Elite/Plat Nightly Event

jamesnnb

I don't recall hearing the PES lounge billed as a "free" event.

The interpretation of this is what I referenced:

'Originally Posted by lake5298

They could do many things cheaper - but they are a business with shareholders who want dividends.

At least the event and the food is free…'

The food in this lounge is really quite delicious. Well above any other hors d'houerves elsewhere on board.

I do wish they had some kind of wine special in addition to the drink special.

It can be hard to do the tea service AND this service AND dinner on the same day-all are very filling!

If I was not that excited about the MDR menu on a particular night I made sure to enjoy the afternoon tea and the PES lounge-it more than filled me up. It also gave me more options for evening entertainment since I was not tied to a lengthy meal in the MDR.

They could do many things cheaper - but they are a business with shareholders who want dividends.

At least the event and the food is free…

A major way of increasing business - and dividends - are loyalty programs that work. Limiting the special to one drink does not maximize the potential of this loyalty perk, in my opinion. Other lines offer free Happy Hours to repeat cruisers. You can bet that they have made a business decision to do that and are not trying to irritate their shareholders!

I think going to more choice for $5.00 would be good business.

I like cruising Princess but their rewards program doesn't favorably compare to Celebrity/Royal Caribbean which gives you "Free" drinks 5-7pm every night. One of the reasons my last 5 out of 6 cruises have been with the competition.

Edited by Shake

The food in this lounge is really quite delicious. Well above any other hors d'houerves elsewhere on board..

We don't attend this function. What are they serving now? What we remember is GauqnChips, TarTar, ????

Thank you.

We don't attend this function. What are they serving now? What we remember is GauqnChips, TarTar, ????

Thank you.

You get a schedule in your room saying what it is each night. Shrimp, Stilton with Port, Guacamole and chips, sushi, etc and a special drink each night for $5.00.

You get a schedule in your room saying what it is each night. Shrimp, Stilton with Port, Guacamole and chips, sushi, etc and a special drink each night for $5.00.

Thanks, however, we really don't go so didn't look last month on the Regal. We really did enjoy the Most Traveled Cocktail Party with all the goodies.

I like cruising Princess but their rewards program doesn't favorably compare to Celebrity/Royal Caribbean which gives you "Free" drinks 5-7pm every night. One of the reasons my last 5 out of 6 cruises have been with the competition.

On Princess you can go to the suite/elite/platinum lounge on your very first cruise if you are in a suite or on your 6th cruise (actually cruise credit) or after completing a voyage having reached a total of 50 days on Princess ships.

Can someone in a suite on their very first RCI cruise or someone who has completed five RCI cruises or 50 days on RCI go to the "Free" drinks event on RCI?

$5 drinks offered were El Mejor Margarita, Chivas Regal Rob Roy, Chairman of the Board, Mojito, Brezza Marina, Japanese Slipper, Cosmopolitan, and Pimm's Cup. Then they were repeated. The pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres were also repeated after 8 days.

I often think that a "call" drink made with preferred brand is far superior Re: taste and quantity than these $5 specials; therefore, we usually get one from the bar that makes the best martini's....or whatever your pleasure!

On the Crown in January and they told us only the drink of the night. We saw others getting a choice of $5. drinks. Asked the waiter and she said she would have to o.k. it with supervisor. I wish they would offer all 6 drinks each night.

On the Emerald in Feb they were very strict about this, no exeptions.

If the perk you value most is free booze, then I guess you picked the right line. I'm more impressed with the other Princess perks, myself.

[QUOT E=shredie;45930788]If the perk you value most is free booze, then I guess you picked the right line. I'm more impressed with the other Princess perks, myself.

Not being a drinker I have to agree with you. Laundry, Internet, credits are higher on my list. :)

On Princess you can go to the suite/elite/platinum lounge on your very first cruise if you are in a suite or on your 6th cruise (actually cruise credit) or after completing a voyage having reached a total of 50 days on Princess ships.

Can someone in a suite on their very first RCI cruise or someone who has completed five RCI cruises or 50 days on RCI go to the "Free" drinks event on RCI?

Well, yes! On RCI, if you are in a Grand Suite, or higher, you have free drinks every night of the cruise from 5:00 to 8:30 pm. This includes white and red wines, Jameson, Jack Daniels, Bailey's Irish Creme, Jose Q, Gin, Vodka, beer and soda/pop. Some ships serve premium brands during this time and on the Oasis of the Seas the free drink time for Suites is 11:00 am to 11:00 pm.

