Emerald Ultimate Deck Party night?

MJC

Anyone off the Emerald Western Caribbean recently, can you tell us which night was the Ultimate Deck Party? Thanks.

On my cruise 2 weeks ago the "Rock the Deck Party" was Roatan day Wednesday, at 9:30 pm deck 15 midship.

I think they alternate the iteniary don't they?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We were on the Emerald Princess sailing Feb 8 and the "Rock the Deck" party was on Wednesday night after our port stop in Roatan. I double checked my Patter to be sure !! I have also noticed that there are a couple different itineraries so maybe that has an effect on which night is Deck Party night ...We had 2 sea days right away, there is a different itinerary with the 2 sea days at the end of the cruise ..

Edited by truckguy

• 2 weeks later...

We've never sailed on Princess...what is the ultimate deck party? attire for this deck party? I thought I also read about a Disco night. Do people dress in 80's attire? Man, this is going to be a packed, huge piece of luggage!

We've never sailed on Princess...what is the ultimate deck party? attire for this deck party? I thought I also read about a Disco night. Do people dress in 80's attire? Man, this is going to be a packed, huge piece of luggage!

You can dress up if you wish...people go dressed up and in their normal street clothes. If you dress up you will likely catch the eye of the Cruise Director and his/her (our cruise I believe his) staff as they dress up for these events. Seen some funny clothes on the staff for these parties.

White night on some cruises gets interesting in the hotter weather and humid environments of some cruises.

For events such as disco night, 70's night, western night, etc., it is the Cruise Director's staff that dresses to the theme, not the passengers (although you could it you wanted to).

For the deck party, it is very casual. If weather allows, most people will be in a tropical shirt and shorts.

For events such as disco night, 70's night, western night, etc., it is the Cruise Director's staff that dresses to the theme, not the passengers (although you could it you wanted to).

For the deck party, it is very casual. If weather allows, most people will be in a tropical shirt and shorts.

I've seen some pax get dressed up...of course it was those same people doing the sexy legs contest and others that brought attention to themselves.

I, too, have never been on a Princess cruise. Can someone please explain about the party night? What about the others that have been mentioned? What is involved? Who goes? Music? Other details? Etcetera. THANKS!

It is on the deck by a pool late on one evening.

All passengers can attend if they wish to. At best maybe 25% do.

At the party, the Cruise Director's staff will try to whip up excitement.

There will be music and some group dancing (think "YMCA" or similar) and a conga line.

There used to be food (great dessert display), but that was eliminated several years ago.

Thanks Rancher Dave...you are a wealth of knowledge! I will be looking for you in your leisure suit :-)!

Tomorrow is agriculture day for me...unless weather messes it up and I wait to Saturday...swing by Fayette County and say Howdy...

See you Monday at the M&G for sure...probably will have my Aussie cowboy hat on, or perhaps the dress code colors for all shipboard events Burnt Orange and White...:D

It is on the deck by a pool late on one evening.

All passengers can attend if they wish to. At best maybe 25% do.

At the party, the Cruise Director's staff will try to whip up excitement.

There will be music and some group dancing (think "YMCA" or similar) and a conga line.

There used to be food (great dessert display), but that was eliminated several years ago.

I was on Emerald two weeks ago and I din't think the "party" was a big deal. It's become just another opportunity to sell drinks with not much else happening. More fun going on in other areas of the ship.

Edited by mek

We were on the Emerald last week. The Love Boat Disco Deck Party on the lido deck was Wednesday starting at 9:00 PM with a DJ playing 70's music. At 9:30 the band Wavelength (they were good) started playing 70's music and the actual party started at 10:00 PM and was shown on the MUTS large screen. For once they did not do that silly line dance routine. The deck party was actually good for a change and most stayed until the end even though it was a port day followed by a port day.