Which ships (or Concierge's) allow children in Diamond Lounge

It is my understanding that admittance of children into the DL is either on a ship by ship, or concierge by concierge, basis. Which ships currently allow children into the DL? The RC website talks more about the Concierge Lounge than the Diamond Lounge in this regard. Much like there are lists for current captains, cruise directors, and activity directors, it would be useful to have a compiled list for Diamond Lounge access.

This could get interesting LMaxwell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know some ships do, some ships don't. Seems to be a ship by ship or concierge by concierge basis at their discretion.

It is my understanding that admittance of children into the DL is either on a ship by ship, or concierge by concierge, basis. Which ships currently allow children into the DL? The RC website talks more about the Concierge Lounge than the Diamond Lounge in this regard. Much like there are lists for current captains, cruise directors, and activity directors, it would be useful to have a compiled list for Diamond Lounge access.

for cocktail hour, none of them do. children are allowed at any other time.

I for one would wish the CL goes back to that concept but I am a minority in that regard.

for cocktail hour, none of them do. children are allowed at any other time.

I for one would wish the CL goes back to that concept but I am a minority in that regard.

According to the RCI Website 18 and older only in the CL. That came up when searching about DL. In fact RCI website doesn't address age in DL.

Thank you for the link. That is a good basis, but that info is already a year old and may be out of date now as things seem to change quite often.

According to the RCI Website 18 and older only in the CL. That came up when searching about DL. In fact RCI website doesn't address age in DL.

suite guests with young children threw hissy fits complaining they could not enjoy cocktail hour as the kids clubs were closed at the same time so Royal caved and began permitting children in the CL during cocktail hour. Trust me, I had booked my cruise specifically in a suite to HAVE a Kids free lounge atmosphere and they changed the rules a mere month before we sailed. i was not happy camper, and neither was the Concierge who had to deal with a toddler who destroyed the area she was in every night so badly he hd to call housekeeping. nothing like having a quiet conversation interrupted by a vacuum cleaner sucking up ground in cracker crumbs.

prior to that both CL and DL were lumped together with the ban on kids for cocktail hour.

ah well I am 3 cruises shy of making Dimond so once that happens I may forgo the CL just to avoid the kids....

suite guests with young children threw hissy fits complaining they could not enjoy cocktail hour as the kids clubs were closed at the same time so Royal caved and began permitting children in the CL during cocktail hour. Trust me, I had booked my cruise specifically in a suite to HAVE a Kids free lounge atmosphere and they changed the rules a mere month before we sailed. i was not happy camper, and neither was the Concierge who had to deal with a toddler who destroyed the area she was in every night so badly he hd to call housekeeping. nothing like having a quiet conversation interrupted by a vacuum cleaner sucking up ground in cracker crumbs.

prior to that both CL and DL were lumped together with the ban on kids for cocktail hour.

ah well I am 3 cruises shy of making Dimond so once that happens I may forgo the CL just to avoid the kids....

I'd be annoyed by messy or loud children as well. I think any reasonable person would be.

We do not cruise in suites. But we are Diamond members and as such would expect to bring our child who would also be afforded the same status, so long as Royal has no standing official rule against them based on age. But you and I both know that official rules aside ships can, and do, implement their own "house rules" so it would be good to know the unofficial "house rules" for each.

For instance on Allure 3 months ago I had a family member onboard who related to me that the concierge invited them in to the DL with their two elementary school aged children. That seems to be one area where Allure is in direct contrast to Oasis (the photo in this thread)

We've been on cruises where children were allowed in the DL during cocktail hours. On our last Freedom cruise, a family came in with their two children several evenings. On Enchantment, a couple came in with their teenage son who was obviously not 18.

I personally don't care if children are allowed in, as long as they behave and do not make a mess for staff.

Sherri:)

Thank you for the link. That is a good basis, but that info is already a year old and may be out of date now as things seem to change quite often.

Exactly how do you purpose to get info about future cruise that have not happened? Of course on cc you can always get an opinion/speculation. I have seen kids at the evening combined event several times

Of course something posted about last week is out of date also:rolleyes: and only pertains to that one cruise

Children were allowed in the DL on the Brilliance last November and there was a letter in cabin stating so. Children were not allowed in the DL on Liberty in January of this year. there was a letter in the cabin stating so and sign up at the entrance to the lounge.

I never thought about this! We are on Mariner on the 22nd. I was really looking forward to cocktail hour. Of course, I will still go if my sons can't haha. They are very well-behaved in the MDR and restaurants. They definitely aren't perfect (twin 8-year-old boys, are you kidding?? haha), but they are so good at dining venues that we get complimented on their manners and they even were invited to eat in the MDR alone on DCL when we went to the adults only restaurant x2. I am hoping they will be able to join us in the CL, but if not, I'll be fine.

