Princess Loyalty OBC

funny1

I tried searching for an explanation of cruise credits and can't seem to find it. Help?

DH and I have the following cruises:

Sun Princess 2006 10 days

Pacific Princess 2007 37 days b2b

Grand Princess 2009 33 days b2b

Pacific Princess 2013 30 days b2b

Pacific Princess 11/21/16-1/3/17 b2b 29 days + 14 days

I know it is only 7 completed cruises for each of us, but is 110 days each. Then we have the upcoming cruises. After the first leg we will have 139 each, 153 days each after the entire cruise. Can someone tell me if or when we would qualify?

Thank you, Mary Jane

Edited by cruisenfreak

I know it is only 7 completed cruises for each of us, but is 110 days each. Then we have the upcoming cruises. After the first leg we will have 139 each, 153 days each after the entire cruise. Can someone tell me if or when we would qualify?
There's a big difference between the Captain's Circle program and the lesser-known Loyalty program. The Captain's Circle benefits include the different levels of perks up to Elite. The Loyalty program is based on cruise credits. It sounds like you each have seven cruise credits, one for each completed cruise based on double occupancy. You need fourteen more cruise credits to receive the Loyalty bonus OBC.
Wow, a very small reward for a lot of loyalty and thousands spent on cruises with one cruiseline.
The Loyalty OBC is in addition to the free Internet, free unlimited laundry, free mini-bar set-up, afternoon tea in your cabin, etc. Personally, I think Princess's loyalty programs are better than other lines. Edited by Pam in CA

Slight correction. It is $25 per cabin if the same last name but if two individuals with different last names and both entitled to credit then both receive the credits. It can also be the same mailing address.

I didn't change my name when we got married. Does that mean we will get double the OBC?

Does anyone have a link to this program on the Princess website that I can print and take on an upcoming cruise?

The link on page 2 of this thread is not working. And I've searched all over the Princess website and found nothing.

Absolutely not true. Your TA doesn't know what they're talking about. It'll be applied automatically to your folio and you'll receive a card in your cabin thanking you for your loyalty. You won't see it anywhere on your booking or credits before boarding the ship.

FYI, it's not based on the number of cruises but the number of cruise credits. For many, that's the same thing but if you book a full suite or cruise as a single, you get two credits per cruise.

Do you know the number of credits needed? Also is a Window Suite considered a full suite?

Does anyone have a link to this program on the Princess website that I can print and take on an upcoming cruise?

The link on page 2 of this thread is not working. And I've searched all over the Princess website and found nothing.

It seems to be gone but I do remember it being in the newsletter years ago.

I didn't change my name when we got married. Does that mean we will get double the OBC?

Only if you're in separate cabins. ;)

"I think the pamphlet was written trying to remove the confusion caused by having to have completed the cruise before receiving that credit level. It amounts to the same thing."

This past June I was on my 31st cruise. I already had 30 cruise credits from completed cruises. I noticed that my loyalty OBC was posted in my account as $25, so I inquired at the Captain's Circle desk. The representative informed me that you must have completed 31 cruise credits to qualify for the next level of $50 OBC. He then showed me the pamphlet. The pamphlet showed the cruise credits mentioned in my post #22. A better way to state it is:

$25 after completing 20 cruise credits

$50 after completing 31 cruise credits

$75 after completing 41 cruise credits

$100 after completing 51+ cruise credits

The number of completed cruise credits in the first $25 tier is eleven. All others have 10 cruise credits between the next level. Next time I'm on board I should bring home a copy of the pamphlet.

Adding the word "completed" sure straightens out the meaning.

It seems to be gone but I do remember it being in the newsletter years ago.

Only if you're in separate cabins. ;)

No you receive double if your both in the same cabin with different surnames unless its been changed in the last couple of years

No you receive double if your both in the same cabin with different surnames unless its been changed in the last couple of years

Now that you mention it I do recall someone posting it.

