Bev Package Upgrade

bflowercar

Hi -

Does anyone know how much it costs per person to upgrade from the Classic to the Premium beverage package once onboard?

Thanks!!

Greetings

Should be $11.80/day with the new 18% grat rate. You must upgrade for all remaining days of the cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

Should be $11.80/day with the new 18% grat rate. You must upgrade for all remaining days of the cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

I concur with tunaman2011, it's $11.80/day per person although both people do not have to upgrade.

We were able to do it as soon as we boarded Reflection last week. There was a table set up by the gangway and we had our upgraded packages immediately :D

Enjoy your cruise.

I would upgrade for hubby since he loves specialty coffees. But a coffee a day is like $3 or $4 so doesn't make sense. Everything else we want we can get on the classic package so will just keep our free pkg and pay for his coffee.

I would upgrade for hubby since he loves specialty coffees. But a coffee a day is like $3 or $4 so doesn't make sense. Everything else we want we can get on the classic package so will just keep our free pkg and pay for his coffee.

These would be included in the classic package.

Enjoy - Mike

If you upgrade as soon as you board do you have to pay Fl. sales tax?

My wife and I upgraded as soon as we boarded in Miami for our January cruise and we did not pay any tax.

Hi there,

I have just upgraded to premium before my cruise. Will my cruise card have a different logo now to reflect the premium package?

Thank you!

We initially had a sticker, but we I was issued a new card it said PLL (or something like that). It was printed on the card and I am not sure that I would call it a logo.

My wife and I upgraded as soon as we boarded in Miami for our January cruise and we did not pay any tax.

We initially had a sticker, but we I was issued a new card it said PLL (or something like that). It was printed on the card and I am not sure that I would call it a logo.

Like Jagoffee, we did not pay tax when we upgraded in Miami.

The pre-purchased classic package will have the letters "CALL" printed on your seapass. When you upgrade, they will put a sticker on the card. We also had to get the cards redone halfway through the cruise and the new card said "PALL" for the premium package with no sticker.

Just a word of warning, we were charged for a couple of drinks after we changed our seapass cards. The sticker seems to ensure that the server knows you have the premium package. We had the charges reversed at Guest Services without any problems though.

I on the other hand was charged the taxes when we upgraded on Equinox in FLL in Jan. The couple traveling with us also got charged for it. We went directly to Al Bacio and upgraded there.

If you upgrade as soon as you board do you have to pay Fl. sales tax?

We were on the Silhouette last week. My husband upgraded at Cafe Bacio as soon as we boarded. I asked the server if we would be charged sales tax. He said no. We were charged an additional 6% so I have to assume it was sales tax? We then went to Bistro on Five for lunch. I decided to upgrade at that time and our wonderful server, Nena from Macedonia, did the upgrade for me. No sales tax was charged. I think she did the transaction at the Cafe. So maybe, maybe not! Safest to be out to sea for a while before upgrading, I guess!:D

Does it show anywhere on your edocs that you have the drinks package. I have the code on my invoice provided by my TA and was produced by Celebrity UK, but it doesn't show anywhere else.When I go online to try and upgrade to a premium package its asking for the full hit, not just the upgrade price.

Any ideas ?

Does it show anywhere on your edocs that you have the drinks package. I have the code on my invoice provided by my TA and was produced by Celebrity UK, but it doesn't show anywhere else.When I go online to try and upgrade to a premium package its asking for the full hit, not just the upgrade price.

Any ideas ?

I have not seen any reference in the e-docs, But, in the 'Order History' of the 'Cruise Planner' ours shows the following

Beverage Packages

Wave Promo - Classic Package

View Order Details Paid 0.00GBP

I think the only way to upgrade to premium is either ring Celebrity UK or wait until onboard. I usually wait until onboard.

Hope foregoing helps a little.

PS Looks like it could be a bit misty tonight in Manchester

Edited by roygg
Typo

I have not seen any reference in the e-docs, But, in the 'Order History' of the 'Cruise Planner' ours shows the following

Beverage Packages

Wave Promo - Classic Package

View Order Details Paid 0.00GBP

I think the only way to upgrade to premium is either ring Celebrity UK or wait until onboard. I usually wait until onboard.

Hope foregoing helps a little.

PS Looks like it could be a bit misty tonight in Manchester

Thanks Roy, it does seem to be closing in.

Can't seem to find the Order History button, where abouts is it ?

Thanks Roy, it does seem to be closing in.

Can't seem to find the Order History button, where abouts is it ?