Non-suites free drinks generally start after your 11th cruise, ie Diamond Level. With Princess, the mini-bar does not kick in until your 18th cruise, give or take a cruise depending on the length of your cruises, of course.

With Princess, the mini-bar does not kick in until your 18th cruise, give or take a cruise depending on the length of your cruises, of course.

Well, no. If you want to compare the various lines' perks, you should at least know what they are, I think.

And I WILL be enjoying this perk when I cruise! LOTS of new experiences to photograph and make notes about to share with others, hopefully inspiring more people to start cruising! I have 3 interested already, so here's hoping!

Crochetcruise :cool:

Well, yes! On RCI, if you are in a Grand Suite, or higher, you have free drinks every night of the cruise from 5:00 to 8:30 pm. This includes white and red wines, Jameson, Jack Daniels, Bailey's Irish Creme, Jose Q, Gin, Vodka, beer and soda/pop. Some ships serve premium brands during this time and on the Oasis of the Seas the free drink time for Suites is 11:00 am to 11:00 pm.

Non-suites free drinks generally start after your 11th cruise, ie Diamond Level. With Princess, the mini-bar does not kick in until your 18th cruise, give or take a cruise depending on the length of your cruises, of course.

Elite benefits start at your 16th cruise credit or 151+ cruise days

If the perk you value most is free booze, then I guess you picked the right line. I'm more impressed with the other Princess perks, myself.

Sure and why not enjoy the Celebrity Elite complimentary drinks from 5-7pm everyday, sure beats the Princess Elite special price of $5 a drink.

Also you receive as well 3 hours of free internet and 2 bags of laundry. Another great Celebrity perk is the daily Elite breakfast 8-10am in Tuscan Grill which includes free complimentary specialty coffee's, mimosas and bloody mary's.

With Princess to become Elite it takes 15 cruises, with Celebrity it actually only took me only 4 cruises to the Elite tier. Really no comparison between the two, Princess needs to step it up with their perks and cruises required.

Based just on cruises, Elite happens after your 15th cruise / cruise credit, not 18th. If you travel solo, which they give double cruise credits per cruise, you can actually be Elite after your 8th cruise.

Once you are Elite, you get the mini-bar. One does not have wait until an 18th cruise, on Princess.

The "free" mini bar is a nice perk and you can mix and match the selections given to have all Scotch or all Vodka or various combinations. Nice tidier over until the Happy Hour in the Elite lounge.

The Royal had a BOGO in Crooners around 3-5 that was a hit.

Sure and why not enjoy the Celebrity Elite complimentary drinks from 5-7pm everyday, sure beats the Princess Elite special price of $5 a drink.

Also you receive as well 3 hours of free internet and 2 bags of laundry. Another great Celebrity perk is the daily Elite breakfast 8-10am in Tuscan Grill which includes free complimentary specialty coffee's, mimosas and bloody mary's.

With Princess to become Elite it takes 15 cruises, with Celebrity it actually only took me only 4 cruises to the Elite tier. Really no comparison between the two, Princess needs to step it up with their perks and cruises required.

You get free internet from Platinum (don't need to wait until Elite) on Princess, amount depends on length of cruise, I get 250 minutes on my next one =4+ hours. With Elite you get unlimited free laundry, not a 2 bag limit. You can reach Elite on Princess after 5 cruises.

Hi, was the venue very crowded? I haven't been on a Princess ship in several years...but, reading these threads it seems that there are usually LOTS of platinums and elites on each cruise

This is one thing the wife and I really enjoyed! Drinks were $5 , and goodies to munch on were tasty! Great way to relax before dinner!

Never seen it crowded! Guess that because the drinks are not free!:D:D:D

And that's what like about it, peace and calm. I know on a few sailings it can be very busy such as on TAs. I keep reading horror stories about the 'elite lounge' on those lines where they give drinks away for free (that aren't really, they are paid for one way or another) with the lounges being so full and packed with people that you can''t even sit down.

And that's what like about it, peace and calm. I know on a few sailings it can be very busy such as on TAs. I keep reading horror stories about the 'elite lounge' on those lines where they give drinks away for free (that aren't really, they are paid for one way or another) with the lounges being so full and packed with people that you can''t even sit down.

Reading horror stories? On what lines? Be more specific.

Never seen it crowded! Guess that because the drinks are not free!:D:D:D

Yay, it's such a lovely, peaceful way to have hors d'oeurves and maybe a cocktail or glass of wine prior to dinner. The food is excellent.