Freedom of the Seas ..etc/etc/etc

We have been on Freedom twice and are going again in November. It is currently our favorite ship in 16 cruises. We will see if that stays true after Oasis [emoji3]

Here is the my review of Dec 2014 with plenty of pictures and tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137938

Enjoy planning!

ImageUploadedByForums1426984903.504707.jpg.fc2e9993280880d419d7b387157f7368.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
error link

We have been on Freedom twice and are going again in November. It is currently our favorite ship in 16 cruises. We will see if that stays true after Oasis [emoji3]

Here is the my review of Dec 2014 with plenty of pictures and tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137938

Enjoy planning!

[ATTACH]343939[/ATTACH]

Very nice review, looks like you all had a great time !! Looks like the Promonade cafe will be a "sandwich spot" ... lol.

Loved seeing all the pictures, looks like alot of good photo spots as well..

That whole spot on the ship with all the shops, looks like a mall in a ship ..

btw .. that milkshake looked good to me .. :)

Very nice review, looks like you all had a great time !! Looks like the Promonade cafe will be a "sandwich spot" ... lol.

Loved seeing all the pictures, looks like alot of good photo spots as well..

That whole spot on the ship with all the shops, looks like a mall in a ship ..

btw .. that milkshake looked good to me .. :)

The milkshake was delicious! I am glad we tried it with our BOGO from Crown and Anchor... I don't think it is worth full price, but the BOGO made it a good buy.

Totally agree. I love the Freedom.

Now, if it would get the hot dog stand from the Allure...even better.

Would love a hot dog stand myself with the best of toppings---chili, cheese, onion, mustard, sauerkraut, jalapeños, and cole slaw.

We are booked on THe Freedom of the Seas for next April.

Its my second Royal Cruise and 25th overall.

check the port of calls boards for stuff to do.

there is a lot of pay for places to eat.

(but I am liking that kids only play 8.00

my family and I will be also! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me about the island dining area on the freedom? I'm taking 5 collage grad's May 10 and it sounds like something fun to do with them.

Thanks,

Joe

I need a bit more info to help you. There is no island dining area on the ship itself. Are you referring to the island lunch on CocoCay or Labadee?

MDR is the main dining room. They have a serving station with Tutti salad on sea days. Is that what you are referring to?

Hope this helps some. Give us a little more information of what you are referring to. Enjoy planning! It will be an adventure with 5 grads! :)

I need a bit more info to help you. There is no island dining area on the ship itself. Are you referring to the island lunch on CocoCay or Labadee?

MDR is the main dining room. They have a serving station with Tutti salad on sea days. Is that what you are referring to?

Hope this helps some. Give us a little more information of what you are referring to. Enjoy planning! It will be an adventure with 5 grads! :)

On another thread someone was talking about a area that was out by itself but is still in the MDR . The thread was joking about it being a privet island and they always tried to get it. Not sure what floor it's on just sounded like something the kid's would like. Unfortunately I can't find the thread again.

Joe

I think they are referring to a round section of the MDR that is by itself...kind of floating over the main floor. Here's a picture (below the chandelier):

RCI_Freedom_MainDiningRm_2.jpg

Not my picture. Found it by Googling so I don't know who gets the credit.

That's has to be it. Thanks greet job now how do I request it ?

Joe

You can e-mail them the request. Give them your reservation number, ship name and sail date. I suggest you clarify you would like to have the table in the round section above the piano. Hope it works out!

rcldining@rccl.com

Hi All

I don't want to hijack this thread however I have a quick question regarding the "Hump" balcony cabins.

We are currently in a D2-9308 cabin, a D2 cabin has become available on the "Hump" - would it be worth changing?

Also, it'll be our honeymoon, if we mention this on check-in do you think they'll possibly upgrade if rooms are available? I understand many people will be on their honeymoon however it doesn't hurt to try? ;)

Cheers

Simon

Hi All

I don't want to hijack this thread however I have a quick question regarding the "Hump" balcony cabins.

We are currently in a D2-9308 cabin, a D2 cabin has become available on the "Hump" - would it be worth changing?

Also, it'll be our honeymoon, if we mention this on check-in do you think they'll possibly upgrade if rooms are available? I understand many people will be on their honeymoon however it doesn't hurt to try? ;)

Cheers

Simon

I would switch if I were you... much better location to be on the hump.

Any upgrade offered would probably mean additional cost. However, if the cost of a better cabin drops below what you paid before the sailing, you may be able to switch. Just keep an eye on the prices and call your TA or RC if the price drops. Enjoy planning! :)

Freedom is our favorite ship ! We have been on her 7 times, but only once on the Eastern cruise. The only bad thing I can say about the cruise was we missed Coco Cay, due to weather and it made for a long cruise with only 2 stops ! Just a thought, but have you considered the Western on her ?

You can e-mail them the request. Give them your reservation number, ship name and sail date. I suggest you clarify you would like to have the table in the round section above the piano. Hope it works out!

rcldining@rccl.com

Thank you for your help. I already sent a note to the address you sent. You never know. But thanks again.

Joe

Hey Grizz,

Im on that cruise on the sept.20th..

If you book Join the Roll Call and the meet and mingle..

This wil be my 4th time on the freedom and i suggest a balcony toward to back of the ship. back of the ship is where everything is

(all the dinning venues).

I also would suggest Chops..I think if you wait till boarding day to make reservations its 20% cheaper.

I also had family that lived in St. Thomas and had a shop in havensight mall called "The Odity Shop" as a matter of fact i lived there for about a year myself in the early 80's. and we also live in florida..

We are going to try to go over to ST. John and make that our beach day at

Trunk Bay awesome place to snorkel and..a little less crowded..

You wont be sorry you booked..

I would switch if I were you... much better location to be on the hump.

Any upgrade offered would probably mean additional cost. However, if the cost of a better cabin drops below what you paid before the sailing, you may be able to switch. Just keep an eye on the prices and call your TA or RC if the price drops. Enjoy planning! :)

Just swapped over to the Hump cabin! Can't wait now :)

I wouldn't get too excited about the lunch (BBQ?) provided CocoKay. I was on FOS in November and watched the crew load the food onto the shuttle boat for transport over to the island. Everything is pre-cooked, pre-prepared, and stored in plastic containers or coolers, etc., on the ship. They start the transfer of food as soon as the ship anchors.

Fruit is already cut, salads made, ribs and burgers cooked, and deserts sliced. We have eaten on the island once and passed up the food on the second visit. Third visit we stayed on the ship. There was just nothing spectacular about eating the food on the island, but it provides an easy lunch for those spending the day on the island.

On a side note - the jet-ski excursion on the island was awesome and we did enjoy snorkeling for several hours on our first trip.

Hey Grizz,

Im on that cruise on the sept.20th..

If you book Join the Roll Call and the meet and mingle..

This wil be my 4th time on the freedom and i suggest a balcony toward to back of the ship. back of the ship is where everything is

(all the dinning venues).

I also would suggest Chops..I think if you wait till boarding day to make reservations its 20% cheaper.

I also had family that lived in St. Thomas and had a shop in havensight mall called "The Odity Shop" as a matter of fact i lived there for about a year myself in the early 80's. and we also live in florida..

We are going to try to go over to ST. John and make that our beach day at

Trunk Bay awesome place to snorkel and..a little less crowded..

You wont be sorry you booked..

We are on same cruise... we have been on the fence of going over to st john? the noon arrival really mess with our initial thoughts, are you booking thru ship or doing on own? I just am not sure it is worth all the time and effort with such a late arrival?? thoughts.. this will be our first visit to stt so we are ok with just doing saphrire as well.