Wait list on Sapphire Princess

TheCj's

Hi,

This is our first cruise with Princess and would like some advice about excursions. We are on a wait list for a trip to the DMZ in S. Korea. If we cannot take this trip we would like to book another. Has anybody been on a wait list for a trip and been allocated a place once on board or would your advice be to cancel the hoped for trip and book another. They are all filling fast. Only two possibilities left now and we don't sail for a month!

Appreciate you advice in advance.

No way to predict. On one of our cruises, we cancelled an excursion that we had booked before we sailed and decided to do a different one. We went to the excursion desk to inquire about availability and the staff person told us someone had just cancelled (excursion was full) and put us on the list.

Stay on the waitlist. If you clear by embarkation day, there will be tickets for the excursion in your cabin.

If you did not clear, check with the shore excursion desk in case the waitlist request did not make it to the ship.

To cover the case that you may not clear the waitlist, do reserve a backup Princess tour (but do not cancel the waitlist spot.). If the DMZ one clears, you can cancel the backup tour with no penalty. (If the system works correctly, it would be cancelled automatically, but that may not always happen.)

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately the 'system' (cruise personaliser) will not let me reserve two excursions on the same day as they are both 7hr long. Think we will hold off until the end of March and then make a decision.

Thank you again

Kind Regards

The CJ's

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately the 'system' (cruise personaliser) will not let me reserve two excursions on the same day as they are both 7hr long. Think we will hold off until the end of March and then make a decision.

Thank you again

Kind Regards

The CJ's

I suggest calling Princess and ask them if they can manually mane an entry keep you on a waitlist while booking a backup excursion.

Edited by caribill

I suggest calling Princess and ask them if they can manually mane an entry keep you on a waitlist while booking a backup excursion.

Thank you for this suggestion. I have done just that and Princess has now booked us on two excursions on that day. We have to cancel one of them 48hrs beforehand.

Once again thank you all. What a mine of information on CC!

I was on a waiting list for a popular excursion in Bermuda did not go for an alternate.When I got on board the ticket was in my cabin.There were several coach loads of us on this tour and I think if there is a long waiting list Princess adds another coach.

Thank you for this suggestion. I have done just that and Princess has now booked us on two excursions on that day. We have to cancel one of them 48hrs beforehand.

Once again thank you all. What a mine of information on CC!

Cancellation time for shore excursions for each port will be on a card that comes with the excursion tickets.

If you are still on the wait list at that time, do not cancel it as it may still come through. If it does come through, you can then cancel the other excursion at no penalty. Just check with the excursion desk when on board to make sure they know you still want the tour you are wait listed for.