When is guaranteed room assigned?

Sxxacy

Those that have booked guaranteed room

(Balcony or other) - when does the actual room normally show up on your online booking? Just over 2 weeks out and anxious to know where we will land!! :)

Back when I did guarantees I've had them ranging from the day I booked to the day I departed, so just stop stressing it will happen when it happens.

While I've never booked a guarantee cabin as I need an accessible cabin, I've seen multiple threads here where folks have said it could be up to the point of check in before they've found out where they were going to be. At least you know you'll be "somewhere" on the ship. Guess it could be a lounge chair and a blanket on the Promenade deck!:D

While I've never booked a guarantee cabin as I need an accessible cabin, I've seen multiple threads here where folks have said it could be up to the point of check in before they've found out where they were going to be. At least you know you'll be "somewhere" on the ship. Guess it could be a lounge chair and a blanket on the Promenade deck!:D

That'd do me as long as wifey was on the lounger next to me.

I did a guaranteed oceanview cabin. I got my room assignment about a week ago (with my departure on 4/11), and it ended up being a couple of categories up from where I was before -- OZ originally; now OW. So I think it just varies. :)

I've tracked a lot of upgrades on my site as well as a lot of tracking of available cabins. From that information, its safe to assume that you are MOST LIKELY to get assigned a cabin either shortly after booking OR right around final payment OR about 10 days before sailing. There are exceptions, but these are general trends I have seen.

I sail on the Island next Sat. 3/21 & have yet to be assigned a cabin. Previously with Gtys, I've gotten a cabin assignment 10 to 14 days prior to sail date, if not sooner.Hope for a nice upgrade & enjoy!

I just received cabin assignment for Mar 29 departure on Royal. Booked IF guarantee and got upgraded to IA! I guess it was too much to hope for an upgrade to balcony!

Awww sorry you didn't get the balcony! We are on the same sailing and from Canada too!

We always book a guarantee and have been assigned at various times. We booked a guarantee inside on the Royal and were almost immediately given an IA category in a perfect location with one of those sideways cabins that everyone seems to love (haven't been yet, so ?). Our last cruise we had a guarantee obstructed oceanview and were not assigned until about 10 days out. My TA said that usually they wait until the ship is sold out and then they assign everyone at once. She claimed the later they wait, usually the better cabin you get. Well... although we had a terrific location, our view was completely obstructed by a storage locker, lol. I'd be happy to sleep in Vines if necessary as long as I'm on the ship. Good luck.

Most of the time, I've gotten assigned about 10 days out, but the last time was 3 days before and got upgraded from an inside to an accessible oceanview. Didn't get an email, just saw it on the Personalizer (after obsessively checking 3-4 times a day starting from 10 days out since that's when I thought I would most likely get assigned).

Two years ago I booked a guarantee obstructed ov cabin for a Christmas/New Years cruise to Hawaii on the Grand Princess. Over the year leading to the cruise I had 4 different cabin assignments. My final cabin assignment, right before my cruise, was a balcony. This was my first time cruising in a balcony and I was thrilled.

Good luck to you.

Faith

Three weeks out and waiting. Do they email you or do you you just keep checking?

If you are booked directly with Princess, they are supposed to send an e-mail to you. Sometimes it goes to spam.

If you are booked with a travel agent, they are supposed to notify the TA and then the TA is supposed to notify you. Sometimes that chain of communication fails to work.

Even when the E-mail from Princess or the TA does get to you, many people learn about the cabin assignment first by looking at the personalizer.