Do Suites get any preferential treatment with dining reservations?

flutprop

Have been reading recently about Chefs Table selling out, and Crab Shack turning away walk ups. Do those staying in suites get any special treatment when making dining reservations? As in, do they move the the front of the line when there is a wait for anytime dining, when a speciality restaurant is fully booked, or get to make reservations before the days are announced (Crab shack) etc?

I know they get speciality dining the first night, and haven't heard about that being unavailable if they wanted to dine there again. Just wondered if there were any perks to dining (in the restaurant, vs in room menus)

We always book a full suite and anytime dining. Whenever we want to dine we just tell the concierge or call the dine line and, presto, we go dine without any wait, when we want. Yes, you go to the head of the line for anytime dining.:)

We always book a full suite and anytime dining. Whenever we want to dine we just tell the concierge or call the dine line and, presto, we go dine without any wait, when we want. Yes, you go to the head of the line for anytime dining.:)

Awesome, Thanks Husky! So just need to remember to call before heading out to dine.

Yes and No. Your first night's dinner is complimentary in the Crown Grill, Sabatini's, or whatever the specialty restaurant is on your ship. But, you are limited to the times that are available. For instance, at the Crown Grill you will either be offered an early dinner (5:30, 5:45, 6 etc) or you would have to wait until the first seaters are out...which sometimes takes a couple of hours.

Even though your cabin number shows up when you call the DINE line, you sometimes still need to identify yourself as a suite passenger. Yes, you do, most often, have executive privileges for any time dining in the MDR.

I've been told that I could not have room service with Pub Lunches and/or Tea service until I gently reminded the phone person that I was in a Window Suite and the Pub Lunch was just a couple feet away.

I like Traditional Dining but booked a cruise too late and was assigned Anytime. I spoke to the Head Waiter at the door and he had my table ready every day. He never wrote down the cabin number or anything (marvelous memory). He did ask if I would like the same table each night as I walked out of the dining room.

I've had the first night's dinner (Prime Rib) delivered to my cabin on a 3 night cruise (any time dining) because I just didn't want to hassle the crowds (Specialty dinners are not offered for the short cruises).

Can't speak for Crab Shack dinners or Chef's table.

On the Grand Princess, two MDR had traditional first seating and only one was anytime until about 7:30 pm when the first seating was over - then two MDR were anytime. They did not take anytime reservations between 5:30 and about 7:30 pm, since they would have to leave the table empty until the time of the reservation. When I called the DINE line and asked for a 6:30 pm reservation, they said they did not make reservations for that time.

However, as soon as I identified myself as in a suite, they made the 6:30 reservation.

In a suite, you need to call for reservations before the DINE line closes for the evening, but you can call just before the DINE line closes, and they will have a reservation available for you at the time you request.

In a full suite we have always been asked our choice for dinning, and

as for special resturants, we do call on the first day d i n e and book for as well as chef table. So far they have been very helpful. We don't use full room service, though wish that we could book a special resturant, pay and have the meal sent up. We would be glad to pay extra over the cover charge for this. We do nice like the balcony meals they have.

While staying in a suite we have never been turned away when requesting the Chef's Table. I can't say if that was because of the suite, or because calling to put our name in for the Chef's Table is one of the first things I do when I board. But we have been 5 times over the years, and as I said never told no.

It's called a reservation and I have made them when sailing in an obstructed ocean view. It's not a special suite perk. Personally I don't think Princess does much for suite guests compared to other lines.

It's called a reservation and I have made them when sailing in an obstructed ocean view. It's not a special suite perk. Personally I don't think Princess does much for suite guests compared to other lines.

The Suite perk is that you, not being in a suite, might be told no more reservations will be taken for that evening but if you were in a suite they would still take the reservation.

Thanks for educating me what a reservation is. I have called for a time for anytime dining and told there were no times available. As soon as I told them I was in a suite the time opened that I requested.

We disagree about Princess perks for suites, but so what?:)

Thanks for educating me what a reservation is. I have called for a time for anytime dining and told there were no times available. As soon as I told them I was in a suite the time opened that I requested.

We disagree about Princess perks for suites, but so what?:)

So basically it isn't a special perk for booking a suite which is what the OP was asking It's just a strong arm if you think to use it. I always called for a 7:00 reservation and was accommodated. Maybe 7:00 isn't peak time but there is always a line at the door.

I would not call preferred seating availability a "Strong Arm", I have sailed many times with Princess and have gotten seated at my preferred time when they could accomadate me. I also have been told they were unable to seat me , that no reservations were being accepted for that time and I have dealt with it. BUT , when sailing in a suite, I have never been denied my prefered time.

I would not call preferred seating availability a "Strong Arm", I have sailed many times with Princess and have gotten seated at my preferred time when they could accomadate me. I also have been told they were unable to seat me , that no reservations were being accepted for that time and I have dealt with it. BUT , when sailing in a suite, I have never been denied my prefered time.

Ok, now I understand. The other post made it seem like they had to insist they get a reservation because they were in a suite. That's why I didn't understand that there was a preferred dining time perk.

Have been reading recently about Chefs Table selling out, and Crab Shack turning away walk ups. Do those staying in suites get any special treatment when making dining reservations? As in, do they move the the front of the line when there is a wait for anytime dining, when a speciality restaurant is fully booked, or get to make reservations before the days are announced (Crab shack) etc?

I know they get speciality dining the first night, and haven't heard about that being unavailable if they wanted to dine there again. Just wondered if there were any perks to dining (in the restaurant, vs in room menus)

Let's just cut to the chase. The answer is "yes", and so it should be for the price one pays for a suite. There isn't a need to be obnoxious about it but if in doubt don't hesitate to play the "suite card". As said, you're paying for it.

thanks for all the replies. We have never sailed anytime dining, nor in a Suite, so want to make the most of it. While I don't have plans for Chefs Table, I do want to make sure we can get into the Pub meals and Crab Shack.

Now if only being in a Suite could get us into the Ultimate Ship Tour, but I understand why that is lottery if too many people sign up.

thanks for all the replies. We have never sailed anytime dining, nor in a Suite, so want to make the most of it. While I don't have plans for Chefs Table, I do want to make sure we can get into the Pub meals and Crab Shack.

Now if only being in a Suite could get us into the Ultimate Ship Tour, but I understand why that is lottery if too many people sign up.

The Pub lunch (fish and chips) is open to anyone and first come first served.

It will be busy at first (Noon) but it dies down.

Had the best fish ever on the Emerald last month.

The Pub lunch is one of the best Fish and Chips outside of London that I have had. The difference is that in London the fish filet falls off both ends of the large plate, on Princess it is on the plate. Always get Malt Vinegar as this is the way that the fish was intended to be eaten.

Also we have always booked Full Suites, and are Platinum, and do not hesitate to use all the "Perks".