Group Bookings Advantages?

AZJerry

Our upcoming cruise is the first we have taken as part of a "group" booking. Are there advantages as such? I'm particularly interested in the possibility of getting dining reservations as a group of 14, "welcome aboard" get together space, ???

Who booked your group? Who is the group leader? All amenities are chosen by the group leader, the booking TA can explain the point structure and how your points can be allocated.

Generally you need 8 full cabins (16 people) to form a group.

Edited by cherylandtk

With all the people signed up for the Roll Call, Princess does very little. They usually give us a room for the hour. It is one of the lounges that are not open during the day. They provide a bartender and waiter, but each person pays for their drinks. They even charge $10 for a microphone. I would not expect much for 14 people, especially if it is not requested before booking.

Every Group has a Group Leader who makes requests and decisions for the Group with the Princess Group Coordinator .

Co ordinating dining is very easy although 1 table for 14 would be a stretch.

Find out who your Group Leader is , what Amenity they chose and how is the TC $ being allocated .

Our upcoming cruise is the first we have taken as part of a "group" booking. Are there advantages as such? I'm particularly interested in the possibility of getting dining reservations as a group of 14, "welcome aboard" get together space, ???

I assume this is a group of people who know each other, not a group of random people that a travel agent put together.

If you want traditional dining, then all of the reservations will need to be linked together. Whoever put the group together should be able to get this done via the travel agent used (or through Princess if no TA was used).

However, there are no tables for 14 people, so the best that can be done is two tables, hopefully near each other. You can switch who eats at which table during the cruise if you wish.

When you get your cruise cards if you are in traditional, they will have your dining room name and time and assigned table on them. If everyone is not assigned to just one of two tables, speak with the Maitre'd (see Patter for the time and place) on embarkation day afternoon.