NO direct flights from manchester to venice

The reason may be that Venice is served directly only by LCCs (Low cost carriers) including EasyJet, Monarch and Jet2 and they do not fly regular daily traffic.

I seem to also recall a thread here on CC where a passenger was stranded by EasyJet for 3 days having not checked in for he flight online or something and this was a major PR hassle for RCI.

LCCs are notorious for not being very helpful when something goes wrong and may not be preferred carriers for a third party booking.

why are rccl not doing direct flights from manchester to venice anyone have any idea why this is so

Because flight schedules are determined by the airlines, not the cruise lines. Evidently there are no airlines that have found it profitable enough to warrant a scheduled nonstop between those two cities, so RCCL can't sell you a ticket on a non-existent flight.

A general problem - from Copenhagen I'm flying Lufthansa via Frankfurt for my November cruise.

Direct flights might be offered bt Easyjet, Monarch or jet2.com - depending on time of the year.

Use momondo.com or similar to find the best connections from Manchester.

check with the airport itself. as there are no direct flights between Glasgow and Venice on a saturday - none come up on RCI site and non on skyscaner, However BA city do fly a charter flight that day and my MIL is booked on it going to her cruise in july- packaged together by barrhead travel.

why are rccl not doing direct flights from manchester to venice anyone have any idea why this is so
There are direct flights from Manchester to Venice operated by Jet2 who RCI used to use when providing fly/cruise packages.

However, flight schedules are only available up to Nov 2015 at present. When is your cruise?

It could be that RCI & Jet2 have not yet finalised a contract for the days you need to travel.

Because they are a cruiseline and not an airline:rolleyes:
But they are a cruise line offer a fly/cruise option so your comment is totally untrue.

Because flight schedules are determined by the airlines, not the cruise lines. Evidently there are no airlines that have found it profitable enough to warrant a scheduled nonstop between those two cities, so RCCL can't sell you a ticket on a non-existent flight.
Again untrue as there are direct services from Manchester to Venice provided by Jet2, Easyjet & Monarch and I know from experience that RCI WILL sell a ticket on at least 2 of these 3 carriers as I have booked fly/cruise with RCI. So evidently your information is incorrect and misleading.

Again untrue as there are direct services from Manchester to Venice provided by Jet2, Easyjet & Monarch and I know from experience that RCI WILL sell a ticket on at least 2 of these 3 carriers as I have booked fly/cruise with RCI. So evidently your information is incorrect and misleading.

I don't have time to research everything everyone posts to make sure that what THEY post is accurate. Someone asked why there was no direct flight for their cruise and implied it was the airline's fault that there was no flight. I simply went on the assumption that they were correct in stating there was no nonstop flight between the two cities.....If that was correct, it wouldn't be the cruise line's fault, as it is still correct that they can only sell an airline ticket for a flight that exists. :rolleyes:

If there are flights between the two, then there is some other legitimate reason why RCI isn't selling them; either they aren't available for booking yet (i.e. they don't technically exist) or the airline won't let RCI buy bulk seats. So in essence, still not the cruise line's fault.

we cruise twice a year with royal caribbean and book direct with them. We book a fly cruise and have always had direct flights from Manchester. For some unknown reason flights from Manchester are now indirect and they dont appear to be using Jet2 as they normally do. The flights are there with Jet2 so cant understand why the flights are indirect using different airlines. We dont feel comfortable booking a flight with Jet2 and the cruise separate as we have always booked a complete package. It seems for a 2 hour flight stupid to make the journey 3 times as long by using indirect flight. Does anyone know the reasoning for this. We are looking for September this year

we cruise twice a year with royal caribbean and book direct with them. We book a fly cruise and have always had direct flights from Manchester. For some unknown reason flights from Manchester are now indirect and they dont appear to be using Jet2 as they normally do. The flights are there with Jet2 so cant understand why the flights are indirect using different airlines. We dont feel comfortable booking a flight with Jet2 and the cruise separate as we have always booked a complete package. It seems for a 2 hour flight stupid to make the journey 3 times as long by using indirect flight. Does anyone know the reasoning for this. We are looking for September this year

we just booked flying out a day early (rome) to be on the safe side- so much cheaper and a day to see rome. you could do the same for venice

Since someone mentioned that next year's flights are not available yet it could be that the time of the flights have changed.

We have flown with RC from Birmingham to Barcelona in the past. We usually book our own flights but this was part of a package and they used Monarch. We booked another package with them this year - before the new Monarch schedule was released - thinking the flights would be the same - only to find we were flying via Amsterdam on the way out and Paris on the way back. When we looked into this the Monarch flight times had changed so that the flight wouldn't get to Barcelona in time.

We can fly to Barcelona from our local airport with Easyjet in under 2 hours, so routing via Amsterdam and Paris seems crazy. RC allowed us to switch our flights to Gatwick and we are now flying direct with BA.

Which is a long-winded way of saying what I said in the first para, that the Jet2 flights may be operating at a different time next year.

Cruise are sold by cruiselines.

If you want a flight, or taxi - they will help do it if possible - financially, logistically, and customers are happy. Booking you on a LCC puts the cruiseline at risk.

Personally, I have booking air or land transfers via a cruise line. I book my own and am in control.

LCC's can only work within their own pool of flights when a problem occurs. A mainline carrier can re-book passengers on other flights within their alliance when disruptions occur.

LCC's can sometimes have very restrictive baggage restrictions, check-in procedures and other policies that passengers that have never flown with them are not aware of.

There have been threads of passengers blaming the cruise lines for airline incidents with some frequency here on CC.

This one involved an RCI Splendour passenger last season that was stranded by Easyjet at Venice. This case involved a cruise passenger not doing the airlines standard online check in due to lack of information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2122459&highlight=venice+flight