Thanksgiving Dinner?

brt49

My husband and I are also going to be sailing over Thanksgiving this year. We will be sailing on the Ruby out of San Pedro going to Hawaii. I was wondering if anyone knows if they will make Thanksgiving a formal night? We will be at sea on that day. I really hope not because we won't be bringing formal clothes because of flying, and my husband LOVES turkey. Thanks in advance for the help.

My husband and I are also going to be sailing over Thanksgiving this year. We will be sailing on the Ruby out of San Pedro going to Hawaii. I was wondering if anyone knows if they will make Thanksgiving a formal night? We will be at sea on that day. I really hope not because we won't be bringing formal clothes because of flying, and my husband LOVES turkey. Thanks in advance for the help.

FWIW, on our Star Cruise to Hawaii they had the turkey dinner in the main dinning room and they also had a whole turkey at the carving station in the Horizon Court. You could have a nice, traditional dinner in either place.

So they serve it, but how good is it? Is it banquet food or do you really get Thanksgiving dinner.

It's my favorite holiday.

We thought is was very good. As a group, at our table, we asked that they bring mashed potatoes and gravy on the side for all to share because the dinner meal comes with only sweet potatoes. Don't count on pumpkin pie, though, they didn't have it.

Our favorite holiday for a tradition turkey dinner as well. :cool:

We're done several Thanksgivings on Princess and the turkey served in the MDR seems to be the same as what is available on the "American night" menu on their ships. We've even had it on the menu twice during Thanksgiving week - on Thanksgiving itself (usually combined with a formal night so you also have lobster) and then on American night again.

Looking forward to Turkey and football would like it to be on muts but think it will be on in one of the lounges hoping to watch Seattle v 49ers

See you there

You have a chance, watched bowl games on MUTS during our New Year's cruise.

We're done several Thanksgivings on Princess and the turkey served in the MDR seems to be the same as what is available on the "American night" menu on their ships. We've even had it on the menu twice during Thanksgiving week - on Thanksgiving itself (usually combined with a formal night so you also have lobster) and then on American night again.

Yes, that is what happens.

We are booked on the Coral Princess for a 15 day LA to Fort Lauderdale Panama Canal cruise over Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any experience with the menu?

We all probably have had some experience with this menu. As you probably guessed, traditional menus will be available and yes, if you desire turkey and trimmings it is also available! Gobble! Gobble!