Check your early saving booking!!!! Huge price drop!!

rene194215

Are most of you filling out paperwork? Or calling a PVP? If you need to fill something out..where do you find it??

Thank you

I'm pretty sure calling your PVP doesn't work. You must fill out the electronic form. A link was provided earlier in the thread at Post #38.

Edited by jsglow

Thank you! That's what I have been doing daily!! Didn't know if there was an easier way...LOL The balcony went down so debating on whether to snag it or not. We are booked in an OV now...Only $160 take home to upgrade to a balcony for 3 passengers... Thanks!!

You need to manually compare the mock booking (or fare viewer) fare against your already booked fare. Ken
Edited by RCLcruiser2012

Early saver allows for price protection. From Carnival site:

New and existing Early Saver bookings both have price protection up to 2 days prior to sailing. If you find a lower Carnival advertised fare after booking your cruise, we will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: (a) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests (b) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate and © a rate the guest in the cabin are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Early Saver guests are not eligible to be protected on the following programs: Super Saver, Instant Saver or any other program that does not allow cabin selection at the time of booking. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

You also get Price Protection with Fun Select rate - up until you make your final payment (75 days out). Also your deposit is refundable and name changes are free up to final payment.

Rates went up $100 for January 2016! yikes. Haha

Our January cruise has also gone up since I booked.

Edited by lizardhowson

I got a price drop on our Breeze Oct cruise as well! $200 total between this price drop and a previous one! Can't complain about that at all!

And maybe PVP's are different, but I just email my PVP with a screen shot of the pricing showing on the Carnival Fare Viewer and she submits it for me. And both times for this cruise, I've had my approval for the price drop within 10 minutes of her submitting it.

I did have to pay an additional deposit today. When we booked a while back Carnival was running that $50pp deposit special. Normally, the deposit for the 8 day cruises is $300 pp. This current special includes a 50% reduced deposit making it $150pp. So we had to pay the difference between the deposit we paid and the current 50% reduced deposit to qualify for this price drop. Figure, we'll pay this money eventually anyway...so it's worth it to pay it now to save a littel bit!

Misty

Our October cruise rates on the Conquest dropped too but as of last week, all aft balconies are booked so we don't qualify. :eek: Since all balcony prices begin with the base balcony rate, you'd think we'd still qualify for the drop. This is our first experience with Early Saver and I was excited about the potential price drops I'm always reading about but I called Carnival and found out its by actual room category. This is also our first aft balcony so hope its worth it! We are excited about the extended balcony on the back of the ship. :D Still happy to hear about everyone else's savings though, I love a bargain. Next time we book a regular balcony, I better get a price break when prices drop, LOL.

Happy Sailing!

Checked today--Glory Eastern Caribbean--November 28th--price went down.

Submitted the form--got an approval within 20 minutes.

This is the fastest approval I've seen for any of our six cruises. :)

Pretty pumped! Just brought down my price $330.88 on my 14 day pride next year. And through early saver was able to take advantage of the 50% off deposit to add another 3rd person for only 670$ not 936$ so that same me another 134$.

Ba da ba ba ba........ IM LOVIN' IT :)

If I do price adjustment will anything about my deposit change? When we booked we got half price deposit. My cruise has gone down about $80 so trying to figure out if I should do price adjustment

My booking is with the 99.00 deposit special. I have gotten 2 price drops and it didn't change my deposit requirement at all.