non-alcoholic drink package

ping1

On Royal Car. & Celebrity, they offer a non-alcoholic drink package (specialty coffee, bottled water, soda, mock tails) running about $16-$20.

Does Princess offer anything like this? I only see the Soda and the alcohol packages. (Soda package doesn't include bottled water or coffee)

Thanks for any help.

On Royal Car. & Celebrity, they offer a non-alcoholic drink package (specialty coffee, bottled water, soda, mock tails) running about $16-$20.

Does Princess offer anything like this? I only see the Soda and the alcohol packages. (Soda package doesn't include bottled water or coffee)

Thanks for any help.

There is a specialty coffee card: http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

For bottled water you need to purchase the full acholol package. Seems dumb to me and I said so in my survey response last week. I am used to drinking a lot of water and not having it easily available caused me to inadvertently drop my water consumption. After just 2 or 3 days my blood pressure shot though the roof (good thing we brought our BP meter). It took me awhile to figure out the problem. When I did I bought the biggest bottle of water they sell and drank nearly all of it immediately. My BP returned to normal soon thereafter. Lesson learned, do not let a change in circumstances make you forget to drink up. In fairness to Princess their charge for bottled water is reasonable, just don't forget it. As mentioned by others, we did buy two coffee cards and two soda packages.

For a seven night sailing:

Princess Soda and More package plus one Coffee Card: $89.70 including 15% gratuity;

RCI Royal Replenish package: $156.94 including their 18% gratuity.

A $66 difference for unlimited bottled water? The tap works fine for me.

Edited by fishywood

$8.05 a day Emerald Princess. Soft Drinks, Mock Cocktails, and Malts. We came out way ahead. 3 mock pinacolotas each per day.

We carried on bottled water and bottled diet cokes in plastic bottles and two bottles of wine. Only thing not allowed in liquor and limit on wine.

Edited by Beermam42

I too find it very annoying that the only way to get unlimited bottled water is to get the entire drink package.

On day of embarcation: dh and I go to the nearest place to get two cases of bottled water. I pack in our luggage a soft foldable rolling duffle. The water bottles go in there- put a Princess luggage tag on the duffle and then it is delivered to our cabin with the rest of the luggage. Yes it is annoying--I would gladly pay for an unlimited water package if Princess would have this. Celebrity has the water included with their soda packages. I don't want to keep paying for bottled water individually on Princess-- as their prices although not bad, is still to me a rip-off for that.

I too find it very annoying that the only way to get unlimited bottled water is to get the entire drink package.

I fail to see what is wrong with the water from the tap?

For bottled water you need to purchase the full acholol package. Seems dumb to me and I said so in my survey response last week. I am used to drinking a lot of water and not having it easily available caused me to inadvertently drop my water consumption. After just 2 or 3 days my blood pressure shot though the roof (good thing we brought our BP meter). It took me awhile to figure out the problem. When I did I bought the biggest bottle of water they sell and drank nearly all of it immediately. My BP returned to normal soon thereafter. Lesson learned, do not let a change in circumstances make you forget to drink up. In fairness to Princess their charge for bottled water is reasonable, just don't forget it. As mentioned by others, we did buy two coffee cards and two soda packages.

If I were suffering a medical condition from not consuming enough

water, and there was a supply of potable water mere feet from my

bed, I would seriously considering drinking from it.

I like the ukp as is. It is significantly less per day than celebrity's. I carry on the bottled water I like, celebrity's choices are limited. And club soda is covered on Ukp. No other soda for me, love to order virgin drinks and request very little simple syrup to be added.

Can also bring more water on at port.

Maybe Princess will start selling a case bottled water before the cruise. Carnival does.

Edited by SadieN

I like the ukp as is. It is significantly less per day than celebrity's. I carry on the bottled water I like, celebrity's choices are limited. And club soda is covered on Ukp. No other soda for me, love to order virgin drinks and request very little simple syrup to be added.

They make their drinks so sweet sometimes that unless you stick with one bartender that knows your taste there almost undrinkable.

Actually Celebrity has been offering a complimentary drink package when booking an ocean view or higher for the last two years. It includes water, specialty coffee, soft drinks cocktails, wine, and beer. Can't get less expensive than that.

There is nothing wrong with the Tap water on Princess but it is a lot more convenient to have a waiter deliver a fresh cold bottle of water than have to shlep to the buffet if you are sitting by the pool.

Husband and I drank the tap water from the ship with no issue at all.

We buy bottled water here in Arizona for many reasons (our tap water is terrible) and also have a filter off our kitchen tap.

We found the ship's water to be totally acceptable and my husband always gets the soda and more package because he likes milkshakes. :D

If I were suffering a medical condition from not consuming enough

water, and there was a supply of potable water mere feet from my

bed, I would seriously considering drinking from it.

I did not know that lack of water was the cause, just guessed. I bought a 1 1/2 liter of water and drank most of it quickly. It was only after my blood pressure returned to normal that I connected the two (dehydration & high BP). I drink around 80-100 oz's of water a day at home (not bottled water, just filtered tap). I sip water from double-walled drinking glasses all day and only use bottled water when I am out and about. I never drink sodas, only a cup of coffee while at home. From that day on, I just bought a large bottle of water in the morning and sipped on it all day.

The problem when traveling (not just cruising) is that I do not drink enough water, just when it is easily available. Therefore, dehydration is always a possibility. Funny, that after discovering my problem, one of the tour selling videos on TV mentioned that dehydration is a common problem on cruise ships (while on tours was their main point).

The bottom line is that everyone needs to be aware of becoming dehydrated if their water drinking habits change, which IMO is common while traveling. Just be sure that you get your fluids one way or another.

Actually Celebrity has been offering a complimentary drink package when booking an ocean view or higher for the last two years. It includes water, specialty coffee, soft drinks cocktails, wine, and beer. Can't get less expensive than that.

There is nothing wrong with the Tap water on Princess but it is a lot more convenient to have a waiter deliver a fresh cold bottle of water than have to shlep to the buffet if you are sitting by the pool.

They do offer the specials often. However sometimes it's a deal and sometimes not, often the outsides and above have a lot of the value of the package included in the base price. Also limited itenaries, no tas. I've indeed grabbed it when it's avalue and even purchased it when I was sailing in an inside cabin. The wines are just ok is the only drawback to me.

Princess has the right match for me, the ukp and carry one wine with corkage fee. I avoid a lot of calories and drink less alcohol. Love having it an option.

Great options in both instances.