It could be 2 friends travelling together & it wouldn't be fair.

I suppose the same logic could apply to stockholders cabin credit also, providing each person owns 100 shares in separate accounts.

Edited by floridalover5623

You get (suppose to) $25 each cruise after

20 cruises. Like if take a b2b get it each cruise.

... Have a card in your room telling you that

you have it.

I've gotten it each time.

Not always.

Just completed a 14 day cruise last spring that was, in reality a B2B cruise, but booked and priced as a single 14 day cruise.

- only one (1) Loyalty OBC was given

- the cruise counted as two (2) cruise credits

- we received a complete mini-bar setup and new set of internet minutes for each 7 day leg of the cruise.

Now that you mention it I do recall someone posting it.

It could be 2 friends travelling together & it wouldn't be fair.

I suppose the same logic could apply to stockholders cabin credit also, providing each person owns 100 shares in separate accounts.

CCL Shareholder benefit is specified as one per cabin.

Not always.

Just completed a 14 day cruise last spring that was, in reality a B2B cruise, but booked and priced as a single 14 day cruise.

- only one (1) Loyalty OBC was given

- the cruise counted as two (2) cruise credits

- we received a complete mini-bar setup and new set of internet minutes for each 7 day leg of the cruise.

This award is one for each booking.

I tried searching for an explanation of cruise credits and can't seem to find it. Help?

Each cruise segment you take is one cruise credit

Get an additional cruise credit if you are the only one in the cabin (traveling solo).

Get an additional cruise credit if you are in a full suite (not min-suite).

So if you have been on 7 Princess cruises with a traveling companion in your not-a-full-suite cabin, you will have 7 cruise credits.

After 23 cruises on Princess, I was unaware of this Loyalty program. On our last Princess cruise in April, I noticed the $25 credit on our bill but never asked anyone why we had it....

Our problem was that we were supposed to get the spring promotion of $300 OBC (mini-suite) and $50 from the TA.....didn't get it on our account. Front desk said we were not entitled to it, to our surprise. Talked to TA while we were on ship & on a port stop & after we got home -- many emails back& forth & phone calls, and even had to contact the owner several times....finally after over 3 months trying to get what was promised to us, we received a check from the agency owner for the $350 OBC!! The explanation was that the woman we booked through had "coded" it wrong on the initial booking!!!

After 23 cruises on Princess, I was unaware of this Loyalty program. On our last Princess cruise in April, I noticed the $25 credit on our bill but never asked anyone why we had it....

Our problem was that we were supposed to get the spring promotion of $300 OBC (mini-suite) and $50 from the TA.....didn't get it on our account. Front desk said we were not entitled to it, to our surprise. Talked to TA while we were on ship & on a port stop & after we got home -- many emails back& forth & phone calls, and even had to contact the owner several times....finally after over 3 months trying to get what was promised to us, we received a check from the agency owner for the $350 OBC!! The explanation was that the woman we booked through had "coded" it wrong on the initial booking!!!

Wow Good for you!!! Do you still use the same TA??

Tony

• 1 month later...

We have completed 41 cruises (40 was on the lower right hand corner of our last cruise card) and have booked b2b in December which will be 42 and 43.

Princess agent said that the 75.00 will be credited to the SECOND cruise but only 50.00 for the first cruise since it is a FUTURE cruises.

I understood from the postings here that the 75.00 starts with #42. Our card will show 41 completed cruises/credits.

Who is right??

We have completed 41 cruises (40 was on the lower right hand corner of our last cruise card) and have booked b2b in December which will be 42 and 43.

Princess agent said that the 75.00 will be credited to the SECOND cruise but only 50.00 for the first cruise since it is a FUTURE cruises.

I understood from the postings here that the 75.00 starts with #42. Our card will show 41 completed cruises/credits.

Who is right??

Might be a good idea to see the Captain's Circle rep once you board the ship to get it straightened out.....good luck and enjoy your cruises:)