NEW Suite Upgrades....

Agree with this. If you've been on one Behind the Scenes Tour with RCI you'll been on them all. D+ are regular sailers, so how many of these can one do? The personalized gift; you mean the one we chose from the drop down. You want priority seating (these are usually in the bleechers) and/or wait until 10 minutes before the shows and they allow anyone to sit there.

Which brings us to the CL. We absolutely love it, love having the Concierge help us or answer questions. The Diamond lounges are way to crowded, more often than not moved and held in some huge venue. Service cannot be compared to that in a CL. We've always been able to chat with other cruises in this smaller lounge, it is just easier to start conversations. This is often lost on the bigger more crowded DL. I can say I've felt very connected to many a CL concierge, but never a Diamond concierge. They have been wonderful Diamond concierges, I'm not saying that, they are all just too busy and overwhelmed to be as attentive as we have become accustomed to in the CL

i am very sad that D+ members have been demoted.

Did I miss something, when did D+ get demoted? I don't feel demoted. :what:

Did I miss something, when did D+ get demoted? I don't feel demoted. :what:

I bleive it is more like some have 'demoted themselves in their own mind'. But I should add that is just my feeling.....I am sure 'they' might disagree.

Edited by Paulette3028

Back on topic! As someone who only sails once (maybe twice) a year but enjoys suites for the space they offer, here's my list of what I'd like to see as benefits:

- Unlimited internet (hi speed)

- Unlimited laundry

- Unlimited beverage packages

- Unlimited special dining

- Car service to and from the port (if you are flying in to the port, it should be from the airport to the cruise port).

I think NCL already offers the dining and beverage deals - When I was looking at Med cruises this Aug, I saw NCL was offering those for suites pax. And I think Celebrity may have started the car service offers, I recall reading something about car service to/from Bayonne? And the internet and laundry are great to have.

Bottom line, I think if RCL introduced these perks, their suites would be in huge demand. Although in fairness, for our Aug Med cruise, there were only 2 GS left when I went to book. But that's on the Rhapsody which doesn't have a lot of GS - it may be different on the big girls.

My experience has been that all but one or two suites sell out on our sailings well before final payment. That may be a function of the itineraries we sail. I do wonder if RCI finds that they don't get a lot of repeat business from those who sail for the first time in a full suite and that's why they're teasing us with this protracted announcement of new benefits.

I don't know why it's taking them so long, either - many people plan their cruises a year or more in advance, and every day that they delay is another suite guest gone.

Should suite guests subsidize the benefits for high status C&A members who only stay in inside cabins? This is the question that I am sure Royal is asking itself. Royal exists to make money. It makes sense that suite benefits will be enhanced, as a way to encourage people to book those room types. And C&A benefits will erode/stagnate because providing these benefits is a loss for Royal. I know that the argument will be that C&A members with high status are Royal's repeat business. And I don't disagree. But I am sure the execs are somewhere scratching their heads on how to gently change the benefits for C&A because they see these benefits as a loss of revenue. Why? Because C&A high status members don't need to book suites because they get the same benefits; they don't need to purchase a drink package because they get that in the lounge; they don't book shore excursions because they've probably been to many of the ports several times. As the number of high status C&A members continues to grow, the benefits will diminish or stay the same because it won't be cost effective for Royal to enhance the benefits without some kind of return. Perhaps the change to the C&A program will be that it will be MUCH harder to attain any level of status. Let's hope it's that painless.

Over half of the Pinnacles sail in full suites (this according to Richard Fain), and many other sail in JS, so I think your initial assumption is incorrect. I don't imagine many people (I do know of two) downgrade their accommodations once they reach a level where they don't have to pay for an expensive cabin to get the perks - I know that I would not trade a JS for an inside just to get the swill that passes for wine in the CL.

This topic began as a pass along of information that was exchanged during a three way conference call, between cruiser, PhDUnderTheSea, their T/A and a representative of Royal.

I decided to reread the opening post, since this thread has taken many directions. From rereading it, what I see as change for the suite life, probably would not incentivize me (just speaking of me) to spend the kind of money it takes to book a suite.

For example:

(1) Upgrading the robes/towels/bedding -- the bedding has always been fine; softer fluffier towels which potentially would be more absorbent, nice; softer, robes, nice.

(2)Concierge will have their own dedicated staff to provide more efficient response to suite guests, yet they won't be butlers per se -- I have never really understood exactly 'what a concierge was expected to do' -- silly me, I guess, since I have never been in a suite, I must not know what I need a more 'efficient response to'.

(3)There is a possibility of some new, more expensive excursions being added and suites will have priority to book those -- perhaps if they are too expensive, other cruisers won't want to book them and then only suite guests will have access to them anyway.

I can imagine some reading this are laughing or saying what a foolish person I am....but I believe suite guests should have a more high end experience and nothing on the above list would qualify as that to me.

