RCCL Website

Went to the website today to check on my next cruise. Saw the new design and started looking ahead to next year. The website seems to use the same logic as the old one. I searched on April-May of 2016 5-9 night cruises and got this result.

samecrap.jpg

I actually booked last night.

Yesterday, I tried searching the site using the same method and will say that it does need more work. Part of it is using the same format as before, the other part the new. I was happy with some of the changes, but feel that they need to completely overhaul it from top to bottom. That would take some time. Can they honestly afford to take it offline for an extended amount of time to get it done? Given the the fact that their customer ratings have already been slipping, I doubt it.

Based on the overall user experience with their web site, their overall repeat visits to the web site should decrease.

They have had nearly 5 years to get this right and they still manage to screw it up more with each revision of the web site.

Edited by JKrise

Went to the website today to check on my next cruise. Saw the new design and started looking ahead to next year. The website seems to use the same logic as the old one. I searched on April-May of 2016 5-9 night cruises and got this result.

samecrap.jpg

I feel so much better! I thought I was the only one with this was happening to. Thanks for the input.

samecrap.jpg

Bill

I get exactly the same as you when trying to do a mock booking for a Jewel

ALASKA cruise.

Where is the RC cruise critic person!

image.jpg1_zpsnggjm95f.jpg

And I took a screen shot as well..

Surely IT must of BETA tested this:eek:

I found the Advance Search I did use before, it was under the box of picking your time and destination.

That worked better as there were more cruises listed. I could pick multiple months.

You can search by month then, same as before. It was an option that I didn't see on that site at first.

Taking some getting used to again with this change, they are keeping us alert and making us use our minds and eyes.....:D

I feel so much better! I thought I was the only one with this was happening to. Thanks for the input.

Same here, I give up, it is costing me too much time. I had hoped it would have improved.

On the previous site I found if you were just browsing not to tell it where you lived and how many people. It was then it would give weird results, but this time I just picked a time period.

I actually booked last night.

Yesterday, I tried searching the site using the same method and will say that it does need more work. Part of it is using the same format as before, the other part the new. I was happy with some of the changes, but feel that they need to completely overhaul it from top to bottom. That would take some time. Can they honestly afford to take it offline for an extended amount of time to get it done? Given the the fact that their customer ratings have already been slipping, I doubt it.

That isn't necessary. It's called simultaneous development. You work on the next version while the old one continues to function and just change the pointers when the new version is ready. It is really hard to believe a billion dollar company would release something this important to their business without testing it at least a little. I was a QA manager responsible for hardware software testing and this I found on my first visit.

Bill

I get exactly the same as you when trying to do a mock booking for a Jewel

ALASKA cruise.

Where is the RC cruise critic person!

And I took a screen shot as well..

Surely IT must of BETA tested this:eek:

There are no itineraries for Jewel Alaska 2016 or any other ship for that matter. Those itineraries for May 2016 through April of 2017 won't be available until this month.

I did a mock booking for Jewel Alaska 2015 and got 11 results.

Edited by cruisenfever

Are the filters for Senior and Military working for anyone? If I click Military it still shows the same 615 cruises.

I know that there are some that have military rates but not all of them do.

Still showing those same 615 cruises for residency rates as well.

There are no itineraries for Jewel Alaska 2016 or any other ship for that matter. Those itineraries for May 2016 through April of 2017 won't be available until this month.

Patti

My search parameters were Jewel & ALASKA

Never mentioned 2015 or 2016.

Without a date 620 cruises and 2 night Allure.

Seriously the website does not function correctly as it used to:cool:

I get it now!!

The new website is a perk for Pinnacles only:p

Only works for you:)

Edited by PompeySailor

Patti

My search parameters were Jewel & ALASKA

Never mentioned 2015 or 2016.

Without a date 620 cruises and 2 night Allure.

Seriously the website does not function correctly as it used to:cool:

If you don't put a date in, you'll get all of those cruises as that's how the old site worked...........didn't it??:confused:

I get it now!!

The new website is a perk for Pinnacles only:p

Only works for you:)

I don't think so!!!:o:D

If you don't put a date in, you'll get all of those cruises as that's how the old site worked...........didn't it??:confused:

On the old website if you chose a ship, I.e. Jewel, it would only pull up Jewel sailings.

So now I am confused:confused:

620 cruises available if I do it this way

be10068e-b7e9-4d5b-8d02-ee6dabcf1b73_zpsrshgnnh5.jpg

615 cruises now if I put in THE FOLLOWING parameters

A small blue loading screen appears, Jewel showing for about 3 seconds then

Poooof!!!

ALASKA

JEWEL

DATE RANGE 6/1/15 - 6/30/15

SEATTLE

image.jpg1_zpsygszh7ud.jpg

BECOMES Allure 2 Day 625 cruises to choose from

It is very broken!!

Anyone wanting to pay online or book online are probably best calling to book instead until this is resolved.

Wish I could video the transitions from page to page to prove I am not insane;)

It use to have a bug previously where is you specified where you were and/or selected one of the discounts like over 55 or Safety force it would return some odd returns. If you didn't do this it would give more sane results.

This time all I did was specify April and May of 2016 and it returned the bade results.