How cold will the nights on the ship get?

TiaxMarie

We are cruising for the first time in mid-April to Grand Turk and Bahamas from Baltimore.

I've started collecting items and packing them since we don't need any summer stuff here in Maine yet.

How cold will it get at night? Will a light cardigan be warm enough or should I pack a fleece jacket for all of us?

My kids are 4 and 7 and don't seem to get cold easily. I had planned on buying sweatshirts as souvenirs, will that be warm enough?

Sweatshirts will be plenty. The Bahamas and Grand Turks will be warm. You'll need the sweatshirts for leaving Baltimore and returning. It's windy and I get chilly on the deck at night. The rest of my crowd doesn't. I carry a light sweater or jacket because of that and because sometimes the a/c on the ship at night in the theaters and dining rooms is sometimes chilly to me, but again, not for the rest of them.

Take clothes you can layer.

Wife always takes T-shirt she can wear on it's own or under a blouse, Long Sleeve shirt she can wear on it's own or as an overshirt, light cardigan, shawl.

I do similar even on a warm cruise I take a long sleeve shirt that easily doubles as a light jacket, I've got two I bought for just this use, plus a T or two that can be worn by itself or as an undershirt, if it gets real cold all three go on.