Can I request to be seated with another family?

katiedidthat

We will be sailing on the Carnival Pride with our two boys in December and I was wondering if anyone knew how to get seated at a bigger table with another family. On our last cruise, our family of 3 was seated alone at a 4 person table and we really missed out on the connection you can make with your dinner tablemates. I think the boys would do much better with other kids to interact with too, since they are used to meals with their cousins. Any suggestions for what we can do ahead of time or do we just have to wait until the first night and see where we are?

Most cruise lines have a website where you can request a specific number of diners on your table or where this is not so your travel agent can advise the cruise line your wishes on your behalf for you. I normally cruise with my daughter on first/second sitting and request the biggest table they provide.

Some lines have a freedom/anytime dining not at the same time each night. I do not like this idea as a preference but if you get given this despite requesting a fixed early/late sitting on a big table then when you enter restaurant ask to "Share". This would be different lot of strangers every night but is the best fall back position if you cannot get a fixed sitting.

Regards John

Ask you TA to make a note on the reservation that you wish to be seated at a larger table with another family. If you reserved directly with the cruiseline, you can call and ask that they do this.

HOWEVER, most families prefer to dine by themselves so you may not be paired up.

Some lines, like DCL (so I hear) do an excellent job of matching families. But both times we sailed DCL, we were at a table for 4 which was our request.

My kids are very well behaved, and I don't want to be matched up with another family whose children may not be as well behaved as mine.

If you knew of friends where cruising on the same ship, you could certainly ask to have your reservations linked and be seated together.

When we sail as a couple (which hasn't been for a long time) we used to ask to be seated at a large table, and be paired with other couples. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but usually they won't seat a child mixed in with other couples.

Yes..you can request it! However, nowadays, folks are so unsociable, that not many want to be seated with others! I don't understand it...it's something we look forward to...I know some say they aren't talkers...and some prefer to talk rather than listen...and I guess some drool, or something that makes them embarrassed to eat with others...I just don't know!!!

Edited by cb at sea

You can request but realize:

A) the family you sit with may not have kids the same age or sex as your kids. "Kids" can be babies, toddlers, 17-year-olds... are you alright with any of that?

B) just because you are with another family does not mean you will like them.

If you are really looking to make a connection it may be best to have unassigned dining, meet a family at an event, and invite them to join you for dinner.

You can request but realize:

A) the family you sit with may not have kids the same age or sex as your kids. "Kids" can be babies, toddlers, 17-year-olds... are you alright with any of that?

B) just because you are with another family does not mean you will like them.

If you are really looking to make a connection it may be best to have unassigned dining, meet a family at an event, and invite them to join you for dinner.

Or get to know other families on your sailing via the your CC meet. If you "mesh" with someone on your meet thread ask if they would want to sit together. You can both then contact Celebrity to "link" your ressies and request being seated at the same table.