New BOGO Sale not very good

dz9yvr

I just checked the price of my next cruise on Oasis in January 2016. For 3 of us in a D1 balcony the current sale price is $1100 more expensive than the price I got last August. Not much of a sale!!! I cannot afford any more of these RCL sales.:eek::eek::eek:

Checked the BOGO for our March 2016 cruise. Pricing the same, but they did add $200 OBC. Might be worth a call.

Definitely call them and grab the $200

If you look further out in 2016 ( the new release dates), the pricing isn't too bad for some cruises. For example, we were interested in doing a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. We found that we could book a cruise, Adventure of the Seas w/ the BOGO50 sale prices that was actually cheaper than a cruise we have coming up in Oct 2015 and we both get the premium bev pkg. BTW, we booked the Oct 2015 cruise at its lowest price since the cruise date was announced.

There are some decent prices out there, but you have to look/book way in advance! At least for this cruise anyway.

I think the problem is that RCL is raising the price, then giving the BOGO deal, which really isn't a sale after all.

Is this any different than what is listed on the web site, "This cruise visits 4 ports"; and one of the ports listed is, Ft. Lauderdale!! Really. I absolutely can not wait for our up coming cruise on the Oasis (first RCL) and am hoping that the ship is the biggest WOW of all, convincing me to book an April 2016 cruise with a group of cruise buddies who are already booked but based on the "slight of hand", poor web site and customer service we have been shown so far, things will have to be pretty dang good. :)

I think the problem is that RCL is raising the price, then giving the BOGO deal, which really isn't a sale after all.

This would not be correct in all cruises on the RCI schedule. I just booked a cruise w/ the BOGO50 (buy one Premium Bev Pkg and 2nd person gets it 1/2 off) that is priced lower than the two cruises I have already booked. And... it has one extra port. My point is that there are some deals out there that can offer last May's pricing and the 1/2 off 2nd Bev Pkg. You just have to dig a bit deeper when researching and plan waaay ahead. :D

I also has 3rd and 4th person 1/2 off so I looked into it thought may it's a price drop for us. Nope It's still $1000 more that what we've booked. We booked on board last Jan and got the $200OBC and frankly, after we got off prices are just going up and up regardless of these so called "WOW Sales" the only thing that is Wow is that our cabin is 30% more expensive. Don't know if we can't keep cruising with royal with that type of price increase.

We've already said with how the prices have been going goodbye for now when you have to add airfare. Have 2 on the breeze this year and am looking forward to Vista coming out in Europe next year.

Days of $100 a day for a balcony are long gone.

Edited by NathUK

I enjoy checking daily for any possible price reductions for our already booked cruise.

I do fake bookings and monitor travel sites.

We usually book one year out, and have always gotten price reductions --(esp. prior to that rule of final payment).

Now, I have my DH helping me.

We got our last price reduction in January after one of RCI's sales.

Hope we get another one before a final payment in May.

Safe travels.

We were on Indy last month and the day the newest version of the BOGOHO sale was to start was going to be day 1 of our cruise. We knew what the next cruise was that we wanted to book. So not really knowing what the new deal might be, we put on hold the night before we sailed the cabin we wanted -- the goal was to head to the Loyalty Ambassador as soon as they opened (at 1pm) on embarkation day and see what the new deal was. If the old deal was better than the new deal, we would have just finished up the cruise we had a hold on.

In the end the new BOGOHO was better: we got our balcony discount since we are Diamond and an OBC; and when it gets closer to sail date, we will redeem Visa points to further reduce the out of pocket cost to us.

Yes, the cruise line changes prices all the time, sometimes you make out by waiting and sometimes you don't.

If the price goes down, I may not be able to take advantage of it.....if the price goes up, I will be happy that we booked it when we did.

Certainly I think it's better to keep RCL updates on the RCL forum, and the Princess updates on the PCL forum, but that's just me.

We have some unfavorable changes, and I don't like much of them either, but the great pull by many loyalists has turned to a push. Some are just going to switch loyalty to another line, but I say don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. There's still some good prices out there, we can drink in port, and cruise else where when it doesn't make sense.

