Elite/Plat Nightly Event

jamesnnb

We have found the P and E lounge very crowded over the last 7 months on 3 cruises. Its only going to get worse. :(

My upcoming on the Ruby will be my first as Platinum, so I guess I am part of the problem ;). Seriously, though, I have heard about the crowding from others, so am not sure I will even bother to check out the lounge. I am looking forward to priority boarding, though.

My upcoming on the Ruby will be my first as Platinum, so I guess I am part of the problem ;). Seriously, though, I have heard about the crowding from others, so am not sure I will even bother to check out the lounge. I am looking forward to priority boarding, though.

Go check it out. I doubt you'll find it too crowded.

When I was on the navigator of the seas the lounge was the ONLY thing I really liked onboard......most things were ..ok....but the free drinks and snacks were very nice. and it was not crowded except one night....and not horror story crowded...just full.

And that's what like about it, peace and calm. I know on a few sailings it can be very busy such as on TAs. I keep reading horror stories about the 'elite lounge' on those lines where they give drinks away for free (that aren't really, they are paid for one way or another) with the lounges being so full and packed with people that you can''t even sit down.

The "free" mini bar is a nice perk and you can mix and match the selections given to have all Scotch or all Vodka or various combinations. Nice tidier over until the Happy Hour in the Elite lounge.

The Royal had a BOGO in Crooners around 3-5 that was a hit.

Bogo is 3 to 4.

I personally have never had a problem taking an extra person in with me who wasn't platinum or elite. They just can't order the cheaper drinks.

As long as the plat/elite passenger is paying they can order the $5 drinks, w the new policy only the drink of the night is baffling when Bogo allows any drink to everybody.

Thanks, I probably will. I imagine the % of P and Es varies from cruise to cruise, so it won't hurt to have a look.

Is there a way to find out in advance how many Platinum and Elite are booked on a cruise?

We just returned from our first cruise as platinum. We enjoyed the P & E event--went almost every night. It was never crowded, very relaxing. The food was good--something different every night.

Does not really matter as you will not know who will show at night and who won't.

Quite true. Not everyone who is eligible will show up to the lounge. If the venue gets too crowded, they'll move it to somewhere bigger.

on the issues of getting free internet at platinum rather than having to wait until elite....arn't there 5 levels in the Princess program and only 4 in Celebrity?....so wouldn.t Platinum on Princess more or less equate to elite on Celebrity?

You get free internet from Platinum (don't need to wait until Elite) on Princess, amount depends on length of cruise, I get 250 minutes on my next one =4+ hours. With Elite you get unlimited free laundry, not a 2 bag limit. You can reach Elite on Princess after 5 cruises.

on the issues of getting free internet at platinum rather than having to wait until elite....arn't there 5 levels in the Princess program and only 4 in Celebrity?....so wouldn.t Platinum on Princess more or less equate to elite on Celebrity?

Blue = 1st cruise

Gold = earning 2nd or 3rd cruise credits (or 1-29 past days at sea)

Ruby = earning 4th or 5th cruise credits (or 30-49 past days at sea)

Platinum = earning 6th to 15th cruise credits (or 50-149 past days at sea)

Elite = after having earned 15 cruise credits (or after 150 past days at sea)

Where would elite on Celebrity fit into this list?

Blue = 1st cruise

Gold = earning 2nd or 3rd cruise credits (or 1-29 past days at sea)

Ruby = earning 4th or 5th cruise credits (or 30-49 past days at sea)

Platinum = earning 6th to 15th cruise credits (or 50-149 past days at sea)

Elite = after having earned 15 cruise credits (or after 150 past days at sea)

Where would elite on Celebrity fit into this list?

celebrity has 6 levels:

Preview 1st cruise

Classic 2-149 points

Select 150 - 299 points

Elite 300-749

Elite Plus 750-2999

Zenith 3000+

The nearest level I can find to Princess Elite is the Elite Plus, plus it's quite difficult to say really - perhaps it is between elite and Elite plus. Elite plus is gained after 750 points, inside or ocean view cabin gets you 2 points per night, penthouse suite 18 points per night. Some of the benefits look better than Princess (or not offered by Princess) but on the other hand some Princess ones are better, such as the internet and laundry.

full list of celebrity tiers and benefits are here: http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/why-celebrity/captains-club/