This worked on Celebrity UK's new Beta site., its a bit long winded though. There is probably an easier way.......

Celebrity's new front page

1. Top left - select MENU

2. down the Page -select Your Booking

3. === - select Check in - Enter log in details

4 Top of Page - select My Celebrity

5. Select reservation - select Manage Reservation

- select Explore Cruise Planner

6 Top of Page -select Order History

This should then list the Package that you purchased albeit for £0.00.

Have a Great Trip on the Equinox, you will really enjoy her.

Roy -

Like Jagoffee, we did not pay tax when we upgraded in Miami.

The pre-purchased classic package will have the letters "CALL" printed on your seapass. When you upgrade, they will put a sticker on the card. We also had to get the cards redone halfway through the cruise and the new card said "PALL" for the premium package with no sticker.

Just a word of warning, we were charged for a couple of drinks after we changed our seapass cards. The sticker seems to ensure that the server knows you have the premium package. We had the charges reversed at Guest Services without any problems though.

Curious why you had to get new cards during the cruise? Was it because the ink wore off? That happened to us on our 11 night cruise. By the end, you could barely make out the wording on the card, but they seemed to scan fine. I am going to take a roll of package tape on the next cruise and place a layer of tape over the card.:)

I on the other hand was charged the taxes when we upgraded on Equinox in FLL in Jan. The couple traveling with us also got charged for it. We went directly to Al Bacio and upgraded there.

ORV, you did not say either way. Did you have the sales tax removed or did you just pay it?

Curious why you had to get new cards during the cruise? Was it because the ink wore off? That happened to us on our 11 night cruise. By the end, you could barely make out the wording on the card, but they seemed to scan fine. I am going to take a roll of package tape on the next cruise and place a layer of tape over the card.:)

I had to get a new card because mine stopped working as a key. I suppose I demagnetized it somehow.

We were on the Silhouette last week. My husband upgraded at Cafe Bacio as soon as we boarded. I asked the server if we would be charged sales tax. He said no. We were charged an additional 6% so I have to assume it was sales tax? We then went to Bistro on Five for lunch. I decided to upgrade at that time and our wonderful server, Nena from Macedonia, did the upgrade for me. No sales tax was charged. I think she did the transaction at the Cafe. So maybe, maybe not! Safest to be out to sea for a while before upgrading, I guess!:D

Same question. Was your husband able to get the sales tax removed from your bill?

This worked on Celebrity UK's new Beta site., its a bit long winded though. There is probably an easier way.......

Celebrity's new front page

1. Top left - select MENU

2. down the Page -select Your Booking

3. === - select Check in - Enter log in details

4 Top of Page - select My Celebrity

5. Select reservation - select Manage Reservation

- select Explore Cruise Planner

6 Top of Page -select Order History

This should then list the Package that you purchased albeit for £0.00.

Have a Great Trip on the Equinox, you will really enjoy her.

Roy -

Found it eventuall Roy, printed it off just to be sure. Thanks for your help.

Looking forward to the Equinox, as you can see from my cruise history we have only ever sailed with Carnival. will be interesting to see if the extra cost is worth it.

Greetings

As per the sales tax on the upgrade I have noticed the following when sailing out of Florida: If you upgrade while still in port at a bar AND they run your SeaPass card and give you a printed receipt to sign then the computer automatically adds the sales tax (that's what the terminals are programmed to do on purchases while in port). If you upgrade while still in port at one of the tables set up around the ship they hand write you a receipt to sign then they enter the info into the computers at a later time and no sales tax is charged. Again this is just what I have seen.

Good Sailing

Tom

ORV, you did not say either way. Did you have the sales tax removed or did you just pay it?

I had to get a new card because mine stopped working as a key. I suppose I demagnetized it somehow.

Yes, I did get it removed, but they didn't do it the first time I asked. It was after I mentioned it on the mid cruise attention to detail card.

Greetings

As per the sales tax on the upgrade I have noticed the following when sailing out of Florida: If you upgrade while still in port at a bar AND they run your SeaPass card and give you a printed receipt to sign then the computer automatically adds the sales tax (that's what the terminals are programmed to do on purchases while in port). If you upgrade while still in port at one of the tables set up around the ship they hand write you a receipt to sign then they enter the info into the computers at a later time and no sales tax is charged. Again this is just what I have seen.

Good Sailing

Tom

I think you've got it exactly right.

The ink isn't the issue, it is the mag strip. Ours stopped working properly after 10 days or so, door and bars. Overuse and or exposure to the magnetic closure on my iPad. No big deal, a 5-minute reissue at Guest Services.