Baggage allowance

Priya2

Trust me - if you can get it to the ship they will take it. :o Last cruise - and YES I am an over packer and proud of it - I had a rolling garmet bag that I carried on as it had all the formal dresses. Hubby had the small carry on with swim suits, undies and clothes for the 1st day. 3 or 4 large bags later delivered to the room we had it all. Call me very surprised that the closet in the aft wrap S1's are small so they brought us a rolling clothes rack that fit nicely up against a wall. If you get it there - they take it - finding a place to store the luggage - that is another question. Ours all fit under the bed. :cool:

Edited by Jane2357

Trust me - if you can get it to the ship they will take it. :o Last cruise - and YES I am an over packer and proud of it - I had a rolling garmet bag that I carried on as it had all the formal dresses. Hubby had the small carry on with swim suits, undies and clothes for the 1st day. 3 or 4 large bags later delivered to the room we had it all. Call me very surprised that the closet in the aft wrap S1's are small so they brought us a rolling clothes rack that fit nicely up against a wall. If you get it there - they take it - finding a place to store the luggage - that is another question. Ours all fit under the bed. :cool:

We too bring a lot of luggage. 4 large cases and two roller bags. We book S2 cabins for the additional closet space.

We too bring a lot of luggage. 4 large cases and two roller bags. We book S2 cabins for the additional closet space.

Not only less closet space in the S1, but also less drawer space. We love the S2's, and the only S1's we will ever book in the future will be the Aqua Class Suites that are converted next month to S1's. Plus in those staterooms you get the AQ shower panel, and I think they have jetted tubs, but I may be wrong.

I believe cb is correct. I read somewhere on the =X= site that each person is allowed 200 lbs. We met a couple on a TA who were going from their summer home in France to their home in the US. They had packed a huge crate of wine. How they were able to get that much wine into the US, I don't know, but it must have been heavy.

Seems like we won't have a problem. We're flying to the US from the UK, so we have to deal with airline restrictions, but we're away for a month, with no clothes washing facilities for much of the time. We're looking to take two reasonable weight suitcases each, plus carry-on.

There isn't a baggage restriction. Airlines yes...Celebrity, no.

There was actually a luggage allowance on Celebrity for our first cruise. It was 200 lbs per person. I only know because, being our first cruise [and in the days you could actually find a printed brochure] I read the whole T&Cs. I have not read the complete T&Cs since so I have no idea if the allowance is still there. Our luggage exceed the allowance a tad and I was so worried that we would have problems but, in the event, it was no problem.

Edited by Project_gal

Very easily, I imagine. Declare the wine, pay the duty, done.

The duty on still wine is "peanuts." I recall back in the early 80's it was 10 cents a bottle. If you bring in a case or two, you won't even be bothered -- too much paperwork for just a little bit of duty.

There was actually a luggage allowance on Celebrity for our first cruise. It was 200 lbs per person. I only know because, being our first cruise [and in the days you could actually find a printed brochure] I read the whole T&Cs. I have not read the complete T&Cs since so I have no idea if the allowance is still there...

You can still find printed brochures, or even better yet you can download a full copy of one from Celebrity's website which include about 11 pages of T&C fine print in the back. The 2014/2015 Americas brochure has no limit on baggage weight nor number of bags. But it includes the following verbiage:

Each adult passenger is permitted to carry onboard

the vessel or check-in only the wearing apparel and

personal effects reasonably necessary for the cruise

or Cruisetour, including suitcases, trunks, valises,

satchels, bags, hangers containing clothing, toiletries,

and similar items. However, for your comfort and

convenience, it is recommended that you limit the

number of pieces you take

Edited by Lsimon

Has anyone used up all their luggage tags ? :eek:

Yes.

But I will qualify that statement in the following manner. At the port my partner and I each drop two suitcases (total of four), each with luggage tags for the porters to take away. Additional items such as a camera bag, backpack, computer case, and first day clothing bag are also tagged with the remaining 4 luggage tags. We do this as a proactive measure in the unfortunate event that we manage to forget something at lunch or while walking around the ship taking pictures while waiting for the rooms to open up. You never know... and you have a much better chance of your forgotten possession coming back to you.

I put two on each bag so if one gets ripped off there's a better chance the other will make it.

Ditto

Use all of them. Put on as many as I have for that reason. Also put one on my carry on.

Don't need to save them.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Yep, 200 lb per person.

On our first cruise departing Southampton my husband reminded me that 'that's a limit of 200 lbs each - not a target!' As he packed yet more stuff into the car.

I will admit to taking 17, yes 17 pairs of shoes! As someone who normally travels hand luggage only the luxury of not having to think about the weight restriction went to my head. Needless to say, the vast majority of what I took came home again unworn!

Deb

Yes.

But I will qualify that statement in the following manner. At the port my partner and I each drop two suitcases (total of four), each with luggage tags for the porters to take away. Additional items such as a camera bag, backpack, computer case, and first day clothing bag are also tagged with the remaining 4 luggage tags. We do this as a proactive measure in the unfortunate event that we manage to forget something at lunch or while walking around the ship taking pictures while waiting for the rooms to open up. You never know... and you have a much better chance of your forgotten possession coming back to you.

We do the same. If it moves, on embarkation day, I label it!

You can still find printed brochures, or even better yet you can download a full copy of one from Celebrity's website which include about 11 pages of T&C fine print in the back. The 2014/2015 Americas brochure has no limit on baggage weight nor number of bags. But it includes the following verbiage:

Each adult passenger is permitted to carry onboard

the vessel or check-in only the wearing apparel and

personal effects reasonably necessary for the cruise

or Cruisetour, including suitcases, trunks, valises,

satchels, bags, hangers containing clothing, toiletries,

and similar items. However, for your comfort and

convenience, it is recommended that you limit the

number of pieces you take

I must have missed the fine print. I wonder what "for your comfort and convenience" really means?

My DH would love me to have a limited luggage allowance...for "his comfort and convenience". He's the one who does all the heavy lifting!

Yep, 200 lb per person.

On our first cruise departing Southampton my husband reminded me that 'that's a limit of 200 lbs each - not a target!' As he packed yet more stuff into the car.

I will admit to taking 17, yes 17 pairs of shoes! As someone who normally travels hand luggage only the luxury of not having to think about the weight restriction went to my head. Needless to say, the vast majority of what I took came home again unworn!

Deb

LOL!!

As an aside, can I ask how you find the drive from Manchester to Southampton (or do you fly?). We would be driving from just above Durham and haven't done it yet!

Edited by Priya2