Gastropub food and drink?

LuAnn

Did a search here and on X website and could not find this...what food and drinks are served here and it sounds like there is an extra charge for the food items? What range of cost are they and what is served? Going on Eclipse after the dry dock and sounds like this will be replacing the Passport Bar. Thanks for any insight and info!! LuAnn

Just off Equinox this morning. On our cruise the Gastrobar was fairly busy with drinks and wine, we stopped by every day, but never saw a single food order. Probably why there is a halt on extending the concept.

X should rethink the food offerings and pricing, just mot a workable idea.

The problem is in the name....

A gastropub is a British term for a pub (bar) which specializes in high-quality food a step above the more basic. The name comes from gastronomy which is all about the relationship between culture and food:cool:

Agreed it would be better for X if it only had the beers but then the name is wrong:eek:

Is the Gastropub on the Summit?

No, they just have Cellar Masters, and last time on her, they transferred the beers from Michael's to Cellar Masters. Sommeliers not very happy about that. Additionally, variety of beers not very good.

Hi there,

We'll be adding to Eclipse during its next dry dock!

Glad to hear that as we like the drink menu and the better wine selection than at other bars (didn't have any beer), but I do wish X would rethink the food. Inexpensive or free bar snacks are need. There isn't a good place on e Celebrity ships for a low-key munchie with drinks, especially a bar that offers a range of beers, wines, and mixed drinks that appeal to a larger group. Oh, and with TVs to watch sports. 😉

I just checked the photo I took of the beer prices on X Equinox in June and they are the same;)

http://www.moreton.co.uk/ebaypics/GastroBar Equinox001.pdf

The horror :eek: ...The PDF file you link to...It has listed Hoegaarden as a beer from Germany. :eek:

This is a Belgian beer, named after the town of Hoegaarden where the brewery still is located (although owned by AB InBev).

Some nice beers on the list though. I hope they are about the same on our Eclipse sailing in August.

Anyone any idea what beer stocks will be like? Its OK having 40 beers, not if they only have 6 bottles of each!

And not if they're all so old they got skunky. I hope after the first season they'll get a handle on which beers sell well and adjust the selection and inventory to match. But since they already had Dogfish Head 90 Minute on Eclipse earlier this month, I really don't care what else they carry!

It is indeed replacing the passport bar on the eclipse!!

This is interesting, because CellarMasters was already a ghost town (wine wise) earlier this month -- the enomatic machines were sitting empty throughout the cruise. Maybe they're going to rename it the Perry Grant Bar?

Did a search here and on X website and could not find this...what food and drinks are served here and it sounds like there is an extra charge for the food items? What range of cost are they and what is served? Going on Eclipse after the dry dock and sounds like this will be replacing the Passport Bar. Thanks for any insight and info!! LuAnn

Isn't it replacing cellar masters?

I'm just off Solstice and if that ship was a fair representation of what goes on on other ships within the fleet, then I cannot believe that they are replacing the passport bar with the gastropub.

On Solstice the passport was well patronised throughout the cruise in contrast to Cellar Masters which was a ghost town every time I walked past. I made a point of going in for a look many times and always the same, either no one or a hand full of people. I did have a drink in there to 'tick it off my list'.

The passport bar was one of my favourite places on board - open, bright, good bartenders, the best beer selection on board (although sadly nothing like the gastropub beer menu as posted by another contributor to this thread), could get good coffee, cocktails and spirits. If you wanted a quite place to have a beer, read a book and look out the window at the sea it was perfect. If you wanted to make new friends with other passengers well it was perfect for that too.

So they'll replace a popular, well patronised venue and replace it with something else but leave a dark, poorly patronised venue as is. Doesn't make sense to me.

As a craft beer lover, I was a little concerned about what would be available on Solstice. There was a wide variety of international commercial beers available and very few 'craft' beers. Having said that, I didn't go thirsty and did manage to have 34 different beers.