Carnival needs to up its game

yankee46

Yes Oasis has been in Florida but not in Canaveral. Driving an average of three to four hours from central Florida has many drawbacks But now being in Canaveral changes the game. We have 23 cruises on Carnival but there brand has been going down in my opinion. No live music and the canned entertainment sucks. Food is also not as good as it once was but that is subjective. Price wise Carnival is the better but you get what you pay for.

Now that the Oasis is coming. What is Carnival next plan?

Seems like the Magic is coming to Port Canaveral.

Personally, we sailed on the Allure and the Dream within months of each other. While the Allure was absolutely wonderful, we had a great time on the Dream as well.

The Dream class is as good as it gets on Carnival (at least until Vista gets here). So I wouldn't hesitate to take the Magic out of Port Canaveral, even if the Oasis is the competing ship.

Seems like the Magic is coming to Port Canaveral.

Personally, we sailed on the Allure and the Dream within months of each other. While the Allure was absolutely wonderful, we had a great time on the Dream as well.

The Dream class is as good as it gets on Carnival (at least until Vista gets here). So I wouldn't hesitate to take the Magic out of Port Canaveral, even if the Oasis is the competing ship.

Of all the cruises I've been on, our Allure cruise was our least favorite. The ship is stunning but outside of that it was the worst cruise experience we have ever been had.

Of all the cruises I've been on, our Allure cruise was our least favorite. The ship is stunning but outside of that it was the worst cruise experience we have ever been had.

We agree about the ship being stunning, but I rank it right up near the top as well for cruise experience.

I am 58 with a bad wheel so can't do any of the rock climbing, ice skating etc but still had a blast.

Bill

Yes Oasis has been in Florida but not in Canaveral. Driving an average of three to four hours from central Florida has many drawbacks But now being in Canaveral changes the game. We have 23 cruises on Carnival but there brand has been going down in my opinion. No live music and the canned entertainment sucks. Food is also not as good as it once was but that is subjective. Price wise Carnival is the better but you get what you pay for.

Just wondering about the drawbacks of a 3-4 hour drive? Seems like an ideal location. Lets see for our next cruise, what direction should we head. it's a good thing for me I do not live on Florida. Would spend all my free time and or money cruising.;)

Just wondering about the drawbacks of a 3-4 hour drive? Seems like an ideal location. Lets see for our next cruise, what direction should we head. it's a good thing for me I do not live on Florida. Would spend all my free time and or money cruising.;)

Agreed! I love living in Minnesota, but it would be a dream to live within a day's drive of a cruise port. Some people don't know how good they have it. :)

We have 23 cruises on Carnival but there brand has been going down in my opinion. No live music and the canned entertainment sucks. Food is also not as good as it once was but that is subjective. Price wise Carnival is the better but you get what you pay for.

I agree with these comments 100%. Not a fan of RCI megaships, but booked on Allure. Will be back to Carnival if they improve the product ("Journeys" looks like a good move.)

Yeah, they did appear to put everything on hold. They passed on the mega liners, somehow deeming them not worth the time and investment, and stood by and watched RCCL march past them with their Genesis project.

All while readers and even Carnival spokespeople scoff at the idea.

Until passengers started flocking to them. Commanding such a draw, they are about to launch an even bigger version.

And through all the hoppla, the Vista appears to be just another offshoot of what they already have.

So yeah, you have a point.

I think the Vista looks great but I am disappointed with the lack of continuity across the line. They had a 2.0 roll out schedule that wasn't met and not ships are not even getting the full 2.0 upgrades. I think they are on the right track with the Breeze and Vista but they do need to up their game. Pricing on other lines is not much more and often less but other lines include drink packages, dining packages, ext. It would be nice to see a little more creativity and innovation.

Is it true the Oasis is coming to Pt. Canaveral I so hope so do you know when I like to book her up next fall.

I had not heard of it, so did some googling. Yes she's coming sometime in 2016. They'll be at terminal 1, our new one just opened for the big ships. A new ship called Harmony will replace Oasis in FLL.

I'm excited that Magic may be coming to PC. We sailed the Dream from PC and one of our favorite ships and cruise. I don't have a great interest in sailing the Oasis anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

For all those that really don't understand. RCCL has several classes of ships, and each class offers a completely different experience. Each class looks and feels completely different.

With Carnival, they keep reinventing the same class, using the same floor plans and doing the same things.

To sail on RCCL, you are going to the destination when on the ship. When sailing on Carnival, the ship is not the destination. Carnival gets old really fast.

Exactly! Join the rest of us in paying for airfare or driving 10+ hours. 3-4 hours would be fantastic!

Exactly! Join the rest of us in paying for airfare or driving 10+ hours. 3-4 hours would be fantastic!

For us that drive would be almost 20 hours, so really the Oasis moving from FLL to Orlando isn't that big of a deal for me. As far as Royal goes, I'm more excited to learn that Anthem is staying in Bayonne for 5 and 9 night cruises to Bermuda. Carnival will do just fine in Port Canaveral. Even with the mighty Oasis.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

It IS fabulous to be close to a port. The only drawback for me is that it's hard to justify a flight when I can jump on one in my own backyard, so I go on the same ships, to the same ports, over and over. But I also sail about 5 times a year and take advantage of killer deals, mostly on the shorter ones.. I can't complain. I'm really, really happy to be getting 3 New ships in Galveston and keeping Triumph right next door in New Orleans in case I wanna visit the old girl.

I agree. Allure was extremely fast getting on and of the ship, food was good. What I didn't like was shows had to be booked before you sail and the Comedy club was impossible to get into unless you had a tickets 6 months in advance. The also kept shutting down one area to force you to another such as the night clubs. Beautiful ship just not for me. Felt like they were cattle ranchers herding you around from one venue to another. Lol happy cruising.

Edited by xeroxme

For all those that really don't understand. RCCL has several classes of ships, and each class offers a completely different experience. Each class looks and feels completely different.

With Carnival, they keep reinventing the same class, using the same floor plans and doing the same things.

To sail on RCCL, you are going to the destination when on the ship. When sailing on Carnival, the ship is not the destination. Carnival gets old really fast.

I like different ships, but I actually like having the same floor plan on ships. Makes it easier to get around and you don't have to re-learn each time you sail. Of course, I have only been on two ships and will be on the Conquest again this year. However, I personally would rather have a similar floor plan than something totally different each time.