My wife's best shot at Soda & More

Garn

Apparently my wife is more devious than I'd realized. I'd told her about the Soda & More, and how it included virgin drinks.

So, she asked if you can just get one of those and a shot of booze for a cheaper DIY version.

I didn't know but I figured someone out there would have tried it.

Also, does anyone know how much a shot costs?

Thanks!

Apparently my wife is more devious than I'd realized. I'd told her about the Soda & More, and how it included virgin drinks.

So, she asked if you can just get one of those and a shot of booze for a cheaper DIY version.

I didn't know but I figured someone out there would have tried it.

Also, does anyone know how much a shot costs?

Thanks!

A shot of liquor is the same price as with a common mixer. i.e. a shot of Bombay Sapphire is $6.95 whether you get it with tonic water or not.

Mike:)

A shot of liquor is the same price as with a common mixer. i.e. a shot of Bombay Sapphire is $6.95 whether you get it with tonic water or not.

Mike:)

Sure, but I'm assuming a shot of a house pour is cheaper than a Pina Colada or Mojito

Over a cruise, you might save $2-3 if you do it that way... The cheapest alcohol pour is approximately $5.50, plus the additional gratuity... by getting the UKP card, actually, it probably would come out the same... in addition, you'd be paying gratuity twice...

Right - I should have clarified, that assuming she's getting the package anyhow, would this work? And it sounds like the answer is "kinda sorta". Trust me, my wife's not usually one to try to save a buck ;), I think it was more of an interesting "what if" scenario.

Thanks for your input.

I have seen someone add liquor from a flask they were carrying. I am going to be generous and assume they had purchased the liquor from room service. Given that scenario you would likely save money but it seems like a hassle. If you want to save money on the drinks go to the BOGO in the afternoon.

I purchased the Soda and More package as a trial on a 4 day cruise. I definitely got more than my money's worth. I enjoyed my morning Virgin Mary (or an evening one as well) and a number of other virgin drinks. It cost me $8.05 per day. Virgin drinks at that time were $4.00 each. Now they seem to have gone up to $5.00 each which makes the package an even better deal.

Not only that, the mixes are designed to have the alcohol mixed via blender. Adding it yourself will make for a VERY uneven (and not necessarily appealing) drink.

Shaken. Not Stirred

;)

I have seen someone add liquor from a flask they were carrying. I am going to be generous and assume they had purchased the liquor from room service. Given that scenario you would likely save money but it seems like a hassle. If you want to save money on the drinks go to the BOGO in the afternoon.

I just add mine to my mug before I leave the room and add their mixture afterwards. There's no need for a flask. ;)

I just add mine to my mug before I leave the room and add their mixture afterwards. There's no need for a flask. ;)

They were likely trying to avoid return trips to their cabin when getting more drinks.

There is nothing funnier than a passenger who puts their

rum in one of the souveneir coke tumblers, and bring it

to the i.cafe for coke with the sticker...

...only to have to bartender rinse out the tumbler before filling.

Shame.

There is nothing funnier than a passenger who puts their

rum in one of the souveneir coke tumblers, and bring it

to the i.cafe for coke with the sticker...

...only to have to bartender rinse out the tumbler before filling.

Shame.

No waste the times I've had mine filled. Quite often I just tell them to use one of their larger glasses for the mix & then pour it into my mug.

Try the chocolate banana with 2 shots of coffee liquor added. :D