topless bathing

Slightly off topic, but are the glass walls/railings above the newly added panoramic oceanview rooms taller than a standard railing? While we were on the St. Tropez deck on Liberty it was so incredibly windy my ball cap blew off and a pool bag full of towels, bottled water, etc. was getting blown around the deck.

It seems like a glass wall to break the wind opposed to a railing would be needed to make that space useable.

I would think the stairs would discourage many from going up. Will find out in June I guess. BTW, if you look at my photo, not to many lounge chairs up there. Curious how Navigator looks now

Yes. I understand that they did the best they could under the situation. With the changes, I do not see how they could have resolved this any better.

That said, for those that have an opinion about this, it is not the same. My opinion actually goes way back to the first announcement for the Freedom class, when they actually had the St. Tropez on deck plans in Europe.

How many hot periods do you have ?

It does get above 70 on occasions in the uk you know [emoji3]

Long hot summers are usually accompanied by grassy banks littered with semi naked ladies topping up the old UV rays near offices and the like. The parks in London are similar. Not everyone is topless of course but a fair few whip off the old bra these days.

Edited by Rotherham_Cruiser

Slightly off topic, but are the glass walls/railings above the newly added panoramic oceanview rooms taller than a standard railing? While we were on the St. Tropez deck on Liberty it was so incredibly windy my ball cap blew off and a pool bag full of towels, bottled water, etc. was getting blown around the deck.

It seems like a glass wall to break the wind opposed to a railing would be needed to make that space useable.

I was up there daily on a transatlantic sailing on Liberty and cant recall having a similar problem. This would I guess depend on conditions. We did have 3 fairly bad days on that crossing that were not ideal for sunning.

As the cruises in Europe are port intensive, those of us that use this are usually up there while the ship is in port.

Now, I was on the Quantum transatlantic in November. There, the jogging track had very serious wind problems and was almost impossible to make your way around.

Yes. I understand that they did the best they could under the situation. With the changes, I do not see how they could have resolved this any better.

That said, for those that have an opinion about this, it is not the same. My opinion actually goes way back to the first announcement for the Freedom class, when they actually had the St. Tropez on deck plans in Europe.

Deck 13 forward isn't even on any deck plans I have seen. I would think that area would be great for sail away, no need for lounges

Deck 13 forward isn't even on any deck plans I have seen. I would think that area would be great for sail away, no need for lounges

Deck 13 forward was on the deck plans for Liberty until a couple of years ago.

I have never really looked at Freedom.

With Liberty, they first took the text 'St. Tropez' away and then later showed just an empty deck there and then they started to not include the forward section at all.

The area around the front of deck 12 and then the front of deck 13 were always the location of 'sail away' parties in Europe. While they did not have service bars up there, they did have two stations for collecting the glasses. They are most likely still there.

I think they wanted to start phasing them out as they have had these plans to make changes for some time now.

You can see the original deck plans in the brochure the shipyard put out about Freedom class.

http://www.stp-norway.com/phpBB3/stp_pages/pg10/maritime/ships/passenger/produktark/freedom_of_the_seas.pdf

Have you been there in may before ?

Yes, been to canaries 3 times in May in the last 6 years and to be honest you can get the odd day in high 20's but it is an odd location where temperature doesn't vary much all year but is often cloudy in May.

Sure this year will be different though in mid 30's just for your trip :):)

Yes, been to canaries 3 times in May in the last 6 years and to be honest you can get the odd day in high 20's but it is an odd location where temperature doesn't vary much all year but is often cloudy in May.

Sure this year will be different though in mid 30's just for your trip :):)

I'm not really a fan of sunbathing myself, my partner goes golden at the drop of a hat.

After living in Spain on the Costa blanca for 3 years, I found mid march to October too hot for me. The last time I went to the canaries was in 2004. A long time ago.

so forgive me for asking as I had nothing to compare it against.

cock

• 2 years later...
We are considering a Mediterranean cruise, possibly on Jewel of the Seas. Does anyone know if they have a topless deck/pool?

Have not seen that nor heard of anyone reporting it on Royal.

We're travelling on Anthem on the 22nd of may.

is topless bathing allowed on the top deck does anyone know ?

or is it a little prudish on board ?

On the cruises I've been on, about half of the people in the pool area are topless.

Nice post thank you.I wonder if that is still the case as that photo was 3 years 5 months ago.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The OP never did come back and let us know, he started this thread in 2015. There is an area on Indy above the solarium called St Tropez that allows topless sunbathing. Although no one up there in April when we were onboard