Crown - 'Wine Tastings' ?

Weena

There will be the "regular" wine tastings but I'd suggest going to Vines and asking about the Stammtisch Table. It's a smaller and more intimate tasting held in Vines. When we did it they had one for white wines and another one for red wines. I think there was room for 8 or 10 people at the table. The wine steward in Vines introduced each wine in the flight and spoke about it and there was a specific bit of food for each wine. It was quite nice and not expensive.

Signing up won't be a problem.... You will be asked numerous times by dining staff, at both MDR and Buffet. There are 2 different tastings plus the Vines offerings that you reserve there (which are the best of the bunch!)

Besides the Stammtisch tasting, there are usually two wine tastings. There is the Princess Grapevine. Cost is about $9.50. This is the one you will be often asked to sign up for.

The other is the Maitre 'd wine tasting. Cost is about $25.

Both are held on sea days starting at 3pm

There is the Princess Grapevine. Cost is about $9.50.

Both are held on sea days starting at 3pm

Not always in the afternoon.

The Grapevine was at 10 in the morning on a recent cruise. We were told they wanted the tasting before lunch as lunch would ruin our taste buds for the event.

The Grapevine was at 10 in the morning on a recent cruise. We were told they wanted the tasting before lunch as lunch would ruin our taste buds for the event.

Does that mean that lunch was going to be "that good" or vice versa? :eek: :confused: :p

LOL.. Almost makes you cringe some of the ridiculous stuff they make up onboard sometimes :eek:

Srpilo

Edited by srpilo

Does that mean that lunch was going to be "that good" or vice versa? :eek: :confused: :p

I guess it could be either.

On the other hand, having that wine tasting in the morning could ruin our taste buds for lunch.

Edited by caribill

So funny. Better start all wine drinking then early in the morning to get your day's fix before you are totally ruined. .:p

Better start all wine drinking then early in the morning to get your day's fix before you are totally ruined.

I knew that guy, except it was cheap beer. He lived with his family in a cellar foundation with a plastic cover (no house).

Sorry I'm a bit confused, the best one, the Stammtisch tasting is at Vines and is $15 or $9.50...so which one is $25?? Seems a lot for wine tasting....??

Higher price because better wines are used.

Sorry I'm a bit confused, the best one, the Stammtisch tasting is at Vines and is $15 or $9.50...so which one is $25?? Seems a lot for wine tasting....??
The Stammtisch wine tastings in Vines are held in the evening and have various themes such as New World Reds or Old World Whites or various others. The $9.50 Grapevine wine tasting and $25 Maitre d' wine tasting are held in one of the dining rooms, usually in the afternoon. On one longer cruise an additional sparkling wine tasting for $25 was added to the usual two. There is also a $40 Super Tuscan wine tasting on the Royal and Regal. There is no such thing as too much wine [emoji33]

I've done the $25 tasting and the Stammtisch Table tasting. My wife and I agreed that the Stammtisch Table was by far the better experience.

Rui hosted the one we did for $25 and we both liked him a lot. Christopher hosted the one in Vines and he was really great. It was so much more personal and Christopher made it especially great for us. (He got glowing reviews from us in the Princess survey.)

Christopher: Wine Steward in Vines

IMG_20141119_165352807_zps0fb7ded2.jpg

Edited by Thrak