Your fav item from buffet?

michelle028

I'm a huge fan of the salad bar! Tons of choices, plus I surf the other stations for add-ons (especially among the prepared salads -- I love the Russian salad.).

Among the desserts, I always am on the look-out for the sugar-free cappucino cake.

Salad Bar. It's usually pretty good, but it can be different from ship to ship.

Wurst Night. I love German night, too. They actually call it Bavarian Night. I always get the spaetzle with gravy from one of the entrées. I can't recall the name. I also call it "wurst" night because they usually have a selection of sausages like bratwurst, knockwurst, etc.

One of my favorite MDR items is sometimes found in the buffet and that is the veal ravioli. It's very good.

I enjoy the Theme nights in the HC. And the salads at the IC.

:)

Do they announce a theme night for the HC or do you just happen upon it? I have been on lots of cruises and never noticed this!

Best thing I love in the HC...the bread & breadsticks...mmmmm...and the fruit tarts

The split grilled lobster tails that were at the HC on the Regal's inaugural. They'll never be there again, but it was good while it lasted!

Another vote for the chicken salad (and cro-nuts, to which we're now addicted) at the IC.

Look on the back page of the Patter under the restaurant listing. Next to HC and Café Caribe will be the theme for lunch or evening meal for that day. Makers it nice to know what to expect. The two surprises we had on the Emerald last month is the HC had Island Seafood Night and the only seafood was a couple salads and they carved Salmon. However, watch the Café Caribe for American Buffet as it has the shrimp.