Taking own sunbed for use on balcony?

suekay

We have a Sweet 16 cabin with a large balcony, but understand there are no loungers, nor is the steward allowed to bring one. Has anybody ever taken their own onboard? I've heard of people taking hammocks but never lightweight folding loungers

I guess....if it won't fit on the balcony, you could always take it ashore on a beach day! You are unlikely to be in full sun for the entire day, tho...your "tanning" time on balconies is really limited to early morning or late afternoon...depending on where the sun is in relation to your side of the ship. Each balcony is covered by the deck above.

Edited by cb at sea

We have a Sweet 16 cabin with a large balcony, but understand there are no loungers, nor is the steward allowed to bring one. Has anybody ever taken their own onboard? I've heard of people taking hammocks but never lightweight folding loungers

Gave you considered an inflatable?

With an integral hand/foot pump

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I have seen people carrying beach chairs, beach umbrellas, floats, and blow up kids pools. If you can drive to the port, you can bring anything. If you fly, you may have some restrictions. I have met people who have flown in and then bought stuff to bring on the ship. On recent cruise there were people using noodles to exercise. I have had the bigger veranda. If you ask nicely and tip, you may get a lounge chair.

Thanks to all for your replies. The balcony is large and partly uncovered, so I'm hoping for sun at least part of the day. I did think about inflatables and may yet still do that if the weight is a problem. Ive tipped in the past on Rccl and been brought an extra sunbed, but have heard that people have had their steward refuse on Celebrity, saying they aren't allowed. Just glad to know that personal sunbeds aren't banned:)

Edited by suekay

Remember, all furniture on balconies must be inflammable. Cannot leave it there when you are out of the cabin or at night. Even though Celebrity prohibits smoking on balconies, there are always those that flout the rules. EM

Remember, all furniture on balconies must be inflammable. Cannot leave it there when you are out of the cabin or at night. Even though Celebrity prohibits smoking on balconies, there are always those that flout the rules. EM

May I suggest that you mean NON inflammable?

Because the ones I'm looking at are lightweight and foldable, we'd bring them inside when not in use. I have visions of them flying away if left outside when we aren't around

This always befuddles me. Why don't cruise lines, when they have a balcony large enough to accomodate one, automatically have a lounge chair there? The guest would surely appreciate it and, other than the initial added expense of buying a lounge instead of a regular chair, it doesn't seem like there would be any downside for the cruise line.

What am I missing?

apparently inflammable and flammable are interchangeable! Oops!

I think they are trying to get away from the use of the word "inflammable" to avoid such confusion.