I wish Celebrity would:

jenniebnyc

Take away the loud jarring afternoon music at the outdoor pool. On Caribbean it should be steel drums, Jimmy Buffet, etc. it was so bad on our last cruise we had to leave. There was no melody, just loud thumping sounds.

I agree wholeheartedly. It would be great to have a single steel drum at times, playing island music (and not covering popular songs, like Bad, Bad Leroy Brown.). That said, I agree with the later poster who just got off Reflection. I was there and experienced very good music.

Piano bar-- yes!

Now, if we can just get rid of the pool games with the Cruise Director screaming into the mic.

Edited by Caribbean Amphibean

First, Thank You Celebrity for the good job you're doing in so many areas. And, thank you for bringing back the chocolates (a little thing, but I love them)

I do wish Celebrity would (as others have said):

* Fix the website!

* Improve the Shore Excursion website area. I actually go to the Royal Caribbean website, check out the information for a similar shore excursion, then go back to the Celebrity website to book an excursion. (how sad is that?!)

* Agree - I like the current & want more: Music trivia! Those are some of the best attended activities on RCCL, especially for 70's and 80's music and classic rock.

* NOT keep reducing/raising the prices of the wines available by the glass for both Classic & Premium pkgs. There are fewer & fewer selections.

* Woo Hoo - Ziplines on the ships !!! (& more ziplines available as shore excursions - like Tree Limin zipline in St. Thomas)

Hi there,

At a recent Q&A session on the Celebrity Century, our CEO and President Lisa Lutoff-Perlo stated that our website is an extremely high priority, and that she will address the website issues that guests have been telling us about.

I'll try to keep everyone updated as soon as I learn more, but simply do want to let everyone know that yes, we are aware of these issues.

Not aimed at you personally, but gee we've heard that a few times.

I'd also love some Syd to Syd round NZ and even a circumnavigation of Aus, again Syd-Syd.

Currently the only way to do it three b2bs Syd to Aukland, Auk to Perth across the bottom, and then Perth to Syd across the top.

Also I keep reading about people booking cabins and then through some sort of snafu loosing it. a big problem with b2bs, but how about some way to check when I am looking at b2bs if there is a cabin in my category that is free for both [or all] cruises.

What I would like to see from Celebrity:

1) Rooms for singles who don't want to pay for a single supplement. And while were at it why not be the first cruise line to offer these cabins with a balcony? 120-130 sq. ft with a balcony for $1200 on a 7 night Caribbean sounds fair.

2) Once you reach Elite+ you can earn CC points on any of the Celebrity family of ships, whether it be Royal Caribbean, or Azamara or Celebrity. (Points earned on Royal would be at half value and points earned on Azamara would be the same as what you earn on Celebrity. Don't want to get to many Zeniths.)

3) Two or Three night Pacific Coastals.

Keep the Art Studio open. Don't know why they are planning to close it when ALL of the classes and open studio times are filled with waiting lists. It's why we chose to book a Celebrity Cruise.

There already a ton of restaurants. No need for yet another.

Edited by Cropelf

I know I am probably in the minority but would love to see a trend away from the big ships, 1,000 to 1,500 and less chrome and glass and more wood and brass.

I'm with you. Smaller ships with decent size cabins. Azamara has smaller ships but tiny cabins. Smaller ships can go to more interesting ports. Celebrity's itineraries tend to be same old, same old.

First, Thank You Celebrity for the good job you're doing in so many areas. And, thank you for bringing back the chocolates (a little thing, but I love them)

* Woo Hoo - Ziplines on the ships !!! (& more ziplines available as shore excursions - like Tree Limin zipline in St. Thomas)

Please, if you want ziplines on the ships, go on ships that have them.

What I would like to see from Celebrity:

1) Rooms for singles who don't want to pay for a single supplement. And while were at it why not be the first cruise line to offer these cabins with a balcony? 120-130 sq. ft with a balcony for $1200 on a 7 night Caribbean sounds fair.

2) .....

P & O's new ship Britannia has them

Century would have been perfect for this. Maybe Connie now? Do a series of 30Ns to circle the globe Agree same old boring itins are Xs weak point.I also like longer flyless/ shorter flight cruises like RT Hawaii from CA. Add Polynesia for a 30 dayer like Princess or HAL. How about a Caribbean with some of the more interesting ports like St. Barts, St. Vincen, Grenadines, etc. Can Cellar Masters and Bistrou 5.How about a Sports Bar with draft Craft brews?

