Stockholder's benefit extended

caribill

Thanks.

So true. RCI is non-combinable. But I get OBC from travel agency, AMEX, princess credit card and stock.

So yes we stay with Princess when ever we can. If not we sail on HAL

How does the AMEX credit work? Is it OBC? If so, how much is it? Does it depend on cruise length or cabin type or both?

Thanks.

So true. RCI is non-combinable. But I get OBC from travel agency, AMEX, princess credit card and stock.

What are the details on AMEX OBC? Didn't know about that one. How do we get that? TIA!

It is part of the American Express Platinum or Centorian (sp?).

Here is the link:

https://travel.americanexpress.com/travel/cpp

It states that you must book thru American express travel but that is not true. I never book with them as I am an agent myself.

You do need to cruise a lot to get your annual fee back but we try and use all the benefits we can

Thanks.

Here is the link:

It states that you must book thru American express travel but that is not true. I never book with them as I am an agent myself.

You do need to cruise a lot to get your annual fee back but we try and use all the benefits we can

If I read the terms right (Googled AMEX Platinum) there is a $450 annual fee? Ummmmmmm...... No thanks.

If I read the terms right (Googled AMEX Platinum) there is a $450 annual fee? Ummmmmmm...... No thanks.

The Platinum Amex card is aimed at people who travel a lot. It offers things like free admission to about 1000 airport lounges around the world. It offers access to over 1,000,000 free wife sites. Along with a number of other benefits. At $450 per year it is not worth the cost to most of us. We get it free as a perk from our financial planner.

Got this in my email last week from AMEX with changes coming June 1.

"American Express, bruised by the recent loss of two major partnerships and an important court case, is seeking to reinvigorate its brand by sweetening the rewards on one of its most popular lines of cards.

The company announced on Thursday new benefits for holders of its gold cards, including double points for all restaurant transactions in the United States for its premier rewards gold card and regular gold card. It will begin offering a personalized travel service for those cardholders as well as a $100 annual credit for airline incidentals, including meals and baggage surcharges. And it will eliminate foreign transaction fees. Other types of gold cards will get new benefits as well.

The new gold card benefits, which will begin June 1, won’t come without some added cost to cardholders: The annual membership fee for the premier rewards gold card will rise $20, to $195 per year. For the regular gold card, it will rise even more, to $160 from $125."

bob

Got this in my email last week from AMEX with changes coming June 1.

"American Express, bruised by the recent loss of two major partnerships and an important court case, is seeking to reinvigorate its brand by sweetening the rewards on one of its most popular lines of cards.

I read that when Costco dropped them AMEX shares dropped about 10%. :eek:

That is what I thought until we really started cruising. And we always cruise in suites. So for us the annual fee I thought is $495. Plus we other perks on the ship besides the OBC. SO if we sail twice we are already 105 ahead plus the airport lounges are great. The hotel program has gotten us a lot of free upgrades early / late check in/out. Preferred concert seating and passes. Dining and the list goes on.

Most people do it for the name of it. If I didn't get the benefits the card it gone.

Now Costco AMEX card says platinum but is not a real platinum.

I think it is stupid that they only take one credit card in their stores but take all credit cards at Costco.com.

Most places have dropped AMEX and I am estimating that unless AMEX gets bailed out by someone they will fail as well.

I remember when Walt Disney World only took American Express and you could only book than the two on site hotels (not resorts yet) thru Eastern Airlines with AMEX.

Well getting ready to sail tomorrow! Best get packing.

By the way LOVE LOVE ELITE! Even though we get lots of the same perks in the suite when not they are all booked I can do other categories.

Keep Cruising!

Most places have dropped AMEX and I am estimating that unless AMEX gets bailed out by someone they will fail as well.

Actually they are one of the most profitable so no worries about AMEX failing.

Mike:)

I read that when Costco dropped them AMEX shares dropped about 10%. :eek:

Since when did Costco drop AMEX? That's the only card they take. I used it there very recently.

Since when did Costco drop AMEX? That's the only card they take. I used it there very recently.

Costco stopped accepting AMEX, so far, only in Canada.

I heard it on the news & read it last week...effective 4/1/16 it will be a Citibank VISA card.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/03/02/costco-citi-visa-deal/24253649/

Here is the link:

If you didn't book through AMEX Travel, how did you get the credit applied?

We are long time AMEX Platinum card holders and LOVE their customer service and perks.

If you need the current form here is the page extracted from the annual report. It is not required.

http://dmmarks.com/hawaii2015/images/Shareholder.jpg

OOPS! This is not a form but one is not really needed. Just supply the indicated info. I just use a free online fax service to send the info with a copy of the online broker statement.

Edited by denmarks

That appears to be the announcement rather than the submission form.

Mike:)

OOPS! This is not a form but one is not really needed. Just supply the indicated info. I just use a free online fax service to send the info with a copy of the online broker statement.

Edited by denmarks