Next cruise program changing again!!

But is seems like you can lose your obc if you make any changes, including a fare change. Is that right?

Adjusting OBC has been at their discretion for some time when you change your booking as well as repricing.

They are just increasing OBC/deposit and giving you the option to use the OBC on a current cruise or future cruise.

Sorry about that, I thought you were asking about the OBC not being reduced. I didn't see anything in the T&C that would have changed the refunding rules if you used the old (existing) onboard booking process.

The results from the MRI are back and DW is meeting with the Dr. this afternoon to discuss treatment, but it looks like she won't need any surgery

It's not in the T&C. But if you call C&A they will tell you that it is refundable like I described above. The answer has been the same for all that have called since yesterday!

So glad to hear that your wife is doing better. Hopefully you'll both be back on the high seas real soon!!

Edited by cruisenfever

They are just increasing OBC/deposit and giving you the option to use the OBC on a current cruise or future cruise.

I think a lot of people will choose the obc now option. Then they will be less likely to make changes to their future booking since they lose the deposit (which is what Royal wants).

The thing that bothered me was that the D+ rep was insistent that I lose my deposits ($500). If they can't keep track of the rules, how can anyone else. I actually got scared thinking that a rule had changed that I hadn't kept track of.

Edited by marci22

I think a lot of people will choose the obc now option. Then they will be less likely to make changes to their future booking since they lose the deposit (which is what Royal wants).

The thing that bothered me was that the D+ rep was insistent that I lose my deposits ($500). If they can't keep track of the rules, how can anyone else.

But you called 2 days ago, so it is possible that things have changed since then. Anything's possible with RCI these days.:D

Adjusting OBC has been at their discretion for some time when you change your booking as well as repricing.

It's not in the T&C. But if you call C&A they will tell you that it is refundable like I described above. The answer has been the same for all that have called since yesterday!

So glad to hear that your wife is doing better. Hopefully you'll both be back on the high seas real soon!!

We have a Disney cruise scheduled in May, and she's already informed me that there's no way she's missing that one:)

It's all listed on Crown & Anchor Society page under Special Offers / Onboard Booking Bonus.

"NextCruise Confirmed Booking: Select your ship and sail date at the time of booking. A $50 to $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required to partake in the Next Cruise program when booking 5+ night voyages. The deposit schedule is the same as the Onboard Credit Schedule and is determined by category of stateroom and length of voyage. Reservations may be cancelled but deposit would be forfeited as it is non-refundable. Reservations may be changed to another ship or sail date up to 90 days prior to Holiday sailings and 75 days for all other sailings. "

It's all listed on Crown & Anchor Society page under Special Offers / Onboard Booking Bonus.

"NextCruise Confirmed Booking: Select your ship and sail date at the time of booking. A $50 to $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required to partake in the Next Cruise program when booking 5+ night voyages. The deposit schedule is the same as the Onboard Credit Schedule and is determined by category of stateroom and length of voyage. Reservations may be cancelled but deposit would be forfeited as it is non-refundable. Reservations may be changed to another ship or sail date up to 90 days prior to Holiday sailings and 75 days for all other sailings. "

I guess it's another case of RCL not following their own rules, because this statement has always (as far as I can remember) been in the T&C, but it has rarely, if ever, been enforced.

I guess it's another case of RCL not following their own rules, because this statement has always (as far as I can remember) been in the T&C, but it has rarely, if ever, been enforced.

I think that statement applies to those who take the obc on the current voyage. Then your deposit would be nonrefundable.

NextCruise Confirmed Booking: Select your ship and sail date at the time of booking. A $50 to $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required to partake in the Next Cruise program when booking 5+ night voyages. The deposit schedule is the same as the Onboard Credit Schedule and is determined by category of stateroom and length of voyage. Reservations may be cancelled but deposit would be forfeited as it is non-refundable. Reservations may be changed to another ship or sail date up to 90 days prior to Holiday sailings and 75 days for all other sailings. Changes to reservations are applicable primarily to US, Canadian, United Kingdom, Ireland, European & Australian guests. Not all countries follow this cancellation/change policy. Onboard credit has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00PM on the final night of the cruise. Next Cruise offers are not combinable with the following rates: Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates or Shareholder Benefits. They are combinable with Crown & Anchor Balcony and Suite discounts and Savings Certificates. We value our relationships with our Travel Partners and unless we are advised ahead of time, your Decide Now confirmed booking will be attributed to the Travel Partner associated with your current cruise booking. However if you wish to have your booking reflect an alternative arrangement, please advise at the time of booking and a form will be provided for you to sign as authorization. Amount of Instant Onboard Credit ranges from $50 - $500 per stateroom and is determined based on category of stateroom and length of voyage (minimum 5 night sailing). Maximum one Instant Onboard Credit per stateroom is to be applied to the current cruise. Once deposit/Instant Onboard Credit is locked in, that will fulfill the Deposit / Instant Onboard Credit for the current cruise. Once the deposit / Instant Onboard Credit is applied, the only remaining benefit is the limited time combinable North American offer at the time of booking (excluding China product). You may change your ship or sail date, but your onboard credit is subject to repayment out of your onboard deposit if you book a lower category or shorter sailing. Program applicable to new individual Royal Caribbean bookings made after March 6, 2015. Bookings may be transferred into non-contracted groups and full deposit may be required. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group booking. International deposits and requirements may vary. Please see your Cruise Sales Team for details and deposit policies. For those guests that choose to have their Onboard Credit on their future voyage, if the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise. After the Offer Period for any North American Offer that is combinable with your Next Cruise Booking has expired, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Additional deposits may be required for Grand Suites and above. At least one name must remain the same on the booking. Offer is subject to change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2015 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.

