Which ships (or Concierge's) allow children in Diamond Lounge

Under your tier benefits page...

7 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. Open to guests 18 years of age and older.

15 The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Suite guests/Diamond Plus members are not allowed into the Concierge lounge due to limited space.

Thank you for posting that.[emoji106] I am out of the office at the moment but when back I will find the page that seems to directly contradict that

The mere fact that a thread like this is useful or needed is just another example of RCI's inconsistency. Sure would be nice if they could manage to come up with a set of published rules/guidelines and then actually follow them!

Personally, we're of the belief that its not unreasonable at all to have a few venues onboard that are adult-only. Even THE family cruiseline, Disney, has an adults-only restaurant. Unfortunately, RCI seems less and less likely to actually HAVE adults-only venues, and even if they do, don't generally enforce the restrictions uniformly. :(

Consistent, clear, and concise published rules would definitely be appreciated here as well.

As to adults only venues, I do feel there should be venues that are adults only. Night clubs are. Adult themed comedy shows are as well. I feel that kids curfew is too late on ships for instance and if kids are out past 11 pm they should be in an organized event with youth staff. However I do not feel children under 18, that have a status level high enough for lounge entry, should be barred from Diamond lounges. They usually have great sea views and the cocktail hours are not at unreasonable hours. Would be nice family time for us to enjoy. If my kid goes bonkers out we go. It's a shame others are too aloof to properly mind children

So, are you saying that Suites' inhabitants consider themselves less entitled than Ds and D+s. I've actually experienced just the opposite.

And the rules, it's actually called the operation matrix, are broken, expanded, extrapolated, modified, etc,etc,etc, by all the ships' hotel directors. It's their prerogative as long as they meet their budget objectives.

I didn't say that directly, however if I pay 15k for a cruise I am paying for the suite experience vs someone who pays 500 for an inside cabin yes I feel a bit entitled. Guess that is why they will be adding suite perks and "revising" D,D+ perks as they have been.

If they're allowed, then so be it. But if it clearly states no minors, then I expect to have an adult experience and no one's "angels" in my lounge. No matter what I paid. My D,D+, status allows me that privilege. Even well behaved children have a piercing, shrill timbre to their voices that I don't want to hear when I'm trying to enjoy cocktail hour. Would you take your child down to your local and sit them at the bar? Hardly appropriate.

Edited by depplep

If they're allowed, then so be it. But if it clearly states no minors, then I expect to have an adult experience and no one's "angels" in my lounge. No matter what I paid. My D,D+, status allows me that privilege. Even well behaved children have a piercing, shrill timbre to their voices that I don't want to hear when I'm trying to enjoy cocktail hour.

See there is that sense of entitlement. Good luck with that.

Yes, I am entitled to be in that lounge per my Crown and Anchor status and the fact that I'm over 18yrs of age.

Edited by depplep
Typo

Consistent, clear, and concise published rules would definitely be appreciated here as well.

As to adults only venues, I do feel there should be venues that are adults only. Night clubs are. Adult themed comedy shows are as well. I feel that kids curfew is too late on ships for instance and if kids are out past 11 pm they should be in an organized event with youth staff. However I do not feel children under 18, that have a status level high enough for lounge entry, should be barred from Diamond lounges. They usually have great sea views and the cocktail hours are not at unreasonable hours. Would be nice family time for us to enjoy. If my kid goes bonkers out we go. It's a shame others are too aloof to properly mind children

ITA. It's a nice time to relax together. We always consider those around us.

I didn't say that directly, however if I pay 15k for a cruise I am paying for the suite experience vs someone who pays 500 for an inside cabin yes I feel a bit entitled. Guess that is why they will be adding suite perks and "revising" D,D+ perks as they have been.

I am paying for the RS. It doesn't make me better than anyone else, but it does lead me to the logical conclusion that my sons, who are paid for in the room, get to go to the CL, too. I do respect rules, and would follow them if they said no kids allowed. But that's why I didn't even think about it before.

If they're allowed, then so be it. But if it clearly states no minors, then I expect to have an adult experience and no one's "angels" in my lounge.

Sorry, but expecting that published rules will be followed definitely has nothing whatsoever to do with a "sense of entitlement." I guess you didn't see, or ignored where they said "if they're allowed, then so be it."

The only one in this thread clearly expressing a "sense of entitlement" has been you...

if I pay 15k for a cruise I am paying for the suite experience vs someone who pays 500 for an inside cabin yes I feel a bit entitled.
Edited by LetsGetWet!

Under your tier benefits page...

7 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. Open to guests 18 years of age and older.

15 The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Suite guests/Diamond Plus members are not allowed into the Concierge lounge due to limited space.

*Sigh* Even inconsistent in writing within their own website, it would appear... :o

If they're allowed, then so be it. But if it clearly states no minors, then I expect to have an adult experience and no one's "angels" in my lounge. No matter what I paid. My D,D+, status allows me that privilege. Even well behaved children have a piercing, shrill timbre to their voices that I don't want to hear when I'm trying to enjoy cocktail hour. Would you take your child down to your local and sit them at the bar? Hardly appropriate.

