Have you ever seen someone famous while cruising?

AndreaDH91483

While it was ashore on Saipan during a working cruise, I did once meet (and chat with) a most unusually "famous" person. His name was Paul Tibbits. Google him if his name draws a blank for you.

I find it difficult to believe that everyone does not recognize that name. As a face, however, he would be unrecognizable so he could have walked around unnoticed. He died in 2007.

DON

While it was ashore on Saipan during a working cruise, I did once meet (and chat with) a most unusually "famous" person. His name was Paul Tibbits. Google him if his name draws a blank for you.

Tibbets and Saipan together. That was an exacta for any history buff.

I find it difficult to believe that everyone does not recognize that name. As a face, however, he would be unrecognizable so he could have walked around unnoticed. He died in 2007.

DON

Don, we have kids in our country who don't know who Bobby Orr is.:eek:

Edited by DirtyDawg

Aside from those who were on the ship to lecture (mostly the "nominally famous"), no.

After my Christmas 2013 cruise other passengers remarked about having seen Whoopi Goldberg (and I had seen the person they discussed without having made the connection) but I saw the same person aboard the 2014 cruise and could tell it wasn't Whoopi (who I have seen in person on another occasion).

Never on a cruise ship, but I've seen plenty of famous people at the theme park where I work.

Steven Spielberg, the guy who voices Megatron in the Transformers movies (super nice guy), the Phelps twins (the Weasley twins from the Potter movies), Rupert Grint, Ivanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), the guy who was Neville Longbottom, Hulk Hogan, Paula Deen, Kevin Smith, Geraldo Rivera, Barenaked Ladies (we have a lot of concerts at my park, and I don't count seeing the concert, but I do count performers who just come out and walk into the park), Austin Mahone (teen singer).

My husband has done catering for Gingrich when he was speaker, so we know him personally, and his 2nd wife.

I met President Clinton's dog Buddy in the basement of the White House once.

Used to see him fairly regularly at the old Warbird Museum in Kissimmee FL where I worked as a volunteer. He even had his own parking space for a while. Great guy.

Last cruise when I worked out in the fitness center I would always end up on a machine next to a guy who will have a bit part in a soon to be released movie. And, at sail-away we were up on deck chatting with someone who had some interesting "fun facts" on one of the worlds richest men (from same town and in a position to have the "fun facts").