Pre registering for 2016 cruise

Suebiker

Jean, I have just registered with Steve's TA company and specifically for the cruise I am interested in next year.

Please bear with me in that I still don't really see what benefits I get going via a TA than booking direct with P&O which I have always done. I have felt that I have a bit more control somehow booking direct and may have more chance of a nice upgrade if on their books as I have now got past history.

But I do see that a lot of you veterans always go via a TA, so still pondering.....

Edited by Scriv

The cruise I'm interested in is only a 5 nighter. Would it be better to wait and see if the double OBC comes out again? Getting 5% off 5 nights isn't going to be that much and those huge OBC offers we've had recently would be worth more than the 5% off surely?

Please follow the guidelines folks and DO NOT name travel agents. You may think by giving obvious clues it doesn't matter but it is the same thing.

Thanks for your co-operation.

This opening offer for 2016 cruises is for bookings made by May 31st.

Surely they wouldn't change prices until after then?

If some cruises prove very popular I have known the prices go up hourly! It's fluid pricing and the reason the brochure only gives from prices.

The cruise I'm interested in is only a 5 nighter. Would it be better to wait and see if the double OBC comes out again? Getting 5% off 5 nights isn't going to be that much and those huge OBC offers we've had recently would be worth more than the 5% off surely?

I think the 5% early booking discount is only on cruises longer than 7 nights. However fluid pricing could still kick in if it is a popular cruise like over the Xmas or New Year period.

Sue

I think the 5% early booking discount is only on cruises longer than 7 nights. However fluid pricing could still kick in if it is a popular cruise like over the Xmas or New Year period.

Sue

Ok, thanks for that. It's October so don't think it will sell out that quickly! Still will book quite early but it is annoying when you see those huge OBC's and you've only got a little bit! (Although for 5 nights I doubt it would be that much)

Does P&O quote higher prices to cover the cost of the huge OBC

they offer?

We only just managed to spend ours last time. Especially as we wanted to pre-book a couple of popular official tours before we sailed.We had to pay when we booked. They don't let you use your OBC any more.

I am beginning to think the OBC deals may not be worth bothering about. What does anybody think?

they offer?

We only just managed to spend ours last time. Especially as we wanted to pre-book a couple of popular official tours before we sailed.We had to pay when we booked. They don't let you use your OBC any more.

I am beginning to think the OBC deals may not be worth bothering about. What does anybody

Our onboard credit will cover our auto gratuities and maybe a SPA treatment since we didn't get very much, or I could purchase a wine package. I would probably do more ship excursions booked on board if We had the amount of credit others have mentioned and it would certainly help towards our 14 day drinks bill :)

they offer?

I am beginning to think the OBC deals may not be worth bothering about. What does anybody think?

Of course they do you get nothing for free. Usually when a new advertising campaign starts offering extra OBC the price of the cruise goes up you have to look at the bigger picture and not just the OBC which P&O want you to do.

We've pre registered for a 2016 cruise on Azura. Can anybody tell me if the price I was given will go up before we can actually book when it becomes available on the 17th April. I was told at the time that because we have pre registered we are now committed to travel on that cruise, which is fine by me as I won't change my mind but will not be very happy if I can't get the cabin grade I want and have to pay loads more. I was told at the time of booking that there are only 2 cabins for the 3 person cabin grade that i want so I'm a bit worried that I won't get what I booked for. I've pre registered with a T.A if that makes any difference.

Many thanks!

Elliejay.

We've pre registered for a 2016 cruise on Azura. Can anybody tell me if the price I was given will go up before we can actually book when it becomes available on the 17th April. I was told at the time that because we have pre registered we are now committed to travel on that cruise, which is fine by me as I won't change my mind but will not be very happy if I can't get the cabin grade I want and have to pay loads more. I was told at the time of booking that there are only 2 cabins for the 3 person cabin grade that i want so I'm a bit worried that I won't get what I booked for. I've pre registered with a T.A if that makes any difference.

Many thanks!

Elliejay.

Fingers crossed for you Elliejay. You would have been better in this case prebook ing with P & O as they guarantee you a cabin in the grade you have registered with them for or upgrade you free of charge. With a TA if those cabins are booked when they get on the system then they should ring you for your further instructions.

Sue

Yes, but I have never had a problem on Oriana or bigger. there are loads of cabins to choose from.

But perhaps they do not fit the bill. If you have specific needs, as I do you have to book as early as you can.

If we are paying select fare we like to choose our cabin carefully. I would prefer to book as soon as possible and get my first choice of cabin than take the risk.

Just waiting for a phone call from TA to say all booked.

Sue