Which ships (or Concierge's) allow children in Diamond Lounge

Their number of actual cruises shows on the account at age 18, but they should retain the status level their parents earned before they turned 18. So someone could be D+ with any number of points below 175 if their parents were D+ and they were linked to the account by age 18.

That is incorrect according to what the agent told us.

Sorry the subject has gone off course LMaxwell

More inconsistent inconsistencies. I have two adult children, one Diamond and one Platinum. They both sailed as Diamond before turning 18. When my son and his wife booked their first cruise on their own, my DIL tried to update her tier status to my son's. She was told he didn't have enough cruises and put him back to where his points were yet that wasn't the case with my daughter. She hasn't tried to upgrade her husband yet so it will be interesting to see what happens.

RCI customers deserve to know what to expect regarding admission of young children to the DL and CL, especially if this is an important consideration in their enjoyment of a cruise.

As I see it, the fact that the OP needs to compile this list to assist fellow cruisers reflects poorly on RCI and is subject to change as concierges are reassigned and the passenger mix fluctuates. Paying customers deserve to know what they are getting. If lounge admission may depend on concierge judgement and numbers of eligible passengers, that should also be stated upfront as an addendum to the general policy.

While we may have different opinions on children in the DL and CL, we all deserve to know "what's what."

My first cruise with my boyfriend (now husband) in 2007, they automatically made him a diamond. All we had to do is book and show up and it was automatic. Maybe without calling and the hoopla it will just happen automatically?

More inconsistent inconsistencies. I have two adult children, one Diamond and one Platinum. They both sailed as Diamond before turning 18. When my son and his wife booked their first cruise on their own, my DIL tried to update her tier status to my son's. She was told he didn't have enough cruises and put him back to where his points were yet that wasn't the case with my daughter. She hasn't tried to upgrade her husband yet so it will be interesting to see what happens.

LOL :D

As a Diamonds in our late 20s, DW and I are accustomed to receiving some looks in the DL... but nobody has outright accused us of sneaking in (yet).

Last March, I didn't notice any looks at my family of 17/24 year old kids (D), but I think I will pay more attention this time... I find it hilarious that some people are so pretentious over a room.. :D

RCI customers deserve to know what to expect regarding admission of young children to the DL and CL, especially if this is an important consideration in their enjoyment of a cruise.

As I see it, the fact that the OP needs to compile this list to assist fellow cruisers reflects poorly on RCI and is subject to change as concierges are reassigned and the passenger mix fluctuates. Paying customers deserve to know what they are getting. If lounge admission may depend on concierge judgement and numbers of eligible passengers, that should also be stated upfront as an addendum to the general policy.

While we may have different opinions on children in the DL and CL, we all deserve to know "what's what."

I fully and completely agree with your statements here. Regardless of anyones feelings one way or the other on the subject, we should all know what's what.

The cruise which made me a Diamond member was also my wifes first RCI cruise. After the cruise she was able to create a C&A account. I linked it to my account and she became an instant Diamond (just add water!).

Come to think of it, we were only living together at the time and this was pre-marriage.

The cruise which made me a Diamond member was also my wifes first RCI cruise. After the cruise she was able to create a C&A account. I linked it to my account and she became an instant Diamond (just add water!).

Come to think of it, we were only living together at the time and this was pre-marriage.

I told him he should call. He actually has a sea pass with Diamond emblazoned on it but the old idiom 'You can lead a horse to water but...' applies here. He's never disputed it. :rolleyes:

suite guests with young children threw hissy fits complaining they could not enjoy cocktail hour as the kids clubs were closed at the same time so Royal caved and began permitting children in the CL during cocktail hour.

Some people need to come to terms with sacrifice as a parent. When they are finished their job as parents then, they can and will appreciate a child-free atmosphere. In the meantime, they should be doing something else with their kids, in a kid friendly environment.

suite guests with young children threw hissy fits complaining they could not enjoy cocktail hour as the kids clubs were closed at the same time so Royal caved and began permitting children in the CL during cocktail hour.

Some people need to come to terms with sacrifice as a parent. When they are finished their job as parents then, they can and will appreciate a child-free atmosphere. In the meantime, they should be doing something else with their kids, in a kid friendly environment.

