Cabin advice on Emerald Princess

mrsgthatsme

I hear the caribe deck balconies are the best because of the shade

Caribe Deck balconies have the same amount of shade as cabins on decks above. It's the size, at 9' x 9', that's the big plus...about twice the size as balconies above you.

You'll enjoy your Caribe Deck balcony...

Lew

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I noticed that there are both premium and regular balconies offered on the Caribe deck... are the premium ones the only staterooms with the larger balcony, or do all have it on that deck? Also, when you mention the "aft movement," does that mean that it is rougher in the back than in mid deck rooms? I am slightly prone to motion sickness and so prefer a smooth ride. :) I noticed that the rooms in the back and front of the ship were less expensive. I have noticed lots of motion at the front of ships, but wasn't sure about the aft part.

The middle section of the ship is the steadiest .I have found the Baja deck which has cabins above and below to be the quietest.The middle of the ship cabins always cost more because it is the most stable for movement.Cabins at the front of the ship give the most sway movement....I have been on many Princess cruises .The middle cabins give the smoothest ride.:)

You should be aware when booking a balcony cabin that those located on Caribe deck generally have the largest balconies of any regular cabin on the ship at about 9'x9' vs 9'x5' for cabins on other decks. The interior of the cabin will be the same as other regular (non-suite) cabins. The balconies on Caribe deck are half covered so you can be out in the sun or in the shade as you desire.

Our preference is a cabin from about mid-ship toward the aft end for the smoothest ride. Cabins aft of the aft elevator are very quiet since there is very little hallway traffic.

Lew

Agreed... we recently sailed on the Emerald and the Caribe deck verandahs were close to double the size of those on other decks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The far aft section of the Emerald Princess has Laundromats on both the port and starboard sides, certainly on deck 9. While they seem quiet, the traffic in and out gets heavy especially on at sea days and the day before disembarking.

Just got off the Emerald last week after a week in stateroom B723 on the Baja deck. It was like a tomb in there at night and I could sleep very peacefully with the exception of the people living next door to me who would slam their door coming in or going out (but that could happen anywhere on the ship). For my trip in October I've moved to B748 right off the back of the ship. Love, love, love aft cabins! :)

The far aft section of the Emerald Princess has Laundromats on both the port and starboard sides, certainly on deck 9. While they seem quiet, the traffic in and out gets heavy especially on at sea days and the day before disembarking.

We almost always book close or very close to the laundry room by choice and have never heard anything. Remember, the laundry rooms themselves have double entrance doors that helps muffle the noise from within the room and we've never noticed any additional foot traffic noise. Also, they're usually locked by about 10:00 at night. If you know you're going to be doing laundry it can be very convenient. We tend to do land travel prior to boarding so will generally be doing laundry at least twice during our cruise.

A slightly different twist to this topic - what about the aft Vista suite on the Emerald? anyone have any experience with that cabin - Emerald deck is the one that's available. I am not a light sleeper but my friend tends to be. We were thinking about booking it as a guarantee with that slight chance of getting a visit from the UG fairy. Any info would be appreciated because I'd like to book it very soon.