Juneau - Any whale tours after 2:45pm?

SUNNY D

We are in port 10am - 8pm in June. Would like to do the airboat helicopter tour which does not get back till 2:45pm. We also wanted to book a whale tour after but having some difficulty finding a tour that leaves that late. 2:30 is the latest I have found. Any ideas?

Also, if our port time shows 10-8pm, what time do we have to be back on the ship...7? 8? Thanks!

Budget queen, can you give me an estimate as to how large and crowded orca enterprises boats are? I'm trying to convince my parents to book privately rather than thru the cruise ship, and I they don't have any pictures of the boats they use on their website

Budget queen, can you give me an estimate as to how large and crowded orca enterprises boats are? I'm trying to convince my parents to book privately rather than thru the cruise ship, and I they don't have any pictures of the boats they use on their website

I have only gone on the Orca Odysea the last several years. it is nicely set up with booth seating with full sliding windows. Really excellent visibility, if you wish to view inside. They have a large open back deck along with an upper deck, that is open when near animals, this is restricted in numbers, but they do a great job, rotating people, if more want up.

I have been on full boats, and there is always seating for everyone. I would say, full, the boat runs about 20/25 people? Please contact them for direct information. They may also be able to send you photos of their boats. They do have a smaller boat, with similar viewing and seating for everyone.

They always have a naturalist on board, who have always been extremely knowledgeable with the priority of making the customers experience informative.

Edited by Budget Queen

I have been researching whale watching and have found several later whale watches: harv and marv, orca enterprises, dolphin jet boat tours, but schedules seem to vary by day of the week.

Depending on what cruise line you are on, you will need to be on board at 730 or 745.

Thanks for the suggestions. We were looking for a small whale tour (under 10 people). Harv and Marvs latest was 2:30 (we checked them first). We ended up booking with Captain Jack on the Scania (Adventures in Alaska) who had a later tour and a max of 9 passengers.

• 2 weeks later...
I have only gone on the Orca Odysea the last several years. it is nicely set up with booth seating with full sliding windows. Really excellent visibility, if you wish to view inside. They have a large open back deck along with an upper deck, that is open when near animals, this is restricted in numbers, but they do a great job, rotating people, if more want up.

I have been on full boats, and there is always seating for everyone. I would say, full, the boat runs about 20/25 people? Please contact them for direct information. They may also be able to send you photos of their boats. They do have a smaller boat, with similar viewing and seating for everyone.

They always have a naturalist on board, who have always been extremely knowledgeable with the priority of making the customers experience informative.

Photos of the Orca Odysea from TripAdvisor.

They also have smaller boats, but we prefer this one because it is a little larger and gives a more stable ride than the little six pack boats, plus it has an additional upper deck that is great for taking photos where you can shoot down from above as well as from the lower level.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS52sK7YyMoXMPVwn0LnsBhMlipnCPxoiYO-F80LqwqJJ6tIBzD

orca-enterprises.jpg

Edited by varoo

Have you ever had issues with them calling you back? I've left several messages and haven't had one returned yet.

I'm sorry to hear this. I know they do travel off season. I would try again with both a call and email.