For those who complained, it was all about the free drinks - I remember all the rants from those in suites complaining that they couldn't get their drinks because they were stuck with their kids. That's why the rule (regarding the CL) was changed to permit the kids to go with them. Since D and above now get the three drinks anywhere they want them, I just don't see the attraction for dragging the kids into the DL.

I am amazed that some people on cruise critic are still upset that Royal changed the rules to allow children into the CL back in 2011. To date I have never come across anyone that has been upset by it while on a cruise .Nor have I seen any children misbehaving while in the CL or DL only adults that have been asked to leave as they were drunk and being loud and rude. Personally I don't care whether there are children in the CL or if they change it an allow children into the DL. I have worked in schools and a lot of my friends are teachers and when we go out for a kid free evening. We don't expect the club or Restaurant to make the parents and children leave because we want a kids free night. Having children around is just apart of life.

Royal are giving us Diamond and up 3 free drinks to enjoy at most bars around the ship.Which is wonderful as they are giving us so much choice on where and with whom we can have our drinks with. But then I also cruise for the love of cruising and happy to sit back and just enjoy my cruise.

Edited by Jasp 0401

If the paid perk does not exclude children, then I think it's those who don't have young kids that need to come to terms with it! If you want kid free - go sit in the Solarium.

Lounge police :eek:

Actually a few years ago a passenger stopped my then 20 something son to ask him if he belonged in the CL. He did, but how in the world does a passenger think they can question other patrons. My son wanted to ask the man if HE BELONGED THERE, but his manners would not let him.

Enjoy your apparent youthful look.

M

Hmmmmmm I have 4 kids all over 21 now . I am imagining the replies each one would have had for him. I just stopped at oldest DS's reply.

This is why I don't like places like these exclusive lounges :)

Last March, I didn't notice any looks at my family of 17/24 year old kids (D), but I think I will pay more attention this time... I find it hilarious that some people are so pretentious over a room.. :D

*LOL*

Makes you wonder what they are like at home

For those who complained, it was all about the free drinks - I remember all the rants from those in suites complaining that they couldn't get their drinks because they were stuck with their kids. That's why the rule (regarding the CL) was changed to permit the kids to go with them. Since D and above now get the three drinks anywhere they want them, I just don't see the attraction for dragging the kids into the DL.

If we, as a family, are enjoying our time together and the atmosphere, we stay. If we are not enjoying it, we leave. If Jr. is acting up, we leave. Not sure what you don't understand but I hope that explanation helps a bit.

Oasis - No

Allure - Yes

Freedom - Yes

Enchantment - Yes

Brilliance - Yes

Liberty - No

Splendour - Yes

Vision - Yes

Independence - No

Rhapsody - Yes

Navigator - Yes

Quantum - Yes

Freedom didn't in Feb. Sign was in front of the main door and overflow door. Personally I have never been in the dl and had kids there.

Hi, just to add that my 15 year old son(diamond plus in his own right) often accompanies me on my cruises. Last year on Radiance not only was he welcomed to both Diamond and concierge lounges, he also got an invite to dine with the captain at both lunch and dinner. Certainly made for a memorable cruise for both of us:)

Sue

The lounge, for our family, is a place where we can sit for a while before dinner in a nice environment and chat about our day amongst ourselves and with others.

My son enjoys this time quite as much as he enjoys scavenger hunts and playing in the pool, in fact it is one of his favourite times of day. We don't drag him there because there isn't a childcare alternative to palm him off on.

You do NOT need to be married. You only have to have the same physical address AND your fiancee is eligible to have your status IF they were on at least one RCI cruise already.

If your fiancee HAS been on an RCI cruise and you both live together you can call and link both of you together - Instant Diamond.

If not, they will not get access to the D lounge before you are linked. The linking requires you to call Royal Caribbean, they do not do it automatically.

Edited by LMaxwell

I have a question. I am Diamond and my fiancé is not yet. I know once we are married he will get my benefits, but does this mean I can't bring him into the DL when we are onboard?

Correct, guests must have Diamond level or above to have access to the DL. It does not matter if you are sharing a stateroom.