Currently onboard Vision of the Seas

[quote name='2catfamily']I have heard they had a special entertainment that no other ship has, rocking with the officers? The Captain and CD and other officers sing? Did you go see this?[/QUOTE]

I sailed on Feb. 21st on the Vision. Yes they do have a great show put on by the officers in the centrum. Their is some talent there and the Captain was quite entertaining. You should not miss it. The captain is very approachable and eats breakfast in the Windjammer most mornings he is not busy on the bridge.

[quote name='splash_in_the_water']usual questions: did you happen to see the drink prices and was there shrimp cocktail?

Also, glad you had fun![/QUOTE]

We were also on this cruise. Very nice ship. Amazing crew!

We did have shrimp cocktail every night except the first night.

[quote name='luv2cruiserccl']Escargot every other night

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Was the escargot in butter and garlic or the au gratin way? Hope for butter and garlic ;)

[quote name='sha88']Was the escargot in butter and garlic or the au gratin way? Hope for butter and garlic ;)[/QUOTE]

The escargot was in butter and garlic, every other night. On the opposite nights they had Scallops Au Gratin. It was the same as escargot only with scallops.

[quote name='Droop'] We sailed on one of the sister ships years ago and loved the ship. One of the hubby's favorite places was the solarium. Have you seen many kids in the solarium? We loved going there to relax (the hubby likes to read) :D

[/QUOTE]

If you sailed on this class ship before dry docking when the ship was stretched and specialty restaurants and more cabins added, you will find that it is not the same ship you remembered.

Adding the additional cabins and specialty restaurants has greatly reduced the public areas. For example, the Schooner Lounge and Crown Lounge are about 1/4 - 1/3 the size they use to be. I commented to my husband that the lounges should have been renamed to the Dinghy Bar and Barrette Clip.

There are no quiet hidden nooks to sit in.

The Windjammer is extremely crowded (more passengers and no increase in WJ size). This very noticeable at breakfast on port days and at disembarkation.

The Park Cafe has been added in the rear of the Solarium. The Cafe area is separated from the Solarium by planter boxes. Children are allowed in the Park Cafe area which means at times children will be running through and acting like children at the tables. ;)

Overall, the ship does is more crowed then before drydock.

[quote name='At Sea 4Ever']Today we will be departing on the Vision of the Seas! I plan on doing a picture heavy review once we get back. Does anyone have any questions or anything that they would like me to check out while onboard? Any particular pictures that they would like taken? I will be reading the requests till sail away today so let me know![/QUOTE]

Who was the Activity Manager onboard?

[quote name='luv2cruiserccl']Escargot every other night

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Escargot was available on the menu every night on our cruise in the beginning of February. It was made with "butter" and garlic.

Because my husband and I love escargot, one or both of us had the escargot every night.

The first 4 nights of the cruise, we both commented to each other that the snails were the smallest we have ever seen. Because the serving dish was completely covered with melted "butter," we could not see the 6 cups in the dish for the snails. Blind probing with forks eventually found the tiny morsel at the bottom of each cup (The pieces were so small that one night are sever asked if there was a reason we didn't eat the snails as the dishes looked untouched. When we assured her the snails were indeed gone but the level of liquid had not dropped because the pieces were so small, she looked embarrassed that she had asked us).

Starting on night 5, the gallery must have realized that they had more snail left than usual at that point in the cruise. Starting that night, we were served a whole snail in each cup and we realized that the previous nights, the snails had been cut into pieces and there were probably 2 snails cut out to fill the 6 cups on the dish. We could actually see the snails poking up above the liquid flooding the entire plate.

[quote name='Homosassa']If you sailed on this class ship before dry docking when the ship was stretched and specialty restaurants and more cabins added, you will find that it is not the same ship you remembered.

Adding the additional cabins and specialty restaurants has greatly reduced the public areas. For example, the Schooner Lounge and Crown Lounge are about 1/4 - 1/3 the size they use to be. I commented to my husband that the lounges should have been renamed to the Dinghy Bar and Barrette Clip.

There are no quiet hidden nooks to sit in.

The Windjammer is extremely crowded (more passengers and no increase in WJ size). This very noticeable at breakfast on port days and at disembarkation.

The Park Cafe has been added in the rear of the Solarium. The Cafe area is separated from the Solarium by planter boxes. Children are allowed in the Park Cafe area which means at times children will be running through and acting like children at the tables. ;)

Overall, the ship does is more crowed then before drydock.[/QUOTE]

Vision was never "stretched". Enchantment was the only ship in the Vision class that was cut and had a section added. They have added some cabins and restaurants in sections that were previously other underused spaces. But, having been on GR both before and after the refurb, the only issue we found was how they took lounge areas in the solarium and put tables and chairs in for the Park Cafe. Edited by BND

My bad, I thought the ship had been stretched. In any case, it is definitely not the same quality experience as it was 10+ years ago (and I accept that RCI has changes it's market strategy and target demographic). I was just trying to inform a past RCI cruiser of changes in the ship board experience.

