Please Don't Judge

aimish

Does anyone know if a 12 year old is allowed to go to the on-board fitness center? My daughter does not use weights or anything, but she walks on the treadmill or rides a bike just to get some exercise.

I think...THINK, if a parent is with them the entire time, it might be allowed...but it might be an older age...like 16. They will get PLENTY of exercise just going about the ship! No worries if it's not allowed.

I think that if you go with her the first day, and introduce her to the staff, she won't have any problems after that. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a lot of walking going up and down the stairs between decks and from the tween centers.

Good luck!

Does anyone know if a 12 year old is allowed to go to the on-board fitness center? My daughter does not use weights or anything, but she walks on the treadmill or rides a bike just to get some exercise.

Fitness Center is for 16 and over, whith this exception:

*** Guests ages 13 to 15 may be permitted to utilize the FitnessCenter during certain times of the

day; provided the young guest is accompanied and supervised at all times by their parent or

guardian and provided a waiver of liability has been signed by the parent or guardian who is

present in the fitness center. See the Cruise Compass or contact Guest Services for the specific

FitnessCenter age restrictions on your cruise vacation

Fitness Center is for 16 and over, whith this exception:

*** Guests ages 13 to 15 may be permitted to utilize the FitnessCenter during certain times of the

day; provided the young guest is accompanied and supervised at all times by their parent or

guardian and provided a waiver of liability has been signed by the parent or guardian who is

present in the fitness center. See the Cruise Compass or contact Guest Services for the specific

FitnessCenter age restrictions on your cruise vacation

This is why you are The Minister of Information!😜

I use a treadmill almost everyday. When I am on a cruise I enjoy walking on the track. Something about the sea air I guess.

Forgive me for Judging, but I think it's really cool that you ask.

I sometimes wish I was that motivated at 12.

FWIW, I have been in the fitness center when younger kids were using it. Never a problem.

Just remember to have real shoes- they don't allow sandals or other open shoes.

My 13.5 year old was allowed in as long as he was with my husband and we had signed a waiver for him.

As an aside, he loved it there, went 10 out of 14 days we were on board. The staff were great, always friendly and happy to help!

Have a wonderful trip!

Just to point out. All ships that I have been on, have a "track" around the ship, and maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be better, and more fun, to walk/jog outside around the track in the fresh air than stationary? We always walk around the ship.

Depends on the time of day. Early mornings is the best time and you can't beat walking the track, watching the sun come up as we are pulling into port. Afternoons on a sea day...forget it.

Edited by davekathy

Depends on the time of day. Early morning you can't beat walking the track, watching the sun come up as we are pulling into port. Afternoons on a sea day...forget it.

That is why I love the Promenade deck for my exercising. Seems like no matter what time of day it is, no one is ever out there.

This was the middle of the day, on a sea day on my last cruise. Love love love it out there!

9eff1751.jpg

That is why I love the Promenade deck for my exercising. Seems like no matter what time of day it is, no one is ever out there.

This was the middle of the day, on a sea day on my last cruise. Love love love it out there!

9eff1751.jpg

Now for the Promenade Deck, I agree. Been there, done that myself.

Edited by davekathy

All ships that I have been on, have a "track" around the ship, and maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be better, and more fun, to walk/jog outside around the track in the fresh air than stationary?

It depends on the weather and the time of day; I have tried unsuccessfully to power walk on the track in the early morning, but the wind was too intense. As well, later in the day the track gets congested with people pulling their lounge chairs directly in its path (except on Oasis class). It gets frustrating.

you must be 16 to use the fitness center equipment.

CERTAIN times MIGHT be set aside to allow younger children WITH A PARENT.

Just to point out. All ships that I have been on, have a "track" around the ship, and maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be better, and more fun, to walk/jog outside around the track in the fresh air than stationary? We always walk around the ship.

not when the winds are so fierce you get blown off your feet. or you constantly have to dodge around people standing there in the middle of the track and refuse to move out of the way into a 'safe zone' not 5 feet distant.

I called RCI and asked them directly. They said 13 is minimum age with a parent present, and 16 is the minimum age without a parent present. She suggested we use the Rock Climbing Wall (minimum age for that is 6). Even though she likes climbing, I am not exactly stoked for that. Thought the on-board gym would be a good mother/daughter bonding experience...the rock climbing wall?...not so much.

I realize there is an outside track, but my daughter is not exactly an early riser or morning person, and as some have said, the weather and crowds can dictate whether that'll work!

Alfaeric...your post made me laugh...you can judge away!

We use the fitness center daily while onboard.

But only for the weights & machines.

Otherwise, we never use the bikes or treadmills, we rather walk/run the top outside decks. 80% of the time, it's perfect/good weather, & get some Vitamin D too. 15% it's cool & windy, but makes it uniquely challenging, different from home. 5% it's raining, so we use the lower deck.