The Suites do have much more space, and from the pictures I have seen and cabin crawls that I have been on they are very nice with luxurious bathrooms and much more spacious balconies. If you want a butler, fine -- some of my friends have cruised on some of the smaller high end cruise lines that have them and in addition they pay nothing extra for any and all excursions they go on.

I would never deny a suite guest additional perks, considering what they pay for the suite on a sailing.

I don't believe suite guests in any way subsidize other cruisers on the ship, either.

I believe pay for what you want, and get what you pay for....either on Royal or somewhere else.

We've sailed on RCI seven times, and other lines a handful more, running the gamut from inside to owners suite. Lately we've been booking suites because we can afford it (for now) and we like the extra space. I've been interested in this thread because of the value and importance some posters have put on the perceived exclusivity which goes along with the suite perks.

I believe that you should expect to get what you pay for. That said, I don't consider myself a fancy person, and if my cruising focus were exclusivity I suppose I would save up and sail on a luxury line. Don't get me wrong: I enjoy the CL and other amenities, but for me, it does not make or break the experience. When I am on vacation I try my hardest to have fun. I like RCL because of all that the line offers; part of that is the opportunity to socialize with a wide variety of people. In my limited experience sailing with other companies, I've found nice people and jerks on all of them, and income/perceived social status has very little to do with it.

So, yes, I'm interested to see what the new suite perks have to offer; but if the cost exceeds the value, I'm happy to travel in a smaller cabin.

The longer they delay the announcement, the more suites get booked. This means one of two things. Either they delay implementation of the new program or they absorb the costs associated with the enhancement. We have booked a GS in late 2016 and an RS in early 2017. If they add additional benefits before that. They will receive no additional revenue.

This Thread was started back in April, is 7 pages long and still going strong..

We sail in less tan 60 days and as of yet, in spite of the posts title, I still don't know what, if any, suite upgrades there are.

Does anybody really know???

Nope. Was hoping it would be here by this year, but the official "roll out" was postponed until 2016. No speculation from me, but there are great examples of suite benefits that are already in place on other cruise lines. ;)

Edited by sauvichick

We sail in less tan 60 days and as of yet, in spite of the posts title, I still don't know what, if any, suite upgrades there are.

No one knows, other than perhaps some RC executives.

Nope. Was hoping it would be here by this year, but the official "roll out" was postponed until 2016. No speculation from me, but there are great examples of suite benefits that are already in place on other cruise lines. ;)

If roll out is in 2016, there is no idea of when in 2016. Will the announcement be the "roll out" :confused: or will the roll out be the actual start of the program. No one knows. The announcement could be late in 2016 and benefits could start in 2017. All speculation, like this entire thread. Sauvichuck, I am am not saying you speculated by any means. This thread has become more of a wish list for suite cruisers.

The only thing that isn't speculation is what other lines offer to their suite cruisers. There are RC cruisers that are starting to branch out, either due to the feeling of over pricing, bogus sales, or deminishing quality of product. All things that I have read on the boards of CC.

RC's delays won't effect me if more suite enhancements coming or not. We book by itinerary, then ship and cabin, then pricing. It hasn't happened yet, but there is a good chance that RC will lose our business when we cruise to Alaska.

The only thing that isn't speculation is what other lines offer to their suite cruisers. There are RC cruisers that are starting to branch out, either due to the feeling of over pricing, bogus sales, or deminishing quality of product. All things that I have read on the boards of CC....

Your statement is absolutely correct.....from my perspective, if they are really going to do something to enhance their suite customers experience delaying makes little sense, unless not many suites go 'unbooked' on each sailing.

If the suites were not booked, and they realized that they were actually losing cruisers to their competition, the line might have its own incentive to enhance the benefits of sailing in a suite.

Our first suite is on the last sailing we will take on Her Majesty and it is a JS, and those suites do not get the 'extra perks' of the larger suites. Since we don't generally sail in a suite, it really won't affect me at all.

Edited by Paulette3028

We just got amazing price for crown loft suite on Harmony in November 2016! Loving the 30 for 30 sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhilNDebbie, we are on you sailing. We are in a L2. Will you be a neighbour or just a floor mate? Our price dropped about $2,300 as we booked previous to the sale.

Edited by A&L_Ont

And there is another thread with 5 times as many posts, and guess what? No answers there either. Nothing wrong with speculation and complaining though.

Whatever the outcome, I'm sure you will see it here though

Hopefully, they'll get it up and running soon. I think it's hard to see it in the works but not to be able to take advantage of the perks. We sail in Feb - hope it's up and running. Our one and only NCL cruise totally spoiled us with suite perks. :)

PhilNDebbie, we are on you sailing. We are in a L2. Will you be a neighbour or just a floor mate? Our price dropped about $2,300 as we booked previous to the sale.