Century would have been perfect for this. Maybe Connie now? Do a series of 30Ns to circle the globe Agree same old boring itins are Xs weak point.I also like longer flyless/ shorter flight cruises like RT Hawaii from CA. Add Polynesia for a 30 dayer like Princess or HAL.Do several longer Pacific runs. How about a Caribbean with some of the more interesting ports like St. Barts, St. Vincen, Grenadines, etc. Can Cellar Masters and Bistrou 5.How about a Sports Bar with draft Craft brews?

No way! A zipline on board is definitely what I've wanted a nanosecond before I knew I wanted it. :D

No lack of shps with them, so you'll be fine, I knew t was something I ddn't want on any ship I sailed on, a nanosecond before I knew they existed.

I know I am probably in the minority but would love to see a trend away from the big ships, 1,000 to 1,500 and less chrome and glass and more wood and brass.

There's a couple 2,900 passenger vessels in the works. Smaller ships going to more exotic itineraries would compete with HAL. I could go for that.

What I don't get are these Oasis ships that can't hardly go to any ports, complaints about food and service, and the need for 3 of them in Port Canaveral. :confused: Quantum is getting 46% positive reviews!

I'm in favor of keeping the goals and directions of both lines separate.

There's a couple 2,900 passenger vessels in the works. Smaller ships going to more exotic itineraries would compete with HAL. I could go for that.

What I don't get are these Oasis ships that can't hardly go to any ports, complaints about food and service, and the need for 3 of them in Port Canaveral. :confused: Quantum is getting 46% positive reviews!

I'm in favor of keeping the goals and directions of both lines separate.

I consider 2,900 far to big, to get to out of the way ports and just simply far to big.

I assume that the reason that companies like RCI and Carnival keep multiple lines is to serve different demographics.

I consider 2,900 far to big, to get to out of the way ports and just simply far to big.

I assume that the reason that companies like RCI and Carnival keep multiple lines is to serve different demographics.

That's about the size of the Voyager Class on Royal Caribbean. As long as they don't dump Millennium ships without replacing them with something comparable, I don't mind. We sail for itinerary first and foremost, and the Millennium ships more consistently seem to be catching our eye.

It will be interesting to see if NCL invents a line to compete with Celebrity and Princess.

I agree with NMSUNLOVER about inadequate shore excursion information . It is esp poor with St Petersburg , Russia information. The major Russian tour companies give a great detailed explanation of what their tours encompass & list a timeline itinerary. Celebrity's excursion lists are generally less specific.

I would like to see the cruise ships go back to being a means of transportation instead of just ending up back where you started from.

I don't want any sort of formal dress code. Why should I dress up just to go on vacation? Being on vacation is where you are supposed to be able to relax, right? I'm retired and my everyday wear is a colored t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. The only time I dress up is when I'm going to funerals (and that seems to be happening all too often as I get older). As an engineer, my idea of "dressing up" is "business casual" at best -- khakis, casual shoes, and either a polo shirt or button down. Ties? We don't need no stinkin' ties!

One thing that I would REALLY like would be to have the capability of transporting a motorcycle with me on a cruise so that I would have immediate transportation wherever I ended up. It wouldn't be that big of a design change for new ships to have a deck that had tie down spots for motorcycles so you could just drive off when you hit port. We're not necessarily talking about that much weight either. For anything other than the large cruiser bikes, you're only looking at 400-500 lbs per bike. So, how many spaces would the ships really need for this sort of thing?

2006 Data

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohim/hs06/htm/mv1.htm

6,634,506 motorcycles

134,012,369 cars

So, you're looking at around 5%. Assuming one of the "mega" cruise ships with 5000 passengers, that's maybe only 250 passengers that might own a motorcycle. If you were to assume that each motorcycle might take up 4'x8' of space, then you're looking at about 8000 sq-ft. Considering the size of these ships, that's not that much.

One thing that I would REALLY like would be to have the capability of transporting a motorcycle with me on a cruise so that I would have immediate transportation wherever I ended up. It wouldn't be that big of a design change for new ships to have a deck that had tie down spots for motorcycles so you could just drive off when you hit port. We're not necessarily talking about that much weight either. For anything other than the large cruiser bikes, you're only looking at 400-500 lbs per bike. So, how many spaces would the ships really need for this sort of thing?

2006 Data

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohim/hs06/htm/mv1.htm

6,634,506 motorcycles

134,012,369 cars

So, you're looking at around 5%. Assuming one of the "mega" cruise ships with 5000 passengers, that's maybe only 250 passengers that might own a motorcycle. If you were to assume that each motorcycle might take up 4'x8' of space, then you're looking at about 8000 sq-ft. Considering the size of these ships, that's not that much.

Several specialty cruises do exist, even on various Celebrity ships.