[quote name='cruise2snorkel']The escargot was in butter and garlic, every other night. On the opposite nights they had Scallops Au Gratin. It was the same as escargot only with scallops.[/QUOTE]

Ah, great news, thanks.

[quote name='At Sea 4Ever']Hello! Tonight I will be posting on this thread! Just got back to work today [emoji22]. Thanks for the participation on this thread![/QUOTE]

Can't wait, thanks!!!

Can anyone let me know who the Activity Manager was on Vision recently?

If someone is sailing on her currently or in the near future, can you find out please who it is.

The entertainment staff does a fabulous job organizing and delivering events to keep everyone entertained and the Activity Manager along with the Cruise Director are a significant reason.

[quote name='Paulette3028']Can anyone let me know who the Activity Manager was on Vision recently?

If someone is sailing on her currently or in the near future, can you find out please who it is.

The entertainment staff does a fabulous job organizing and delivering events to keep everyone entertained and the Activity Manager along with the Cruise Director are a significant reason.[/QUOTE]

We sailed the Vision 2/28/2015. Magic Marvin from Jamaica

[quote name='Homosassa']Escargot was available on the menu every night on our cruise in the beginning of February. It was made with "butter" and garlic.

Because my husband and I love escargot, one or both of us had the escargot every night.

The first 4 nights of the cruise, we both commented to each other that the snails were the smallest we have ever seen. Because the serving dish was completely covered with melted "butter," we could not see the 6 cups in the dish for the snails. Blind probing with forks eventually found the tiny morsel at the bottom of each cup (The pieces were so small that one night are sever asked if there was a reason we didn't eat the snails as the dishes looked untouched. When we assured her the snails were indeed gone but the level of liquid had not dropped because the pieces were so small, she looked embarrassed that she had asked us).

Starting on night 5, the gallery must have realized that they had more snail left than usual at that point in the cruise. Starting that night, we were served a whole snail in each cup and we realized that the previous nights, the snails had been cut into pieces and there were probably 2 snails cut out to fill the 6 cups on the dish. We could actually see the snails poking up above the liquid flooding the entire plate.[/QUOTE]
Sorry but march 7th sailing escargot was like i said every other night and the night they didn't have they had the bay scallops i did ask when not available and said not available till next night.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just off the Vision yesterday. The whole trip was seamless. Note: second formal night is the evening of Costa Maya!!! 8 of our table mates made specialty dining reservations that night and missed it. Never fear the 4 of us who made it made sure that no lobster went to waste. :)
But the whole dining room was really empty that night.

Had a number of spring break college students on board who spent the first few days drinking massive quantities of alcohol and hogging deck chairs. But after that they either disappeared or sobered up because there was no real issues after that. They had few activities for that crowd... Friday they had a dance party on deck and sprayed them with hoses. My daughter is 24 so she loved that.
Thursday night was a 70s dance in the centrum which was very fun.
By 9am on Saturday they had all the luggage off the ship and we were all able to get off early. Very smooth.
Loved the whole trip!

[quote name='cebee123']Just off the Vision yesterday. The whole trip was seamless.
By 9am on Saturday they had all the luggage off the ship and we were all able to get off early. Very smooth.
Loved the whole trip![/QUOTE]

Same with us. Easiest on and off any RCL ship EVER. We had a serious chair hog problem even without the spring breakers......we had the Royal "Entitled Elitists"........;)

Captain Lis should have signed on yesterday. Maybe someone onboard now can confirm that. We are looking forward to sailing with her in under 2 weeks.

We have sailed on the Vision after her last refurbishment, and although she is one of the smaller ships in the fleet, we love her and her crew.

I know that some of you will be aboard just to warm her up and prepare for her upcoming crossing.

Rick

[quote name='rubrrick']Captain Lis should have signed on yesterday. Maybe someone onboard now can confirm that. We are looking forward to sailing with her in under 2 weeks.

We have sailed on the Vision after her last refurbishment, and although she is one of the smaller ships in the fleet, we love her and her crew.

I know that some of you will be aboard just to warm her up and prepare for her upcoming crossing.

Rick[/QUOTE]

Do you know how long Liz will stay? I've read how super amazing she is. We sail May 16th. (Fingers crossed she is still there!)
Thanks