, woot!), and was sad to sea (hardy, har, har!) that this venue is now available to suite guests only (we typically sail Aqua Class). Has Celebrity replaced the niche beer lounge with a similar venue? My husband very much enjoyed the selection and variety of beers and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they served lambic ales and decent selection of scotches. Does the Millennium even have a Michael's club or similar venue (hopefully available to all guests)? I've gone over the deck plans and have yet to see anything of the sort.

Thanks in advance,

Eliz.

Hello,

We did a 11 night cruise Eastern Med. last year on the Reflection and Michael's Club was one of the ship highlights for us. I've just booked a 2016 cruise on the Millennium (16 days Bering Sea crossing, woot!), and was sad to sea (hardy, har, har!) that this venue is now available to suite guests only (we typically sail Aqua Class). Has Celebrity replaced the niche beer lounge with a similar venue? My husband very much enjoyed the selection and variety of beers and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they served lambic ales and decent selection of scotches. Does the Millennium even have a Michael's club or similar venue (hopefully available to all guests)? I've gone over the deck plans and have yet to see anything of the sort.

Thanks in advance,

Eliz.

No replacement except on the Equinox you can try the new Gastrobar which has replaced Cellar Masters. It is rumored that they are putting the Gastrobar on the other ships at drydocks.

So, where are they currently hosting Happy Hour for Elites and/or Elite Pluses? Used to be Michaels unless they had too many onboard and went to the Sky...

For example, when we did Australia/New Zealand on Century and they had only 24 Elites onboard, it was a delightful little gathering in Michaels every evening...

I am curious here too, we sail on Infinity in Oct 2015 and I read the list of beers available at GastroBar and the old Michaels and was really looking forward to sampling a few, any ideas where you go for stuff like this on Infinity/Millennium class?

Best,

Derek

Elite events are now generally held in the Sky lounge if they are not doing vouchers with large numbers.

Michael's became the Suite Lounge in April 2014 fleet wide, perhaps a bit sooner for Century.

The beers it once held are now in Cellar Masters for the most part, except for Equinox, currently the only ship that Cellar Masters was converted to GastroBar where the beers live. Last GastroBar menu I saw had around 40 beer varieties listed.

My Sillie sailing in November Cellar Masters had around 69 varieties of beer to select from, and Summit last month had a smilier number.

Michael's was always a hit and miss venue, never really well attended but for a few unusual circumstances. So now it's a suite lounge, in keeping up with other similar lines and their suite programs, driving increased revenues with higher fares for suite guests.

So, where are they currently hosting Happy Hour for Elites and/or Elite Pluses? Used to be Michaels unless they had too many onboard and went to the Sky...

For example, when we did Australia/New Zealand on Century and they had only 24 Elites onboard, it was a delightful little gathering in Michaels every evening...

Have never had elite event in Michaels club. Have always been in Sky lounge even when we had vouchers Sky lounge was closed for the cocktail event.

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Eliz.

There will be a replacement when they change to the new Gastro bar. The Equinox is the only one so far. The Eclipse will get there gastro bar in April. Do not know about the other ships.

Have never had elite event in Michaels club. Have always been in Sky lounge even when we had vouchers Sky lounge was closed for the cocktail event.[/quote

When we cruised in 2011 on the Mercury they held the Elite Happy Hour in Michaels Club. They had to change to a different venue after more people became Elite.

Have never had elite event in Michaels club. Have always been in Sky lounge even when we had vouchers Sky lounge was closed for the cocktail event.

They used to have it in Michael's all the time....I attended many

of them in there....I guess it was before lots and lots of Elite and Elite+

were sailing.

There was no official indication why it will not become a Gastrobar.

Unofficially I heard that the Gastrobar has not lived up to expectations on Equinox, with too many comments like "why should I pay for a burger when I can get one for free elsewhere on the ship?"

Cruisestitch, that's good news for us. We were thinking we might stick with M class since we were told they had no plans to remove Cellar Masters from those ships. I can do without Perry but looking forward to afternoon and pre dinner wines in Cellar Masters on Eclipse next year.

I asked, but got no answer, what would happen to the enomatic machines which are all still in situ but are no longer working. My guess is that the metal cases will be removed. Live music in there starts at 8:30 or 9:30. But sometimes the music in the Grand Foyer was so loud you could be bothered by it in Cellar masters. Ensemble was a nicer place for cocktails. There will probably be vouchers on all upcoming Caribbean cruises on Eclipse from here on.

Edited by cruisestitch

There was no official indication why it will not become a Gastrobar.

Unofficially I heard that the Gastrobar has not lived up to expectations on Equinox, with too many comments like "why should I pay for a burger when I can get one for free elsewhere on the ship?"[/quote

Well maybe the menu concept needs to be considered. But I thought it was like Kobe burgers?

. Did you hear if they were scrapping the slush area too? Although I can't say I read a thing about it reviewed.

I am on two eclipse roll calls and many who joined said they were looking forward to trying the new resturant. But if it isn't working, now is the time to know. Maybe the new suite resturant requires full attention.

I think cellar masters on M class is so much more elegant than s class.

Yes, the food was touted as being more upscale but apparently the concept is on hold. I heard nothing about Slush.

The one time we ordered in the GastroBar, the food was very good.

Slush, even with the Premium Bev pkg, was one and done. It was meh.