Hi Andrew! We are in L1 on the side. Our friends are on the other side. Between the 3 of us, we should have all views covered! [emoji1] That was an amazing price drop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one knows, other than perhaps some RC executives.

If roll out is in 2016, there is no idea of when in 2016. Will the announcement be the "roll out" :confused: or will the roll out be the actual start of the program. No one knows. The announcement could be late in 2016 and benefits could start in 2017. All speculation, like this entire thread. Sauvichuck, I am am not saying you speculated by any means. This thread has become more of a wish list for suite cruisers. .

A&L_Ont,

No worries. I didn't get that impression at all. ;).

Your statement is absolutely correct.....from my perspective, if they are really going to do something to enhance their suite customers experience delaying makes little sense, unless not many suites go 'unbooked' on each sailing.

If the suites were not booked, and they realized that they were actually losing cruisers to their competition, the line might have its own incentive to enhance the benefits of sailing in a suite.

Our first suite is on the last sailing we will take on Her Majesty and it is a JS, and those suites do not get the 'extra perks' of the larger suites. Since we don't generally sail in a suite, it really won't affect me at all.

Enjoy your JS, you should love it.

As for suites being open/available, I think it might happen less now as RC reduced the deposit on them. That isn't a perk, but a great marketing scheme IMO. It is a nice way to have them "sold out" well in advance of a sail date. It might even be to guests that don't plan to use them, cancelling prior to final payment, unless they get a huge price drop. Is this a new marketing way for RC to inflate suite prices, as the deposit is lower than it ever was?

Every sale is a tactic and I feel the deposit reduction is another way of getting cruisers to book further in advance of their embarkation. I'd prefer if the deposit was the orginal or higher amount. It might leave suites available longer. If you are staying in a suite, or any cabin for that matter, you still have to pay the full balance on the due date. The one thing I do know is that booking well in advance of the sail date seems to be the best policy for getting a good price. It also helps in getting the cabin you want. :) In directly it is working on me as I know there are specific cabins that I like of specfic ships.

If the suites are always full, why would they need to make the perks better? Darn, I have fallen for their scheme and am helping to keep the status quo.:eek:

A&L_Ont,

No worries. I didn't get that impression at all. ;).

Perfect. Sometimes things get "lost" in text.

Everytime I sailed RC it has been in a Owner's Suite. They definitely added perks over the years.

I have had butler's on other lines in suites. I wish RC would add those.

They should also have different lines coming back on the ship after ports.

There are allot of D+ that take cheap cruised out of Florida don't deserve the same perks as somebody paying for a suite.

Enjoy your JS, you should love it.

As for suites being open/available, I think it might happen less now as RC reduced the deposit on them. That isn't a perk, but a great marketing scheme IMO. It is a nice way to have them "sold out" well in advance of a sail date. It might even be to guests that don't plan to use them, cancelling prior to final payment, unless they get a huge price drop. Is this a new marketing way for RC to inflate suite prices, as the deposit is lower than it ever was?

Every sale is a tactic and I feel the deposit reduction is another way of getting cruisers to book further in advance of their embarkation. I'd prefer if the deposit was the orginal or higher amount. It might leave suites available longer. If you are staying in a suite, or any cabin for that matter, you still have to pay the full balance on the due date. The one thing I do know is that booking well in advance of the sail date seems to be the best policy for getting a good price. It also helps in getting the cabin you want. :) In directly it is working on me as I know there are specific cabins that I like of specfic ships.

If the suites are always full, why would they need to make the perks better? Darn, I have fallen for their scheme and am helping to keep the status quo.:eek:

Perfect. Sometimes things get "lost" in text.

Marketing tactics are just that....tactics to get action taken to turn lookers into bookers. Reduced deposit always works. Fair pricing does as well....we just booked a cruise on Harmony for Feb 2017, because the price was outstanding for a balcony looking out onto the Aqua Theater, and even though it was full deposit amount the price for a one week cruise for us was outstanding.

I doubt if the JS we booked on Her Majesty, will make us cruise in suites more -- I would simply rather cruise more than spend more on any one cruise. We do enjoy our balconies, that I can say for sure.

I also believe that suite guests should get and deserve wonderful perks with their accommodations. Just like I also believe that those that have accumulated lots of points at D+ or Pinnacle Level, should enjoy nice perks as well....they have invested quite a bit into getting their. Loyalty programs change over time in all company programs....as my DH and I are Diamonds, we love the balcony discounts and whatever else comes with our level.

We simply love cruising and enjoy doing it on Royal....at least so far.

Edited by Paulette3028

I thought we were over hating on FL folks

I hope you are commenting on the following post:

There are allot of D+ that take cheap cruised out of Florida don't deserve the same perks as somebody paying for a suite.

To Magic Man: there are plenty of cruisers that live in Florida and neither take cheap cruises nor deserve anything LESS than anyone else cruising whether in a suite or not.