This is not the case that happened to us. We had a "decide now" booking with OBC of $100 and I had to change the date when we got home. They changed the date of the cruise, but dropped me to $25 OBC:mad:

Depends on who you get at RC. I had never moved an onboard booking until December 2014. I moved a Panama canal cruise to a 7 night Liberty cruise. So they did reduce the 200 of Obc for a longer cruise to 100, the appropriate amount for a 7 nighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are calling both versions NextCruise Confirmed Bookings.

Then later in the paragraph, they call it a Decide Now Confirmed Booking.

Am I reading this wrong?

Why don't they call the 'take obc now' one thing and the 'take obc later' another thing. 'take obc now' is nonrefundable. 'take obc later is refundable'.

It is so confusing.

Edited by marci22

NextCruise Confirmed Booking: Select your ship and sail date at the time of booking. A $50 to $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required to partake in the Next Cruise program when booking 5+ night voyages. The deposit schedule is the same as the Onboard Credit Schedule and is determined by category of stateroom and length of voyage. Reservations may be cancelled but deposit would be forfeited as it is non-refundable. Reservations may be changed to another ship or sail date up to 90 days prior to Holiday sailings and 75 days for all other sailings. Changes to reservations are applicable primarily to US, Canadian, United Kingdom, Ireland, European & Australian guests. Not all countries follow this cancellation/change policy. Onboard credit has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00PM on the final night of the cruise. Next Cruise offers are not combinable with the following rates: Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates or Shareholder Benefits. They are combinable with Crown & Anchor Balcony and Suite discounts and Savings Certificates. We value our relationships with our Travel Partners and unless we are advised ahead of time, your Decide Now confirmed booking will be attributed to the Travel Partner associated with your current cruise booking. However if you wish to have your booking reflect an alternative arrangement, please advise at the time of booking and a form will be provided for you to sign as authorization. Amount of Instant Onboard Credit ranges from $50 - $500 per stateroom and is determined based on category of stateroom and length of voyage (minimum 5 night sailing). Maximum one Instant Onboard Credit per stateroom is to be applied to the current cruise. Once deposit/Instant Onboard Credit is locked in, that will fulfill the Deposit / Instant Onboard Credit for the current cruise. Once the deposit / Instant Onboard Credit is applied, the only remaining benefit is the limited time combinable North American offer at the time of booking (excluding China product). You may change your ship or sail date, but your onboard credit is subject to repayment out of your onboard deposit if you book a lower category or shorter sailing. Program applicable to new individual Royal Caribbean bookings made after March 6, 2015. Bookings may be transferred into non-contracted groups and full deposit may be required. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group booking. International deposits and requirements may vary. Please see your Cruise Sales Team for details and deposit policies. For those guests that choose to have their Onboard Credit on their future voyage, if the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise. After the Offer Period for any North American Offer that is combinable with your Next Cruise Booking has expired, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Additional deposits may be required for Grand Suites and above. At least one name must remain the same on the booking. Offer is subject to change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. [emoji767] 2015 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.

So, you can only put down 500 on a cruise if you are in a suite on a long cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, is this saying that you get the OBC from your future cruise to use on your current cruise and you have to put that much down on your future cruise (non-refundable)? Then if you cancel the future cruise you lose the deposit because you already took it in OBC?

I don't really understand why there's a difference? If I have to pay $100 in non-refundable deposit to get $100 of OBC for my current cruise it's the same as just paying for your current cruise only now you're on the hook for a future cruise as well (or at least you feel like you are).

I liked doing the minimal refundable deposit.

This new process seems even more complicated and confusing. Maybe that's their goal?!?!?

