Currently onboard Vision of the Seas

We are sailing (the same time as Ted WOMBAT) out of Tampa on Dec 26th. We sailed on one of the sister ships years ago and loved the ship. One of the hubby's favorite places was the solarium. Have you seen many kids in the solarium? We loved going there to relax (the hubby likes to read) :D

I'm looking forward to hearing your review.

Ted if you are on the same cruise I've started a thread on the roll call.

Leon was our attendant a couple weeks ago on the Vision (GS-8508). Outstanding gentleman. He has 27 years with Royal Caribbean and we feel is a huge asset to the company.

Dan.

Leon was our stateroom attendant in January - just before he moved up to the suites. He was such a friendly nice guy. He seemed to always know when we needed help or had a question and was right there with his friendly smile. Loved hearing about his family and preparations for his son's upcoming wedding!

Leon was awesome!

Two questions:

Is the captain changing the clocks to meet island time?

Could you please check if Alper is still the maître d' and if he will still be sailing on 21 March?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the 21-FEB sailing, the ships clocks did not change. We stayed on EST (ship) time the entire sailing. Could have had something to do with the Mexico stops recently changing to EST though.

Dan.

I'm on this cruise as well so will add bits and pieces but will leave the pics to AtSea 4ever. Embarkation was by far the quickest and easiest ever. The ship doesn't seem small but we'll see if that's still true on day 6.

Even though daylight savings time officially started early this morning, we didn't set the clocks up so technically we're on central time. I'm guessing that we will "spring forward" the night of our return.

How much is the unlimited internet package? Please and thank you!

Noticed that the OP hasn't had a chance to respond, so I'll chime in with last week's (Feb 28) prices.

Unlimited Plan for the week: $ 189.95 but only one device may be logged in at any given time.

There was a "Cruise Special Plan" that was also unlimited but allowed two devices to be logged in at a time. The price was $ 225.95..

Other prices: Daily Plan $ 55.95 giving 24 hours of continuous access from time of purchase. Also an Hourly Plan ($ 29.95) with 60 minutes of access than can be used throughout the cruise. In each case, only one device may be logged in at a time.

I believe that C&A members had coupons for discounts. For Diamond members, it was $ 29.95 off any package purchase.

Just show everything! We cruise for the first time ever on march 21. I will be anxious checking for your posts! Have a great trip.

Congrats on your first trip. We will be on the same cruise as you. I assume from your name that you have kids. What ages? We have 3.5 yo twins and although we have cruised a few times, we are excited that this will be the twins first cruise.

Noticed that the OP hasn't had a chance to respond, so I'll chime in with last week's (Feb 28) prices.

Unlimited Plan for the week: $ 189.95 but only one device may be logged in at any given time.

There was a "Cruise Special Plan" that was also unlimited but allowed two devices to be logged in at a time. The price was $ 225.95..

Other prices: Daily Plan $ 55.95 giving 24 hours of continuous access from time of purchase. Also an Hourly Plan ($ 29.95) with 60 minutes of access than can be used throughout the cruise. In each case, only one device may be logged in at a time.

I believe that C&A members had coupons for discounts. For Diamond members, it was $ 29.95 off any package purchase.

Thanks for the information. Does the ship have the new fast satellite internet or is is the same old slow system? On the Oasis on the 21st the internet was like being at home on broadband.

Thanks for the information. Does the ship have the new fast satellite internet or is is the same old slow system? On the Oasis on the 21st the internet was like being at home on broadband.

We were on Vision a couple of weeks ago and I have to say the internet was fairly fast. Certainly not as fast as home but, it was acceptable. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Droop']We are sailing (the same time as Ted WOMBAT) out of Tampa on Dec 26th. We sailed on one of the sister ships years ago and loved the ship. One of the hubby's favorite places was the solarium. Have you seen many kids in the solarium? We loved going there to relax (the hubby likes to read) :D

I'm looking forward to hearing your review.

Ted if you are on the same cruise I've started a thread on the roll call.[/QUOTE]

We'll just miss each other... we're on the 12/19 sailing.

Re:We'll just miss each other... we're on the 12/19 sailing. :pToo bad....you can make sure the ice bucket is full for the hubbys Dr. Pepper. ;) I'm so looking forward to this cruise.

The best part of cruising is the planning and looking at all of the reviews. Thanks for all of the reviews/tips

[quote name='birthdaysurprise']I too would like to see the cruise compass and info on the entertainment. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have heard they had a special entertainment that no other ship has, rocking with the officers? The Captain and CD and other officers sing? Did you go see this?

Can't wait to see all your pics and review. Be on Vision April 2016. Trying to learn as much as possible. Be our first Royal Caribbean cruise. Just curious to as the drinks available (soda, juice, milk) for our son (he'll be 3)!! Thanks in advance!!