Canadian Rockies Cruisetour 2016 - help please

Busy Mum

Hi,

I am very keen to book a Canadian Rockies Cruise tour - departing 7 May 2016. This tour came on-line last Thursday (Friday Australian time) and it is appearing in the Princess website as 'sold out'. It has gone from 'sold-out' to 'pricing is currently unavailable', since it's been on the website.

I have contacted Princess Australia and they are telling me there is no way this is booked out, but they cannot explain to me why it's appearing like this. I have phoned twice, with different consultants, but still no luck.

Can anyone of you lovely people shed some light on this for me? I am really keen to lock this cruise tour in but it's just impossible to do so.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Vicki :)

Hi,

I am very keen to book a Canadian Rockies Cruise tour - departing 7 May 2016. This tour came on-line last Thursday (Friday Australian time) and it is appearing in the Princess website as 'sold out'. It has gone from 'sold-out' to 'pricing is currently unavailable', since it's been on the website.

I have contacted Princess Australia and they are telling me there is no way this is booked out, but they cannot explain to me why it's appearing like this. I have phoned twice, with different consultants, but still no luck.

Can anyone of you lovely people shed some light on this for me? I am really keen to lock this cruise tour in but it's just impossible to do so.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Looked at the US WebSite and it shows all as "sold out":confused:

Since the Cruise is over a year from now, suggest that you keep checking.

Good Luck;)

Looked at the US WebSite and it shows all as "sold out":confused:

Since the Cruise is over a year from now, suggest that you keep checking.

Good Luck;)

I'm glad it's showing the same at your end :)

thanks for getting back to me GeeDunk, it's very much appreciated :D

I'll just have to be patient, for longer!! :eek:

Vicki.

I'm glad it's showing the same at your end :)

thanks for getting back to me GeeDunk, it's very much appreciated :D

I'll just have to be patient, for longer!! :eek:

Vicki.

It is not unusual for Princess not to have pricing available a year in advance.

You will enjoy Alaska -- Fantastic scenery

Wasn't this tour cancelled for the 2015 season? It may have been posted erroneously, and is showing as sold out because they're not actually offering it.

Oh please don't say that - really want to do it and would rather do it through Princess than book directly with Rocky Mountaineer, wait and see I guess - so sad now......:(

Vicki. :(

Busy Mum, I also was up late thurs night (in Perth) waiting for details to update. I have been tracking your cruisetour with interest, wondering what on earth was happening with it. We have booked the only other Canadian rockies/cruise available - 14 days Heart of the Rockies Plus Rail. Yours looks like the same as ours except ours ends in Anchorage instead of returning to Vancouver. I also was keen to book via Princess rather than do two separate bookings and apart from anything else the Rocky Mountaineer people say their stuff won't be available for booking for a couple of months and I personally hate to try to line up different companies. Could you consider the cruisetour I am going on instead?

Busy Mum, I also was up late thurs night (in Perth) waiting for details to update. I have been tracking your cruisetour with interest, wondering what on earth was happening with it. We have booked the only other Canadian rockies/cruise available - 14 days Heart of the Rockies Plus Rail. Yours looks like the same as ours except ours ends in Anchorage instead of returning to Vancouver. I also was keen to book via Princess rather than do two separate bookings and apart from anything else the Rocky Mountaineer people say their stuff won't be available for booking for a couple of months and I personally hate to try to line up different companies. Could you consider the cruisetour I am going on instead?

Hi lorri111,

I just do not understand what is going on - surely if Princess is not going to offer this cruise tour why have it up on the website at all - I'm starting to become a bit frustrated by it all.... I have been told by Rocky Mountaineer that they will not open up their bookings until June!! I have certainly looked at the cruise tour you are booked on, although we are arriving into Vancouver, by Celebrity Solstice, all the way from Sydney, on Friday 6th May - so this date is just perfect for us. Leaving on your cruise tour, at this stage, makes us away from home, and work, all that bit longer....

I just want to know if it's going to be offered or not - I really don't understand what the delay could be.....

Ok, rant over - for now anyway :-)

Vicki.

I agree, it would drive me mad. It is surely not complicated, either it is available or it is not. I would have tried half a dozen calls to the Princess line myself, might not get any more information but the more you annoy them the quicker the word will filter up the chain to the techies that there is a problem with the website.

I agree, it would drive me mad. It is surely not complicated, either it is available or it is not. I would have tried half a dozen calls to the Princess line myself, might not get any more information but the more you annoy them the quicker the word will filter up the chain to the techies that there is a problem with the website.

No matter how many people at Princess you called today, nobody was likely to have an answer on a Sunday.

Maybe ask on the Princess Facebook page? You won't get an answer until tomorrow either, but they should be able to find out what's going on.

No matter how many people at Princess you called today, nobody was likely to have an answer on a Sunday.

Maybe ask on the Princess Facebook page? You won't get an answer until tomorrow either, but they should be able to find out what's going on.

It is Monday in Australia.

It is Monday in Australia.

It sure is and I couldn't phone yesterday because our Princess Australia offices are closed, unfortunately. :(

It's really got me confused, as there are cruise tours and prices on the website after the one we are looking at - from 14th May. I can only imagine that Princess will not be offering what the want on the 7th May - but I will continue to keep checking.....:rolleyes:

Vicki.

How booked out is the cruise? I cant imagine the land tour being full. I suspect they haven't finalised arrangements for that date.

There seems to be plenty of availability, I'll keep 'stalking' the website!

Patience is a virtue!!

I know the website has been messed up here in the states over the weekend. I tried saving 2016 Alaskan Cruises that showed available dates and amounts to my Princess page, and it indicated that the cruises had been saved - but when I went to my Saved Cruises - the site "listed them" but dates were wrong (the name of the cruise didn't even sail on that day!) and the amounts were wrong, it was quite a mess. Hopefully once they get it right your cruise tour will be properly shown.

Maybe the cruise has been booked out by a charter. It seems really strange. Unexpected drydock?

Oh, something has 'just dawned on me', sure hope I'm wrong, but..... when I went on the Princess website to look at the deck plans it has two lots up. A listing before 14th May 2016 and one after 14th May 2016 - does this mean she is going in for a drydock??? I just can't imagine why its still showing its totally booked out - unless she is chartered out!! If that is the case surely Princess could tell me that when I have spoken to them. Starting to get quite annoyed.

Vicki.:mad:

I was about to post about the deck plan thing but that seems to be the same with all P ships. I know it is for the Coral.

Ok, so maybe not then! If it is in fact a charter I will just look at booking directly with Rocky Mountaineer, I'm sure they won't mind taking my money! :D

I have posted my query on Facebook :rolleyes:

Vicki.

Thats what we are going to do. We are doing B2B on the Coral Princess in May/June then a Rocky Mountaineer to Jasper then hire a car through Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary. Then fly to LA then back to Oz.

Rocky Mountaineer to Jasper then hire a car through Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary.

Just a word of encouragement on your plans - as if you needed it :D. We (4 siblings and spouses) did this last year (without the cruise first - we had done an Alaska cruise together 2 years earlier) and it was a fantastic trip. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time - and I envy you getting to combine it with a cruise.

I was about to post about the deck plan thing but that seems to be the same with all P ships. I know it is for the Coral.

The last time they did this date separation for all ships' plans, it was due to changing many of the cabin categories and had nothing to do with any modifications to the ships.

Of course now they are selling voyages on the post-may dates, but you cannot see the revised deck plans for what you are booking.