Last Minute Questions

We are leaving Saturday on the Serenade of the Seas out of NOLA (Key West and Bahamas). I have a few last minute questions if anyone is willing to respond. Thank you.

Which nights will be formal nights?

What shows or other entertainment rank high in your opinion?

It will be my eighth cruise, but only my second with RC. What perks might I look forward to, and I heard mention of a coupon book. What might be included in that?

Does anyone have a link to the room service menu?

We have booked tours through the ship at both destinations, but does anyone have a "not to be missed" Key West or Nassau suggestion?

What do you think the chances are that we will actually get to go to Cocoa Cay?

If you have any other Serenade Secrets or tidbits that would be helpful, I am soaking up any info I can get.

Thanks, Cruise Critic readers!

If you have joined Crown & Anchor (C&A) and your C&A number is associated with your upcoming cruise, you will get the Gold level coupons in Patti's list below:

Current Listing of Exclusive Onboard Offers by C&A Level

This is a typical room service menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36762748&postcount=5

Edited by clarea

How many nights is your cruise because less then 7 nights effects the formal night. Short cruises are doing away with formals.

It's a 7-nighter. I don't know for sure, but usually the first formal night will be the 2nd night of the cruise and correspond with "Captain's Welcome Aboard" reception. The other formal night will likely be night 6.

Haven't been on this specific itinerary so I can't answer most of your questions, but my husband and I sailed on the Serenade in Europe for our honeymoon in October 2013. She is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. Not sure how the staff rotation works, but our waiters were Ivo and Miguel in the MDR and they were awesome. In the Windjammer, there's an outdoor section on the aft of the ship, we always found a table there, which was nice when the inside was crowded (not sure if people knew tables were out there). We hung out at the Schooner Bar a lot as well, for trivia and drinks. We went to the Love & Marriage game show which was amusing, and the acrobatic shows in the centrum were great, but the Quest is the BEST (adults only) thing that we did. Oh, and the British pub (forget the name) was a good place to hang out too, sometimes they had live music. You will have a fabulous time! :)

In Key West, I recommend taking a Trolley or Conch Train tour. It is a 90 minute tour that goes all around the island so you will learn its history and see the architecture and many of the places you will want visit afterward. Here is the link to their websites which tell you all about the places to visit while in Key West. Cost is about $30pp, kids 12 & under are free.

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/

http://www.conchtourtrain.com/

If you just stroll down Duval street you will find lots of bars with live music, art galleries and some of the most amazing restaurants.

Highlights include Southernmost Point, Hemmingway House (where Ernest Hemmingway lived and wrote some his most famous novels), Audubon House, Harry Truman's Little White House, Shipwreck Musueum, Mel Fishers Maritime Museum, Customs House Museum, Key West Aquarium, Lighthouse, Key West Cemetery and Butterfly Museum.

You won't have enough time or money to do it all but this should give you some good ideas. Do some research and see what interests you.

We are leaving Saturday on the Serenade of the Seas out of NOLA (Key West and Bahamas). I have a few last minute questions if anyone is willing to respond. Thank you.

Which nights will be formal nights?

What shows or other entertainment rank high in your opinion?

It will be my eighth cruise, but only my second with RC. What perks might I look forward to, and I heard mention of a coupon book. What might be included in that?

Does anyone have a link to the room service menu?

We have booked tours through the ship at both destinations, but does anyone have a "not to be missed" Key West or Nassau suggestion?

What do you think the chances are that we will actually get to go to Cocoa Cay?

If you have any other Serenade Secrets or tidbits that would be helpful, I am soaking up any info I can get.

Thanks, Cruise Critic readers!

Did you register for the Meet 'n' Mingle? If not, just show up on Sunday in the Vortex on Deck 13 at 11:30 A.M.

And get over to the Roll Call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1839061&page=104

(we will go to CocoCay. I promise you. ;) )

Did you register for the Meet 'n' Mingle? If not, just show up on Sunday in the Vortex on Deck 13 at 11:30 A.M.

DH and I are traveling with sister and brother-in-law. Maybe we will join y'all. How much is the cost for the meet and mingle? (I know it's all there probably, but I am PACKING!) :)

Edited by teacher2cruiser

DH and I are traveling with sister and brother-in-law. Maybe we will join y'all. How much is the cost for the meet and mingle? (I know it's all there probably, but I am PACKING!) :)

Goodness gracious, it's FREE! Come and meet ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much! We've not cruised in a few years, and we have just had our second snow and ice covering in 2 weeks here in Mississippi, so we are BEYOND READY AND EXCITED!

We did a Meet and Mingle with a group on Carnival where drinks were included once, and we paid like $15 per couple and had a couple of drinks. That's why I was asking a price. Thanks and we will try to make it!