Tom

The thing that bothered me was that the D+ rep was insistent that I lose my deposits ($500). If they can't keep track of the rules, how can anyone else. I actually got scared thinking that a rule had changed that I hadn't kept track of.

So, is this saying that you get the OBC from your future cruise to use on your current cruise and you have to put that much down on your future cruise (non-refundable)? Then if you cancel the future cruise you lose the deposit because you already took it in OBC?

I don't really understand why there's a difference? If I have to pay $100 in non-refundable deposit to get $100 of OBC for my current cruise it's the same as just paying for your current cruise only now you're on the hook for a future cruise as well (or at least you feel like you are).

I liked doing the minimal refundable deposit.

This new process seems even more complicated and confusing. Maybe that's their goal?!?!?

Tom

That's the way I understand it.

I agree it's complicated and confusing, and I think it is their goal.

This is not the case that happened to us. We had a "decide now" booking with OBC of $100 and I had to change the date when we got home. They changed the date of the cruise, but dropped me to $25 OBC:mad:

They say they are allowing changes under this new policy which started 3/6. Under the previous policy it is like you described above. They say they can and would downgrade the OBC to $25 if you make any changes.

The sad part is that it is up to whomever you get on the phone to make the determination. C and A told me that those rules will still apply to any reservation made between 3/15/14 and the start of this new program 3/6/15.

Very confusing

They say they are allowing changes under this new policy which started 3/6. Under the previous policy it is like you described above. They say they can and would downgrade the OBC to $25 if you make any changes.

The sad part is that it is up to whomever you get on the phone to make the determination. C and A told me that those rules will still apply to any reservation made between 3/15/14 and the start of this new program 3/6/15.

Very confusing

But this is what it says now:

"For those guests that choose to have their Onboard Credit on their future voyage, if the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise."

But this is what it says now:

"For those guests that choose to have their Onboard Credit on their future voyage, if the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise."

I know- It is very confusing- Here is what it says at the top of the terms- I guess it says they can be changed but doesn't mention the consequences :)

"Reservations may be changed to another ship or sail date up to 90 days prior to Holiday sailings and 75 days for all other sailings."

Edited by molly361

" You may change your ship or sail date, but your onboard credit is subject to repayment out of your onboard deposit if you book a lower category or shorter sailing."

This has to be my all time favorite line in a T&C document:eek:

The only reason the deposit is non-refundable is because they already gave you a $100 and you already spent it. If you cancel then you really weren't entitled to the $100obc hence the deposit being nonrefundable. Your even, RCCL is even, its not that difficult is it? or am I just looking at this in too simple of terms? Help..... And now it looks like you can change the booking without it reverting to the decide later option...SMH.....:confused:

The only reason the deposit is non-refundable is because they already gave you a $100 and you already spent it. If you cancel then you really weren't entitled to the $100obc hence the deposit being nonrefundable. Your even, RCCL is even, its not that difficult is it? or am I just looking at this in too simple of terms? Help..... And now it looks like you can change the booking without it reverting to the decide later option...SMH.....:confused:

If you look at each individual part, it's simple. But when you want to know what to call it, or what happens if you change part of it, in some way, it all swirls together into a stinking mess of what ifs.

Excellent explanation. :)

I'm on board the Enchantment now and how you have des rumpled it is perfect. I have pictures of the flyer that I can post tomorrow as the internet is not co operating for me now.

You can change your sail date as many times as you wish, no penalty. You have already spent the OBC. If you cancel then you are out nothing. A much simpler system IMO.

That's the easy part. Here's where it gets confusing. They reserve the right to reduce the OBC if you change sail dates or ships, so if they give you $100 and you spend it (or don't, because it vaporizes at 10PM on the last night of the cruise) and then you change your cruise date and they choose to put you under the open booking rules, that $100 OBC becomes $25 OBC, and you owe them $75 back. Or, if you spend the $100, and then downgrade the next cruise to a cabin category (or change to a cruise length) that doesn't get any OBC, you owe them the entire $100 back.:eek:

I'm on board the Enchantment now and how you have des rumpled it is perfect. I have pictures of the flyer that I can post tomorrow as the internet is not co operating for me now.

You can change your sail date as many times as you wish, no penalty. You have already spent the OBC. If you cancel then you are out nothing. A much simpler system IMO.

If you've spent your OBC and then you go home and have to cancel that cruise, you will lose your deposit which is the same amount as the OBC that you spent.

Edited by cruisenfever

If you've spent your OBC and then you go home and have to cancel that cruise, you will lose your deposit which is the same amount as the OBC that you spent.

True, except since there's only one OBC/cabin or booking, do you get the other passenger's deposit back, or do they keep it?

Edited by orville99