The lounge is hardly a bar, in fact, many patrons in there are not there for the drinks, but have said over and over again they like the lounge to chat with fellow cruisers. Further, alcohol is served in just about EVERY VENUE on the ship and there is no problem having a child there. Look how much alcohol is served around the pool, in the dining room, in the theater, even the ice studio.

So, if children are allowed in the CL, and alcohol is served there, why not in the DL.

We don't use the C or D lounges much in the evening and few times we do, have only seen children a few times. Honestly, I don't see the big deal. We are there maybe 30 minutes (how long does it take to have a drink?) so if there is a child or other patron that is annoying us, we go elsewhere.

There are so many places to relax on the ship, I don't know why the lounge is the hot topic.

enjoy

M

It seems to be a concierge thing as we were on the Rhapsody in December and was told we could bring our 16 yr old into DL at any time including the evening drinking time.Also the sign out front said children were welcome at anytime as long as they were with an Adult. We didn't take her in during the evening only during the day when we had coffee. As we were staying in a suite and could go to the CL and didn't want to upset any guess that didn't want children around in the DL. We are booked on the Voyager next year and she will be 17 nearly 18 so we will be interested in seeing what the DL concierge says on that cruise. Before any Diamond members gets upset we wouldn't take her in during the evening as we are staying in a suite so can go to CL.

Edited by Jasp 0401

T[...] so if there is a child or other patron that is annoying us, we go elsewhere.

There are so many places to relax on the ship, I don't know why the lounge is the hot topic.

enjoy

M

right and all of them are open and welcoming to kids. so if Junior if being a shrieky little monster( which, BTW physically causes my husband severe pain due to some head/ear trauma he has sustained) there is no where else to go to avoid them.

why is it so hard for some parents to understand that it is nothing personal we just don't want to be surrounded by children everywhere, well behaved( in their mind at least) or otherwise. in fact the MOST annoying sound IN THE UNIVERSE is the sound of a happy 3 year old screeching at the top of their lungs in delight.

kids have the run of the ship the other 21 hours a day. so is it SO bad that we ask for a small corner carved out for 2-3 hours for some relief from their presence?

for cocktail hour, none of them do. children are allowed at any other time.

Not true, we took our grandkids in the lounge during cocktail hour on Freedom. No one complained or said anything about them being there.

YOUR lounge:rolleyes: (see in RED YOUR comment), entitlement indeed!!

Seriously!!

And our DD status allows her that privilege also

She has even been at 4 Captains tables:p and yes the Captain, Hotel Director and senior officers invited HER:eek:

When she dances on the table and screams while eating her food with her hands you should see the faces of the D+ and D sat around us.. Shocking it is:D

Of course we tell her to sit back down.

I guess all Kids, are not well behaved and we're all dragged up, not brought up properly.

Don't understand why parents would drag their kids to the D lounge. I am sure there are plenty of other fun stuff a child would rather do on a ship then watching adults drink.

Can't speak for others, but for me (I'm not Diamond so will be in the CL), my kids like being with me. We do fun stuff together. They read while DH and I talk, or they join the conversation. On the 14-nt WBTA on DCL last Sept, they went to the kids' club a total of zero times, even with lots of suggestions from me. I don't mind, though. We just like to spend time together.

Can't speak for others, but for me (I'm not Diamond so will be in the CL), my kids like being with me. We do fun stuff together. They read while DH and I talk, or they join the conversation. On the 14-nt WBTA on DCL last Sept, they went to the kids' club a total of zero times, even with lots of suggestions from me. I don't mind, though. We just like to spend time together.

Quality family time, there you go:)

Family vacation is what it is all about:cool:

The issues we are having now, is AO will not let us in Kids Club as we are not entitled, apparently we are too tall and drink too much.:D

Don't understand why parents would drag their kids to the D lounge. I am sure there are plenty of other fun stuff a child would rather do on a ship then watching adults drink.

Our DD doesn't get dragged anywhere. Now. She is in the teens group which she is not particularly interested in, she enjoys sitting down and having an adult conversation with us over a drink and hors d'oevres. We don't force her to go to either the CL or DL, she goes because that's what she wants to do.

YOUR lounge:rolleyes: (see in RED YOUR comment), entitlement indeed!!

Seriously!!

And our DD status allows her that privilege also

She has even been at 4 Captains tables:p and yes the Captain, Hotel Director and senior officers invited HER:eek:

When she dances on the table and screams while eating her food with her hands you should see the faces of the D+ and D sat around us.. Shocking it is:D

Of course we tell her to sit back down.

I guess all Kids, are not well behaved and we're all dragged up, not brought up properly.

Spot on! I am so over the entitled bunch. "Oh we have cruised with RC for the last 300 years! This is MY lounge and I want to milk all the free drinks I can" LMFAO. Bottom line is...like it or not... RC is a FAMILY cruise line. If I pay for my son to stay in a suite guess what? He has ALL suite privileges, lounges and all, if my son is pinnacle guess what, he has all of those privileges as well. You can take your 1950's attitude and flush it. You should really introduce yourself to HAL.