Tamirand Restaurant on Nieuw Amsterdam

pauladolla

Where is the Tamirand restaurant located on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I know on the Eurodam it was on one of the top decks but I've looked on the Nieuw Amsterdam deck plan 3 times and I cannot find it.

Tamarind and Silk Den are in the same location on Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam ..... and both are wonderful for dinner. :)

Hi Sail!

Is the Silk Den "just" a lounge/bar? Do you have to be eating at the Tamarind to have drinks there? I saw someone (you) say to be sure to have a pre-Tamarind-dinner drink at the Silk Den...

Just a regular bar adjacent to the Tamarind. Open to everyone, whether eating at Tamarind or not.

Hi Sail!

Is the Silk Den "just" a lounge/bar? Do you have to be eating at the Tamarind to have drinks there? I saw someone (you) say to be sure to have a pre-Tamarind-dinner drink at the Silk Den...

It's a lovely lounge and very different than all other HAL lounges.

DH and I often had a cocktail there whether dining Tamarind that night or not. :)

One can have dinner in the Silk Den?! :D

Peter,,,,,,,, really?

I'll be more careful with my grammar. Seems even you get confused with my poor use of the English language. :cool: Glad you included a smiley.

Edited by sail7seas

It was just in fun. :)

It's snowing again in Boston...... my sense of humor is on a very short leash. :D :eek: :( :p More snow predicted for Thursday. It's lost its humor.

I loved both of these venues on NA. Although we experienced pretty severe vibration in Tamarind during our meal we actually found it comical after a few minutes. The food and service were outstanding and the restaurant is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's snowing again in Boston...... my sense of humor is on a very short leash. :D :eek: :( :p More snow predicted for Thursday. It's lost its humor.

While not anywhere in the same boat as the Bostonians, we have had enough of the snow too. Just got some more today, it has changed into sleet then rain so it will be a fine mess tomorrow morning. We will be in the 40's tomorrow and by Thursday we are back to snow.

After our usual February cruise we usually come back to the end of winter but now it feels we never went on the cruise and need one now.

I feel sorry for everyone in New England having such an awful winter.

Leaving a week from Sunday and looking forward to sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Thanks for the information I knew I would get an answer. I feel foolish as I just didn't scan down far enough on the deck plan.

I loved both of these venues on NA. Although we experienced pretty severe vibration in Tamarind during our meal we actually found it comical after a few minutes. The food and service were outstanding and the restaurant is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were advised by the Tamarind staff to not sit next to the windows as that is where the vibration is felt the most. Those that came after us ended up by the windows and thought the vibration was interesting.

Is it just me, but when I am on a ship I expect certain things to be ship-like and not building like; things like rocking; vibrations; tilting during sharp turns and wind when sailing. It reminds me that I am on a ship. :)

Everything in moderation of course. :)

Edited by Boytjie

We didn't really notice the vibration on the NA. It may depend on how sensitive you are to movement. (I guess we're just insensitive. ;) )

It's a scientific fact the more you drink the less you notice vibrations!

We didn't really notice the vibration on the NA. It may depend on how sensitive you are to movement. (I guess we're just insensitive. ;) )

We did a b-to-b on Nieuw Amsterdam and dined in Tamarind at least three times. Perhaps we had incredibly smooth seas but I don't recall noticing any particular movement. Twice we asked to be seated at the window. :)