Royal still has some unique itineraries, so while I may cut back a bit what I would have booked otherwise, I plan to continue sailing with them.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

I don't think the prices have been great since the beginning of the BOGOHO last May. I'm on a 9 day Southern Serenade, and the price has gone up $600.00 for a balcony since then. It has ranged from $2900.00 to over $3000.00 depending on their whim.

Been checking prices for several cruises for this summer. This sale, like all other Royal promotions recently, are not really sales IMHO. Just a promotional handle to make some newbie think they got a deal.

There is a difference in a SALE price and a PROMOTIONAL price. Sale prices generally occur after final due date has occurred while promotional prices are before. I have watched prices go up and the different tactics of bait & switch etc., but some of you are just absolutely wrong in the belief that you can't find good deals on RCL WITH the 1/2 off the Bev Pkgs. They are out there. You just have to find them.

And good luck w/ going to another line. I price Norwegian the other day. They were offering free bev pkgs but their fares were as high as the same cruise I have booked.

I think many are missing out in that there are more people desiring to go on cruises these days. The economy is much better today than it was 4 & 5 years ago. The days of any cruise line offering $100 day balconies are getting slimmer & slimmer. We have to book our cruise 12 to 18 months in advance to capture good pricing.

Good cruising to everyone!

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Is this any different than what is listed on the web site, "This cruise visits 4 ports"; and one of the ports listed is, Ft. Lauderdale!!

This really aggrevates me too.

Never seen embarkation ports listed like they are ports of call!

There is a difference in a SALE price and a PROMOTIONAL price. Sale prices generally occur after final due date has occurred while promotional prices are before. I have watched prices go up and the different tactics of bait & switch etc., but some of you are just absolutely wrong in the belief that you can't find good deals on RCL WITH the 1/2 off the Bev Pkgs. They are out there. You just have to find them.

And good luck w/ going to another line. I price Norwegian the other day. They were offering free bev pkgs but their fares were as high as the same cruise I have booked.

I think many are missing out in that there are more people desiring to go on cruises these days. The economy is much better today than it was 4 & 5 years ago. The days of any cruise line offering $100 day balconies are getting slimmer & slimmer. We have to book our cruise 12 to 18 months in advance to capture good pricing.

Good cruising to everyone!

I've been wanting to say this for awhile now. I see plenty of decent prices that I would have no problem paying.

And just as a little comparison... In 2005, I booked an 8-night Eastern Caribbean sailing on the Jewel from FLL. For 3 people in a balcony, the price was about $3500. For 2016, I'm looking at an 8-night Eastern Caribbean Navigator sailing. For 3 people in a balcony, the price is $3115. Just thought I'd put that out there. :) IMO, for the cruises that I'm looking at, none of them are that extremely overpriced. Sure the BOGO isn't really a sale, but if I can find a good price, I don't really care, plus I get some OBC :D

I do understand that maybe this can affect those that do 10+ cruises a year, but since I only do 1 a year, I can always seem to find a good deal.

We just booked and paid the deposit yesterday for May 2016 on Allure. Just checked the price with new sale today. RCI simply raised the price by the exact amount of on board credit offer. So no deal here...

You are correct, I booked a cruise for my friend the day before yesterday and then call to see about the new onboard credit and the price for up by the same amount of the on board credit It is call psychological marketing? LOL

I wish they would stop the BOGO and just post the regular actual prices. It would help since their website is so crazy.

Edited by vacationers

This really aggrevates me too.

Never seen embarkation ports listed like they are ports of call!

Since first booking our upcoming cruise on RCL, I have felt like I was watching a magic show where I was being told by the magician to "watch my pretty assistant over there, don't look at what I'm doing". I do believe that some of the cruise lines believe that we the "seasoned cruisers" don't have the ability to recognize a true sale from a magic show. When researching a cruise, we look at several, print out the mock booking/cost and keep researching. When that cruise line then announces a "sale" we go back to our document and determine for ourselves if it is truly a "sale". Reminds me of my favorite movie saying, "don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain". :eek:

Edited by whitecap

The OP starter has expressed his opinion and consequences on RCCL due to his recent negative experiences.

And what happens? - yes those known RCCL cheerleader goody two shoes (are they actually paid for by RCCL?) and save-the-world treehuggers show up and bash somebody posting his negative experiences with RCCL......