Children under 18 are allowed into the Concierge Lounge to accommodate suite guest. Diamond members may not bring their minor children into the Diamond lounge.

Of course, we know the rules aren't always followed :)

Please point me to where on the website it says this. The website actually says pretty much the opposite.

So far it seems as far as Diamond Lounges and children do:

Oasis - No

Allure - Yes

Freedom - Yes

Enchantment - Yes

Brilliance - Yes

Liberty - No

Please point me to where on the website it says this. The website actually says pretty much the opposite.

So far it seems as far as Diamond Lounges and children do:

Oasis - No

Allure - Yes

Freedom - Yes

Enchantment - Yes

Brilliance - Yes

Liberty - No

Under your tier benefits page...

7 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. Open to guests 18 years of age and older.

15 The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Suite guests/Diamond Plus members are not allowed into the Concierge lounge due to limited space.

Edited by croosieloosie

Our son was never turned away from the CL or SL (oasis) on Indy, Oasis (x2) Allure (x2) Enchantment or Freedom (x2) He started cruising at 6 mos and is now 3. Yes we cruise a lot and always in suites. Sure we got some looks but one concierge said they preferred our son in the lounge over some upper CA members who do nothing but book inside rooms and drive the concierge crazy with demands/tasks the entire cruise and don't ever tip. The concierge have bent over backwards to make sure he is happy as they know there is a nice tip involved at the end of the trip. Many of them have given him little gifts (stuffed animals, t shirts, etc) bring your kids to the lounges. If I pay full fare for my child he is entitled to the benefits that he can consume, I don't care what the D, D+ say. Pretty sure they are moving the D,D+ lounge on all ships down by the engine room so they can discuss their sense of entitlement in peace. Go ahead fire away oh CA royality.

Our son was never turned away from the CL or SL (oasis) on Indy, Oasis (x2) Allure (x2) Enchantment or Freedom (x2) He started cruising at 6 mos and is now 3. Yes we cruise a lot and always in suites. Sure we got some looks but one concierge said they preferred our son in the lounge over some upper CA members who do nothing but book inside rooms and drive the concierge crazy with demands/tasks the entire cruise and don't ever tip. The concierge have bent over backwards to make sure he is happy as they know there is a nice tip involved at the end of the trip. Many of them have given him little gifts (stuffed animals, t shirts, etc) bring your kids to the lounges. If I pay full fare for my child he is entitled to the benefits that he can consume, I don't care what the D, D+ say. Pretty sure they are moving the D,D+ lounge on all ships down by the engine room so they can discuss their sense of entitlement in peace. Go ahead fire away oh CA royality.

LIKE 100%

Our DD uses both DL and CL on ships where they allow minors.

She is a lot quieter and better behaved than some of the wannabes;)

If I have paid $12k for a Royal Suite, damn right she is having her D+ and Suite perk.

Now on ships where they say NO kids, we adhere to the rules.

And FWIW, I told my DD to stand at the entrance to a lounge once, and the DL staff told her to come in. I said she is not allowed in for cocktail hour. He said who told you that, I'm serving what would she like to drink:eek:

Guess some staff are not too fussed, like some of the passengers are.

Some people worry too much about others

Flame proof suit at the ready!

Happy Days!!

Edited by PompeySailor

So, are you saying that Suites' inhabitants consider themselves less entitled than Ds and D+s. I've actually experienced just the opposite.

And the rules, it's actually called the operation matrix, are broken, expanded, extrapolated, modified, etc,etc,etc, by all the ships' hotel directors. It's their prerogative as long as they meet their budget objectives.

Edited by Tagsalong

I'd be annoyed by messy or loud children as well. I think any reasonable person would be.

We do not cruise in suites. But we are Diamond members and as such would expect to bring our child who would also be afforded the same status, so long as Royal has no standing official rule against them based on age. But you and I both know that official rules aside ships can, and do, implement their own "house rules" so it would be good to know the unofficial "house rules" for each.

For instance on Allure 3 months ago I had a family member onboard who related to me that the concierge invited them in to the DL with their two elementary school aged children. That seems to be one area where Allure is in direct contrast to Oasis (the photo in this thread)

The mere fact that a thread like this is useful or needed is just another example of RCI's inconsistency. Sure would be nice if they could manage to come up with a set of published rules/guidelines and then actually follow them!

Personally, we're of the belief that its not unreasonable at all to have a few venues onboard that are adult-only. Even THE family cruiseline, Disney, has an adults-only restaurant. Unfortunately, RCI seems less and less likely to actually HAVE adults-only venues, and even if they do, don't generally enforce the restrictions uniformly. :(